Spotting before Period every month, anyone else??

rbpark

Reaction score
hi everyone,
For the last three cycles I have had about 5 days of spotting before my full period starts. I am on my 8th month of TTC and losing hope. I have started spotting again this cycle and I'm wondering if anyone else is in the same situation, and for any other spotters who have conceived already, the month you conceived did you spot as well?

Thanks and babydust to everyone!

For the last 6 months I spot the full week before AF. This month nothing and AF is a week late. But yes I hated spotting... Was lie having a two week period. Bleeeh

I have been having the same thing. Sorry im not much help. Hopefully someone can give us some answers!! good luck!!!

I have this same problem, doctor run tests as I've been having problems but said the spotting was normal and nothing to worry about and it happens to loads of people .... clearly true as there is a few of us about haha x

in my first year of TTC (Also my first year off implanon - dont know if that has anything to do with it) I had about 5 cycles where i spotted for about 3/4 days before AF. no clue what it was, and since then i havent had it at all!
my cycles seemed to reverse kinda. before that, and now. i have heavy on days 1 and 2, light on day 3 and 4 and then spotting on 5 and 6. but for those few cycles i had 3 days of spotting, then light on 4 and 5, heavy on 6 and 7 and then nothing!

sorry i cant help much! but it didnt last long for me :)

Hi, just jumping in here. I've never had this but I know others who have. Have you had your progesterone checked? Sometimes if it dips too early in the luteal phase you get spotting. If you're trying to conceive some doctors prescribe a progesterone suppository to take day 21 onwards

Thanks ladies, I'm worried about taking a trip to the doctors as I'm overweight! Stiletto mum Sounds like you might get a big fat positive this month so good luck x

I hope so! I'm kind of in limbo right now and it's so frustrating. At least if I started my typical spotting I could have some closure and get on with it!!

I've had spotting all throughout my cycle for a couple of years now, every month is different, sometimes I spot the entire luteal phase, sometimes just a few days before AF, then after AF I spot for a few more days, it sucks! Then some months no spotting at all. Mine may be from hormones or it may be bleeding from my cervix which my obgyn said was "friable" meaning sensitive, and it bleeds easily. But spotting can be caused by low progesterone/too much estrogen. I also think not enough healthy fat in your diet can contribute to it, since you need fats to produce hormones. Stress is also a factor. My ND believes it is a symptom of weakness in the liver, which processes your hormones, so she had me on a liver support herbal medicinal tea for a few months which did help sometimes. It can also be caused by cysts, polyps, fibroids, or endometriosis.

I don't think many MD's know much about spotting, and I personally do not believe it is "normal" as they always wave it off as, I think it's a minor symptom but not something to completely ignore. I wouldn't worry about it but if you want to, research what naturopathic medicine and Traditional Chinese Medicine have to say about it. Also a simple progesterone level test can help at least rule out that problem, which would be the most problematic for conceiving. You could also go for an ultrasound to rule out growths. Hope that helps. :)

I have spotting everyday like clockwork from ovulation to when my next period begins. It's happened for half a year now. My doctor checked my progesterone level which was "good" (42)... I had convince myself through research that it was this. Question is if its not progesterone what else could it be. I also have terrible lower right pain (where my ovary is) every time I ovulate for quite a few days. Does anyone else have the pain along with spotting?
Doctor is sending me for an U/S...
I just hope it's nothing that can affect getting pregnant. I've already has adhesions removed from my womb and tube before. :-(

Good luck to all x

I never had spotting as long as you ladies have had but I do have spotting a day or two before my period starts every single cycle. I never had spotting before my :bfp: with any of my previous pregnancies except for my last one. It wasn't spotting though, it was more of a brownish discharge and only when I wiped for some reason.

Hi,
I have had spotting from ovulation to af every month for the last two years. It started being a few days before af but then got worse until it was for the full two weeks until af. I have had every test done, operations to check for cysts etc. my progesterone after ovulation is very good and my estrogen in normal range. Amh levels 7, so on the low side. After seeing many experts, I am very confident that it is what is called weak ovulation, which is caused by hormonal imbalance. This means the corpus luteum breaks down too early prior to af and causes the spotting. It is also indicative of poor egg quality. Implantation is also affected by the hormonal imbalance. I am going to do ivf as it can control the hormonal balance throughout the

Cont
Follicular phase, as that will determine the quality of the luteal phase. I will take multi vitamins and coq10 but not dhea, as that can worsen hormonal imbalance, which can create development problems with eggs if dhea levels are already in normal range. Doctors were dismissive about the spotting but when it starts from ovulation to af, there really is a problem that will cause infertility. The less spotting the better chance of conception and implantation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->