Spotting again :(

Hang in there...I try not to lean on my 50th to say the right thing in these situations. He actually usually freezes and doesn't know what to say or do. Hope u can find some comfort in the rest of us. I spoke to my mom and she told me my only job right now is to hold down the couch. She's a bit old school and has told me to go on bed rest. So I'm gonna try to really take it easy. Hope u can try to also. Btw, try to keep ur fluids up...drink lotsa water and Gatorade or vitamin water. With my first I would cramp when I was dehydrated.
The doctors office said they were going to expedite my results so I should hv them this afternoon. Fxfxfxfxfx. Fyi, I took my temp this morning and was still high.

That sounds positive hun xxxx yes I think you're mom is right about resting, I've been resting this evening and I feel 'normal pregnant' now. No more cramps and the spotting had eased up. Maybe I need to take it easier, had to do when u have 6 kids to look after lol xx to be fair dh has been quite caring towards me, just I'm finding it hard to concentrate on anything else right now x fx xxxxx

i completely understand. I was working from home today...on mom's orders, lol. but it was a hectic day at work anyway even though I was home. it was the only reason I had no choice but to concentrate.
my doctor called me back and my beta was 10,000+ and progesterone was 30+ so she is has eliminated ectopic. I am going in for a viability scan tomorrow to hopefully see the nugget and the heartbeat. hopefully between today and tomorrow everything is still okay. at least having this information helps eliminate one of the worries. and I am sure if I see the baby and the heartbeat pumping away (hopefully I can see it), I will be able to feel more positive and excited.

I hope you hear from your doctor soon, and can continue to rest. I can only imagine how difficult that is with all the little ones, but given where we currently are, I think its necessary!

i completely understand. I was working from home today...on mom's orders, lol. but it was a hectic day at work anyway even though I was home. it was the only reason I had no choice but to concentrate.
my doctor called me back and my beta was 10,000+ and progesterone was 30+ so she is has eliminated ectopic. I am going in for a viability scan tomorrow to hopefully see the nugget and the heartbeat. hopefully between today and tomorrow everything is still okay. at least having this information helps eliminate one of the worries. and I am sure if I see the baby and the heartbeat pumping away (hopefully I can see it), I will be able to feel more positive and i

I hope you hear from your doctor soon, and can continue to rest. I can only imagine how difficult that is with all the little ones, but given where we currently are, I think its necessary!

10,000+ gosh that's very good! You will definitely see something on a scan, my dr said they can see something from 1,500-2000. Let me know how u get on with the scan :thumbup:

My spotting has virtually stopped today and there's no cramps still. This is so weird, never experienced anything like this when pg before. I'm going to nip into the Drs later and see if the receptionist with tell me the number :) if not then will have to wait till tomorrow. Not really sure what to expect my number to be? Mid 100's?

Thanks. It's the first time that I had my blood drawn so don't know much about the numbers. I did however have a scan done when I was pregnant with my son at 6 weeks and we saw the yolk and beginning of the nugget. I also still want to go in tomorrow for the next blood draw so I can make sure the numbers are doubling. I really want as much assurance that at least right now the baby is fine so I can stay positive. I am still spotting but it is still very light in color and amount. Today I am going in to work so I am sure I will spot more.
I really hope u can continue to rest so ur cramping and spotting will continue to stay away! Hope u can get ur numbers too. How far along are you?

Thanks. It's the first time that I had my blood drawn so don't know much about the numbers. I did however have a scan done when I was pregnant with my son at 6 weeks and we saw the yolk and beginning of the nugget. I also still want to go in tomorrow for the next blood draw so I can make sure the numbers are doubling. I really want as much assurance that at least right now the baby is fine so I can stay positive. I am still spotting but it is still very light in color and amount. Today I am going in to work so I am sure I will spot more.
I really hope u can continue to rest so ur cramping and spotting will continue to stay away! Hope u can get ur numbers too. How far along are you?

Thank you, your blood result sounds great to me, how far are you? I'm roughly 5 weeks now. I'm still spotting too, but it's not very much.

I had a 6 week scan with my ds a few years back and you could see his little heart beat, dh named him 'bean' afterwards as that's what he looked like :) I'm going to go round to the Drs reception soon, hopefully they will tell me the number xxx fx xxx

Blood results are not back yet. Oh well I'll wait for the dr to call in the morning now xxx

Blood results are not back yet. Oh well I'll wait for the dr to call in the morning now xxx
Sorry you couldn't get your results. Its really hard at this point to wait and be patient.

So I have had a bit more spotting today but was able to see the baby. Going strong and with a heartbeat. Measuring exactly what the baby should at 6 weeks and 4 days.

Sorry you couldn't get your results. Its really hard at this point to wait and be patient.

So I have had a bit more spotting today but was able to see the baby. Going strong and with a heartbeat. Measuring exactly what the baby should at 6 weeks and 4 days.

Yay! That's great!! Did they say why they thought you are spotting??

Believe it or not, the doc said that 1st trimester bleeding can be common up until the 10 week mark.:sad1: it could be implantation (yes, that late because the baby is burrowing further into the lining), it could be a cyst that is draining...they checked my ovaries and found it on my right ovary. So it's likely I released from that side. And obviously it could be the beginning of a miscarriage. But hopefully that won't be the case for either of us.
Hope u get ur results tomorrow. I'm waiting to hear if I need to go in for blood work again tomorrow.

