Spotting after sex

Eren

Reaction score
My husband and I had sex last night, and when I got up at 2am to pee (like clockwork nowadays) I noticed some of the CM/fluid had a couple streaks of brown/pink blood.

I tried not to panic and went back to sleep.

This morning it seems to be gone. Ive not been in pain, but am experiencing normal growing pains.

I woke up and found baby's heartbeat on doppler, still high between 168-174.

Do you think this spotting is due to sex? Or a sign of something worse?

I’m EXACTLY the same gestation as you (9+5 according to scan,ticker 1 day behind)... I had a bowel movement this morning,and didn’t strain half as much as usual,but had red blood (DEFINITELY from “that” area) on wiping-it immediately went from red to pink to brown,again only when wiping, and I’ve not just got a dark cream cm.... found babies characteristic HB on the doppler for all of about 3 seconds...didn’t stop me from spending 2 hours crying fearing the worst! I had spotting with DS all the way through, and was the first time this time...but I DID have spotting from being sick at 10+2 with DS, so think I may just be sensitive down there when vomiting/bowel movements are concerned?

I’ve also got what I would describe on a normal day as growing pains- if I hadn’t spotted,the niggling in my tummy would have been completely normal!

So I’m going to tell you exactly what I’m trying to think myself-baby is ok xxx

I remember when I had actual red blood, my doctor asked me if we had recently done the deed. She said that some pink/red/brown after sex is normal and to be expected. Don't forget your cervix is very engorged and has a lot of blood vessels now and it takes nothing to pop one.

I am not a doctor, obviously, so if you're worried you can talk to your doctor, but mine told me if I had a little bit after sex, that was completely normal.

I had non-sex related red blood at 8-9 weeks, and I'm now almost 16, and everything is perfect with the little bean :)

Ha, be warned this is what stopped DH and I from dtd for 7 months :p Totally normal to spot after sex, thank your sensitive cervix. The cervix toughens up into the 2nd trimester but anytime during pregnancy you can spot after sex. It’s just one of those things. If you don’t mind you can just carry on as it’s perfectly safe - or if it freaks you and DH out, you’re less likely to spot if you ‘dtd’ without penetration.

Sorry though it sucks!!

I’m EXACTLY the same gestation as you (9+5 according to scan,ticker 1 day behind)... I had a bowel movement this morning,and didn’t strain half as much as usual,but had red blood (DEFINITELY from “that” area) on wiping-it immediately went from red to pink to brown,again only when wiping, and I’ve not just got a dark cream cm.... found babies characteristic HB on the doppler for all of about 3 seconds...didn’t stop me from spending 2 hours crying fearing the worst! I had spotting with DS all the way through, and was the first time this time...but I DID have spotting from being sick at 10+2 with DS, so think I may just be sensitive down there when vomiting/bowel movements are concerned?

I’ve also got what I would describe on a normal day as growing pains- if I hadn’t spotted,the niggling in my tummy would have been completely normal!

So I’m going to tell you exactly what I’m trying to think myself-baby is ok xxx

I read online that spotting after a bowel movement is caused by contractions during the process and is completely normal!
Im glad I had the fetal doppler. Its reassuring to wake up and be able to hear the baby's HB. The spotting has stopped (havent had any since that 2am bout) so Im sure all is well.
Ive been getting a lot more growing pains since reaching week 9. About every other day I get little niggles or cramps or twinges across my belly. Thats probably a sign we'll be sporting nice baby bumps soon :happydance:

I remember when I had actual red blood, my doctor asked me if we had recently done the deed. She said that some pink/red/brown after sex is normal and to be expected. Don't forget your cervix is very engorged and has a lot of blood vessels now and it takes nothing to pop one.

I am not a doctor, obviously, so if you're worried you can talk to your doctor, but mine told me if I had a little bit after sex, that was completely normal.

I had non-sex related red blood at 8-9 weeks, and I'm now almost 16, and everything is perfect with the little bean :)

Thanks, its good to know your doctor said that.
When I saw the spotting at 2am I wasnt sure if it was from the sex or the beginnings of a mc. I laid in bed trying not to panic, feeling for any cramps or pain or increased bleeding. None came though, and after hearing the HB this morning I feel more confident.
I can tell there are changes down there. Almost like I can feel the increased blood flow. The sex last night felt different and I think its due to the changes down there.

Ha, be warned this is what stopped DH and I from dtd for 7 months :p Totally normal to spot after sex, thank your sensitive cervix. The cervix toughens up into the 2nd trimester but anytime during pregnancy you can spot after sex. It’s just one of those things. If you don’t mind you can just carry on as it’s perfectly safe - or if it freaks you and DH out, you’re less likely to spot if you ‘dtd’ without penetration.

Sorry though it sucks!!

Fortunately, he didn't see it! It would have freaked him out. I just found it streaked in the CM later that night, it wasn't a lot by any means.
It might also be because we were in a new position haha as a previous poster stated the area down there becomes more engorged/higher blood volume. I deffinitly felt more sensitive.
Im hoping by the second trimester it 'toughens up' lol

I haven't had it yet this pregnancy, but I definitely have had it with my previous three pregnancies before. I vividly remember calling my OB all worried about it each time. :hugs:

I had bright red blood this evening. With my previous 2 kiddos i never spotted at all so this is totally freaking me out. It slowed after a few hours and just now there were a couple small red clots. I found HB on Doppler. Read 153. This is the second time I’ve spotted after sex, the first time it wasn’t much more than a couple spots. It seems much more this time. I’ll be calling my dr in the morning. And i don’t think I’ll be having any fun for a while �� this isn’t worth it. Hope all you ladies are good too!!!!

I had bright red blood this evening. With my previous 2 kiddos i never spotted at all so this is totally freaking me out. It slowed after a few hours and just now there were a couple small red clots. I found HB on Doppler. Read 153. This is the second time I’ve spotted after sex, the first time it wasn’t much more than a couple spots. It seems much more this time. I’ll be calling my dr in the morning. And i don’t think I’ll be having any fun for a while �� this isn’t worth it. Hope all you ladies are good too!!!!

Seeing any kind of blood/spotting is worrisome-even if all the sources say its normal with sex! Did you talk with your doctor? What did they say?

I always get pinky spotting after sex aswell, my Dr & mw both said its the cervix being aggrivated, those cells are reeeeally sensitive now & blood vessels burst very easy, semen probs aggrivates it aswell.. i had an early scan yesterday & all looking good :)

I always seem to have spotting/light bleeds with pregnancies, this one hasn't been an exception. With DS2 I had some each time after sex, so was advised to avoid it for a while if it was worrying me.
I have had it this time due to sex once but all other times from about six weeks there hasn't been any obvious cause, but I do think I have a polyp on my cervix which could easily be the cause. I haven't had it looked at yet but I think that's what it is

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->