• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Spotting after AF ends?

CowgirlBaby

Reaction score
Alright so last time my other half and I DTD was about a day before AF showed up, because I thought I was ovulating, i was off on my cycle lol. So no big deal. AF showed up, figured I would try again next cycle. AF ended on Tuesday, this morning I woke up with some light spotting that lasted all day. Kind of a pinkish brownish. Could it be possible that his sperm survived in my body long enough for pregnancy to occur after AF? Or is baby brain making me crazy and I should be concerned about the spotting and go talk to my doctor about it?

Thanks

-CGB <3

It could be spotting from ovulation? Some see this. I haven't myself but I have heard plenty have some spotting around then. I think it's unlikely sperm would have survived and fertilised an egg during or immediately after your period, but it isn't completely unheard of. Could your period have actually been a bleed which wasn't to do with a period? Did you test? Because it also isn't uncommon to bleed during pregnancy

I did a test today and it came back a BFN and I used an Ovulation test as well and it didn't detect a surge or anything either

Have you had sex recently? It could be leftover from af. I have had this occasionally.
If this is unusual for you and you notice any pain during sex or anything else out of the ordinary then it may be worth asking for a cervical screening, as the advice is if you see any bleeding which is unusual for you and there isn't an obvious cause for it, to get checked out to be on the safe side

Not since he left to go back on his business trip on the 30th, the day after that AF stated, the bleeding has stopped. So it may just be left over, if anything out of the ordinary comes up again. I will get it checked out

Yeah it's probably just leftover. Getting checked out is the advice here in the UK if you experience any bleeding or spotting that's out of the ordinary for you, but it generally isn't anything to be concerned about

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"