Spotting again :(

Holly82

Mummy to 10
Reaction score
Starting to get fed up of this now :(

I went to the Drs today because I'd been having some left side lower abdomen tenderness/achy feeling for the last couple of days ( see my previous post further down 'tenderness'). Anyway he checked my tummy, didn't hurt to his touch and he checked my bp and pulse all normal. He said there was nothing to suggest eptopic (I never had one before).

So rewind to a week ago when I got my BFP. I had some light pink spotting when I wiped and it stopped, then I got a tiny bit of brown spotting the next morning.

This afternoon I've noticed a v small amount of red spotting, which stopped almost as soon as it started and now a few hours later I've got yet more pink spotting :(

I did a tesco test to see how dark my lines are and it seems pretty dark, see pic.

Is it worth another visit to the Drs in the morning??? I just don't understand what's going on:(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 14
Hey.. I've heard it's quite normal to spot, as long as it's not bright red and you aren't having lots of cramps. But, if it were me as I am completely neurotic, I would be asking for my HCG levels to be checked just to make sure everything is rising. Hope it goes ok for you, sending lots of positive thoughts x

Thanks

The dr said he couldn't request a scan as its too early (I'm about 5 weeks now) and said there wasn't much point referring me to the hospital as there was nothing to suggest there could be a problem apart from this tender feeling I've got. But he did say if things change to go back and I think this is what I'm going to have to do.

I would of thought they would do bloods until 6 weeks? Then they might be able to see?

I'm just so sick of not knowing what's going on. I've still got all my pg symptoms, but I've never had spotting like this with any of my pg's xxx

I spotted for a full week with my first...Always pink. I was a bit further along so when I called my doc n she heard how stressed I was she did an ultrasound and at the time everything looked fine. She of course told me that everything could change but for then she told me to try to relax. I really couldn't focus on work so I called out sick on the days I was most distressed and took my temp. I just felt like maybe my temps would drop of I were miscarrying (not sure if that's true...might take a while). In the end, if seeing it doc will help, I say go for it. Ur mental health is just as important. Good luck and hope this ends up passing soon. I totally remember what that feels like!

I've had this exact thing happen to me with this current pregnancy. Mine started out over two weeks ago. Bright red blood, pink and then brown. Stopped as quickly as it started. However I've had spotting almost every day since. On the weekend I had left sided pain and was terrified of an ectopic. I went to the hospital and had a quick u/s and baby is in the right place with a heartbeat. So all is fine. This is my 4th pregnancy and this is not what I've experienced with my other babies. So I was totally freaked out.
A lot of women (1 in 5) have spotting throughout pregnancy for no reason.
If you continue to have pain def go back to your doctor.
Be encouraged spotting doesn't mean bad news.

I spotted brown mucousy this pregnancy too and was put on progesterone for it and it stopped. Mine never did more than lightly stain my panties and never got heavy nor did I experience cramps, it always was light brown. Dr just said it's one of those things. My Dr did however do serial betas and ultrasounds to make sure things were both progressing and in the right place. Although it probably is nothing at all it's important to rule out other more serious causes such as ectopic. Best way to follow your situation at your gestation would be with serial beta hcg blood draws. I would call your Dr back and say you would like to do some bloods. GL!

Thank u all for your positive stories xxxx

Did any of you have any v mild period like cramps? I woke up this morning to some that continued for a couple of hours along with the pink spotting. Got myself in a right state crying, because I'm always in limbo land. I think I could deal with the fact I may be miscarrying if it came to that, but it seems to ease up, then spot again (watery pink/red). I tested after a 45 min hold and still got a strong line. Surely if I am going to miscarry then my symptoms would stop, lines would get fainter and the bleeding would get worse.

I've got another Drs appointment this afternoon, so fingers crossed they will do more x

Good luck and now I'm officially with you. I started spotting with this pregnancy last night too. No cramping and I will b calling my doc. I really hope she will c me.