Hi ladies,
I just want to encourage each of you. I'm now 7w5d with baby #4, and this pregnancy I have been spotting from 4w3d. Bright red, pink & brown.
The spotting finally stopped on Monday. But that was almost 3 weeks straight of everyday spotting. I saw baby on a quick u/s on Sunday with a heartbeat. I have another u/s scheduled for Saturday. So hang in there. I assumed the worst when I started spotting. I had never experienced this with my other pregnancies. But it's SO true that each pregnancy is different.
Hope you both can be encouraged by this.

Hi ladies,
I just want to encourage each of you. I'm now 7w5d with baby #4, and this pregnancy I have been spotting from 4w3d. Bright red, pink & brown.
The spotting finally stopped on Monday. But that was almost 3 weeks straight of everyday spotting. I saw baby on a quick u/s on Sunday with a heartbeat. I have another u/s scheduled for Saturday. So hang in there. I assumed the worst when I started spotting. I had never experienced this with my other pregnancies. But it's SO true that each pregnancy is different.

Thanks - it definitely helps to hear positive results!

Believe it or not, the doc said that 1st trimester bleeding can be common up until the 10 week mark.:sad1: it could be implantation (yes, that late because the baby is burrowing further into the lining), it could be a cyst that is draining...they checked my ovaries and found it on my right ovary. So it's likely I released from that side. And obviously it could be the beginning of a miscarriage. But hopefully that won't be the case for either of us.
Hope u get ur results tomorrow. I'm waiting to hear if I need to go in for blood work again tomorrow.

I guess it makes sense what they said then. The cysts are normal in early pg, as I have seen them on my previous scans, they maintain the pg until 12 weeks as far as I'm aware. Yours sounds very promising hun xxx least you know you little bubs is doing ok xxxx

I'm nervous about getting my results tomorrow. I feel confident that they should be normal but worried in case they are not :( fx xxxxxxxx

Hi ladies,

Thank u hun, really hoping my situation turns out like yours xxx are they keeping regular checks on you? Bloods/scans? I hate this spotting it's turned me into a nervous wreck xxxx

Just got my call from the dr, he says my hcg is 399 and is in the normal range for 4-5 weeks. He said he wasn't concerned that there could be a problem, so is referring me to the midwives. I told him that my tummy ache had gone, but the spotting was still there, although very slight. So he has agreed to repeat my bloods on Monday, just so we can compare. :thumbup:

Feeling reassured now x I'm going to do my last digi on Sunday morning and hopefully I should get my 3+ xxx

Just got my call from the dr, he says my hcg is 399 and is in the normal range for 4-5 weeks. He said he wasn't concerned that there could be a problem, so is referring me to the midwives. I told him that my tummy ache had gone, but the spotting was still there, although very slight. So he has agreed to repeat my bloods on Monday, just so we can compare. :thumbup:

Feeling reassured now x I'm going to do my last digi on Sunday morning and hopefully I should get my 3+ xxx

Great news with ur results! Glad u got them a little earlier. Good luck with the test! My doc recommended we wait it out and hv faith at this point, so no more bloods. I am going to try to stay positive and keep reminding myself of the beating heart. Overnight I didn't spot thankfully but what did wake me was nausea! So weird...it was pretty bad, I couldn't sleep. I hope that's it for the spotting and I can leave for the trip and not spot anymore. Hopefully it's stops soon too!

Yay! Hopefully onwards and upwards now for us all. I'm still waiting to hear about my scan, I'm 5 weeks today. Had a teeny spot again yesterday but it's more the pain that is the issue, it just seems relentless :( xxx

So my doctor told me that it's completely normal to spot around the time when you would have gotten your period, even in the second and third month of pregnancy, so that may be all it is. If you're worried though, definitely call your doctor. That's what they're there for, you know? Good luck!!

Great news with ur results! Glad u got them a little earlier. Good luck with the test! My doc recommended we wait it out and hv faith at this point, so no more bloods. I am going to try to stay positive and keep reminding myself of the beating heart. Overnight I didn't spot thankfully but what did wake me was nausea! So weird...it was pretty bad, I couldn't sleep. I hope that's it for the spotting and I can leave for the trip and not spot anymore. Hopefully it's stops soon too!

That's a good sign with the nausea! I noticed my dh deodorant smelt horrible this morning and that's usually one of the first things to bother me (plus I've got a cold lol). My spotting appears to of stopped again, which is great, but it wouldn't surprise me if it starts again :( dh says no bd for a while, which he's right about but :( lol xxxx

Yay! Hopefully onwards and upwards now for us all. I'm still waiting to hear about my scan, I'm 5 weeks today. Had a teeny spot again yesterday but it's more the pain that is the issue, it just seems relentless :( xxx

Fx xxxx

How bad has your pains been? Mine felt like niggly period type pains. I think I'm 5 weeks today too, just don't know for sure x are they planning on scanning you at 6 weeks?

It's rubbish all this xxx

So my doctor told me that it's completely normal to spot around the time when you would have gotten your period, even in the second and third month of pregnancy, so that may be all it is. If you're worried though, definitely call your doctor. That's what they're there for, you know? Good luck!!

Thanks hun xxx

I've heard before it can be normal, but when it's never happened when I've been pg before, all you can think is bad news :( mine has stopped now and my dr says my hcg level is normal. I'm keeping my fx it doesn't happen again xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"