Spotting/bleeding @ 6+6 weeks - help!

jaykay96

Reaction score
I'm currently 6 weeks and 6 days pregnant with my first!

For the last 2 weeks I've been getting some occassional spotting/bleeding. No cramps and the bleeding is very light and pink in colour. My doctor said that as long as I don't have any cramps or I'm not passing any clots than I should be fine. I had my first ultrasound yesterday and saw my sticky beans heart beating away at 142bpm (I'm assuming that's normal?) the report says that everything looks fine, I don't have any bleeds and my cervix is closed and the baby is in the right spot. So what could be causing the bleeding? I'm petrified :(

If anyone else has experienced a similar thing with success stories that would be really reassuring to read!

TIA X

I'm interested as well because I am 5 weeks and I have been experiencing spotting as well. It's all been brown or dark brown but it's there when I wipe so I've been freaking out. I am scheduled for an ultrasound on Thursday and I am extremely nervous!

I'm hoping it is normal and part of my uterus stretching or something. I'm just freaking out because I had a MC in June. Fingers crossed for both of us!

I had a sensitive cervix through the pregnancy. Dr said could've been a little blood vessel on my cervix that kept popping too. I had spotting randomly until I was over 30 weeks.

I had a sensitive cervix through the pregnancy. Dr said could've been a little blood vessel on my cervix that kept popping too. I had spotting randomly until I was over 30 weeks.

Mrs. MB - that is very true! When I was pregnant the first time, I also bled around 5-6 weeks. I went into the doctor and they did an exam and they told me that I had a sore on my cervix that kept opening up and getting irritated. They told me it was nothing to be concerned about and that it was very common. I ended up having a MC but I don't think it had anything to do with that.

Kay - I'm so sorry you had a loss with your pregnancy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->