I am in this same position.... I'm 10 weeks and have been spotting on and off since 7 and a half weeks. It's frustrating and scary at the same time. When I saw my Dr. at 8 weeks she did a sonogram and baby was fine and she did a pelvic exam and everything was fine. I asked then why am I bleeding and she said it's implantation bleeding...well here I am still having this problem. I just keep telling myself your not bleeding heavy or having having cramps and overall I feel pregnant. I hope it's just the placenta implanting.
I hope your little bean is okay...my guess is it's implantation bleeding but if this is causing you alot of stress I would see the Dr to put your worries at ease.

Good luck and now I'm officially with you. I started spotting with this pregnancy last night too. No cramping and I will b calling my doc. I really hope she will c me.

Oh no, it's rubbish this spotting carry on. Hope yours stops v soon xxx

It's good to hear the positive stories, I hope mine is nothing x

I went to my Drs appointment and he's done a urine sample (to confirm pg) and took a blood sample. I won't get the results back until Friday morning, as my dr isn't in tomorrow and the samples will not get sent off until the morning. He said he will call me on Friday.

I'm getting more niggly tummy ache again and my spotting is still there :( so I will have to see how things go between now and Friday. I'm not expecting good news if I'm honest xx

This sounds similar to what I'm going through, I'm nearly 5 weeks, my spotting has been teeny though, just the faintest amount when I wipe and only very light brown but I've had left sided pain and some vaginal pressure type pain too. My doctor didn't take my bloods yesterday when I went but I've been referred for a scan in the next 10 days or so. I hope both our beans stick x

Thank u Hun, hopefully they will xxxxx keeping my fingers crossed for all us spotters xxxx

Hi...I'm going in for a blood test to rule out ectopic today and she said she would send me for an ultrasound if needed tomorrow afternoon. She isn't in the office until Friday...which really really stinks. I was also hoping for an ultrasound. Fingers crossed for all of us that that beans are fine. My sister told me that her friend spotted through both of her pregnancies...omg...I would die of anxiety...

Hi...I'm going in for a blood test to rule out ectopic today and she said she would send me for an ultrasound if needed tomorrow afternoon. She isn't in the office until Friday...which really really stinks. I was also hoping for an ultrasound. Fingers crossed for all of us that that beans are fine. My sister told me that her friend spotted through both of her pregnancies...omg...I would die of anxiety...

Fx for you hun xxxx you hear these stories and it makes u hope it will be ok xxxx

I think my cramping is getting worse :( :cry: the spotting has not changed yet tho.

I'm really p***ed off with dh, I said to him earlier that I'm sure I'm going to miscarry and he said 'you only found out u was pg last week, it can't really be classed as a miscarriage' and he's trying to be sympathetic, but doesn't understand why I can't just forget it for now and just see what happens. I'm so annoyed :growlmad: I'm not getting pg again after this, it's been horrible and so stressful. Dh can do one, I hate him right now! :cry:

So sorry you are going through this Hun :( some spotting can be normal but my Dr always told me to only worry if it turns pink/red and if there's cramping. I've heard however of all kinds of stories and outcomes. If I were you I would just hope for the best. You are still early on so some cramping is to be expected ... I hope all goes well for you xx

Hang in there...I try not to lean on my 50th to say the right thing in these situations. He actually usually freezes and doesn't know what to say or do. Hope u can find some comfort in the rest of us. I spoke to my mom and she told me my only job right now is to hold down the couch. She's a bit old school and has told me to go on bed rest. So I'm gonna try to really take it easy. Hope u can try to also. Btw, try to keep ur fluids up...drink lotsa water and Gatorade or vitamin water. With my first I would cramp when I was dehydrated.
The doctors office said they were going to expedite my results so I should hv them this afternoon. Fxfxfxfxfx. Fyi, I took my temp this morning and was still high.

My spotting has eased a bit again and my cramps have calmed down too.

I had to go out to pick my eldest dd up and nipped into tesco, decided to buy 2 CB digitals as I thought if my hormones are still at a normal level I would get a 2-3 weeks. I did the test after a 45 min hold and got 'pregnant 2-3' I don't think I would get a 3+ until the weekend. I know I'm trying to cling onto the hope it's going to be ok xxxx will ring the Drs tomorrow and see if they will tell me my betas without the dr telling me xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->