Spotting after ovulation

littlesteph

expecting baby no:3
Reaction score
Hi,
I've been spotting on and off the last 2 weeks, I never spotted before in a cycle. the only time I did was when I was pregnant with my 2nd and that wasn't until 11 weeks. I spotted on 4dpo 5dpo 9dpo 14dpo and today 15dpo. My lunar phase is usually 14 days, but going on my last cycle i'm not due on till tomorrow. pregnancy tests are negative but have been getting a lot of evaps. any idea why I am spotting, I am concerned as its not normal for me to spot.

are you TTC?
could be implantation or even old blood

no we're not, we've been a bit silly and been using a mixture of condoms and pull out method, don't tend to use the pull out method close to ovulation though.

I've had spotting on 3-5 dpo (this is quite common) and right before AF but not at 9dpo before. Have your cycles returned to normal since your second DS was born? If AF doesn't come back I would maybe call the doctor just to be sure there isn't anything else going on

yea, it's all been normal. I've been tracking my cycles to make sure. my lunar phase has always been 14 days. cycles between 28 - 30 days.

Now on cycle day 32 and still no sign of AF, did a test this morning and didn't look at it till half an hour after as forgot about it and there was a faint line, i'm inclined to think it is an evap

Was there any color? And is it the same batch or different from the evaps you mentioned earlier? If its the same batch I would maybe go pick up a new one as they may be defective. If its a different one then I'm not sure what the odds are on having so many evaps...I would definitely test again!

same batch but haven't had evaps on all of them, did another test about half hour ago and looked at it at the 2 minute mark and it is negative,

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/my-pregnancy-test307653

that's the test from this evening. in person I can now see a line,

is the top test the pg test? the one had a green strip so wasn't sure if it was an opk. I see a line on the top test but can't tell if there is any color. If AF doesn't show tomorrow I'd pick up a FRER :flower:

yea top test is a pregnancy test, the line showed after the time limit, they are meant to be sensitive test and can detect pregnancy 6 days early. Or at least it did with my 2nd.

I would recommend a FRER...good luck and let us know! If that shows neg and AF doesn't arrive soon I would call doc...seems strange that your cycles would change from what they have always been. Sorry I don't better advice :flower:

@callmedan , i'm kinda hoping it's an evap. we want more just not yet. i'm looking for work and have 2 interviews tomorrow, so the timing wouldn't be right, but it would service us right for not being as careful as we should be.

@kksy9b, i'm going to try and pick up a frer tomorrow, I had irregular cycles before my early miscarriage in 2012, having the miscarriage helped to regulate my periods strangely. After having my second the have been regular. so I am confused to why they would suddenly not be. I'm not under any stress so I know it's not that. I did have a lot of cramping in my last cycle, but I don't think that would be it.

Hopefully its just a wonky cycle for you...I get them from time to time. Usually right when I would go buy a test AF would show up ....be sure to keep us updated!

bottom test is the opk. I did a frer 2 days ago and it was negative.
did a one step test this morning and the line is no darker.
https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/my-pregnancy-test309463

well if the spotting was my period i'm due on again between tomorrow and the 24th, haven't tested in about 2 weeks now.

Hopefully it starts up for you or shows a clear positive. I have heard of some women whose periods come and go pp...maybe its your body still just adjusting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->