Spotting again.. seems like fresher blood than last time

Brightxeyes

Reaction score
Hey ladies
I had spotting at 5-6 weeks, had a scan nothing much to see so had a follow up and all seemed well, saw a flickering heartbeat.
Spotting seemed more brown/pink and a touch red but not much then.

I’m now 9 weeks and I just wiped and it’s fresher blood, it’s redder anyway, seemed a bit watery rather than mixed in with the vaginas natural discharge.. a thicker blob of blood that was darker red.. no pain.
Did have a bowel movement so unsure if that irritated me somehow by straining but don’t feel like I strained enough to have caused spotting?!

I’m going to call midwife in the morning, but do you think they’ll scan me again? Especially if I’ve had spotting before? I remember them saying if it was fresh blood and a lot of it or pain then call the early pregnancy unit again, but I wouldn’t say it’s a lot a lot.. it’s more than last time, but not a lot?

Iduno I just feel horrendous now. I was actually starting to feel quite positive despite the all day nausea getting me down a little bit. But I was managing that okay, just made me feel a bit awful at times.

I just hope nothing is wrong with baby.
I’m worried that the muscle I pulled in my lower belly has hurt baby and all sorts.

Anyone had repeated spotting and had several scans? Or were you turned away and told to wait til 12 weeks? My 12 weeks scan is first week April.

I haven’t been in your position but just wanted to send you some :hugs: and I hope it’s just irritation from your bowel movement. A call to the midwife wouldn’t hurt :hugs:

I had occasional spotting from 6-8 weeks with my first pregnancy but it was mainly brown blood from what I can remember. She is now a healthy 5 year old. I really hope everything is ok and they do re-scan you. If not do they have any private scan clinics in your area you could go to to reassure you?

I had fresh red blood mixed in my mucus at like 7 weeks. They did an echo, heartbeat. But it was a tiny echo machine, so I was scheduled for a bigger echo, I had it at 8 weeks, everything was perfect.

I had once fresh blood mixed with my mucus like 4 days ago, and I haven't seen my doctor since... but she had told me the first time that pink, brown was fine, and as long as it was just as little fresh blood as I had this time, it shouldn't be an issue, as there are a lot of very sensitive, numerous blood vessels now down there and they can pop.

I also had this fresh blood 4 days ago after going to the bathroom after a lot of constipation... so I'm also thinking the forcing might have been enough to pop all the sensitive vessels. I won't see my doctor until the 19th

Hope all will be well :hugs:

I had lots of spotting, several variations of color and amount and they never scanned me until 20 weeks. I didn’t have any pain - and the midwife just told me to go to the ER if I filled more than a pad an hour with blood. Everything turned out fine, I believe I had a sensitive cervix, and I just bled often. Hope all goes well and they can give you some reassurance!

Call EPU again, the most they can say is no but chances are they’ll scan again. Good luck x

I hoe they do scan you to put you at ease, and I really hope everything is okay. Thinking of you x

I haven’t called yet as I haven’t seen anymore yet. Plus I’ve caught my sons cold and the nausea has hit me again so even if I got offered a scan I’d rather not go up feeling so rotten. My sons off nursery too because of his cold so no one to have him.

I got worried as I didn’t feel so nauseous yesterday but it’s hit me today so hopefully a good sign?

Fingers crossed it’s a good sign! I’m around the same dates as you and my nausea is doing the same. There one day gone the next. I’m very nauseous this morning, even vomited, after a few days of feeling fine :hugs:

I’ve had no more obvious spotting since, so I’m going to put it down to being a slight strain when going to the toilet. If it happens again I’ll call. I had discomfort last time where as this time I haven’t.

I just have to stop working myself up! It’s not like anything can be done so early on is there? So I just need to look forward to my 12 week scan, it’s not that far away!

I really am just working myself up this pregnancy but I think the fact I hear more about losses than ever before, it makes you worry! It’s great that women are so open about it, it’s good to talk about it but i duno I guess it makes you realise it’s a lot more common than you originally realised. I had a smooth pregnancy with my son, so I’m just worried that this one just can’t be as smooth! My mom and my partners Mom also had a loss on their second pregnancy etc so I’m just winding myself up constantly over everything! Like hey I feel slightly less sick than yesterday, or oh no the bloatiness has gone down dramatically?! I just need to snap out of it and enjoy the pregnancy and hopefully it’ll go well and baby will be happy and healthy.

It’s a pain isn’t it? Woke up worried I didn’t feel sick because of spotting then it hit me hard! I haven’t thrown up yet thankfully but I end up trying super hard not to heave. Can’t bear sweet things, but I made myself try ginger nut biscuits, and they helped calm it until tea time! Gonna see if they help in the morning!

Ps. I’m rambling sorry! Haha
I don’t really have any girl friends I can talk to about these things so I’m here just over thinking and sometimes I just need to let it out before I implode!

Ramble all you need to! I’ll listen :hugs:

First tri can be a roller coaster of emotions. I had hg with my first two and I’m only suffering ‘normal’ ms this time and it makes me worried that’s something isn’t right. I never worried with my first two because being so sick I guess it just didn’t cross my mind that something could go wrong. Xx

I called today because it happened again after a bowel movement. They said because it’s happening after that then it would suggest only irritation. I’m just worried I’m somehow hurting baby! I know I doubt it.

Said might be worth an internal exam with my GP to see what’s causing it. But likely irritation!
She said if it keeps happening for weeks it may be worth further investigation.

I know how you feel, I'm always anxious in the first trimester it's difficult because it's just a waiting game really isn't it. When is your next scan?

I have almost exactly the same situation.

I started spotting at 5w. I've had pretty much daily spotting since then (almost 11w now) - and had probably 5 ultrasounds? Maybe 6 I can't even remember lol. My spotting/bleeding changes daily from brownish to bright red.

my US in Emergency with my first major bleed showed a subchorionic bleed in the uterus. - although follow up scans are not showing that, so they've ruled that out.

My last appt (well second last as I saw Obyn today) they did an internal exam, she found a cervical enctropion (sp?) in the canal this side of the cervix. Apparently it's common, and it is no harm to the baby, but she believes that is what is causing my bleeds. She said it's likely I could bleed/spot all the way through pregnancy (yay me lol).

It's very anxiety causing to see blood. But I'm slowly learning not to have complete panic attacks over it because it's something that I'm just getting use to seeing.

I just wanted to reassure you - that sometimes bleeding is completely harmless, although it is stress causing - it's more common than we think.

but please ask for a scan, if nothing else, just to reassure you - I am always offered scans, because they know it puts my mind at ease. I have weekly Obyn appts now as I'm classed as high risk, simply cause of the bleeding/my age/IVF pregnancy. And every appt they do a little bedside scan to show me the heartbeat and that puts my mind at ease.

xox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->