Spotting/Bleeding? I'm not sure I belong here, but...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Megg33k, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Megg33k

Megg33k Going with the flow!

I have a question! Someone in TTC said that anyone with odd bleeding and a faint positive should drop by First Tri and see about all the pg women who have had/still have bleeding. I'm curious as to what is going on with me, and I need input from women who maybe have had this happen.

I honestly don't know how many DPO I am. I had a faint + a few days ago, but it was definitely not checked until after the time limit... I know that I shouldn't have looked, but I had some gut feeling that I needed to check it even though it was WAY too late. I believe in following your instincts. Anyway, I haven't re-tested because I'm a big chicken and can't bring myself to do it!

On to the question... sorry! I spotted at O, which my gyno said was "to be expected" since I was taking Clomid (1st cycle, 50mg, CD3-7). I had 2 different days of suspected O, gyno said that was totally possible even though they were 4 days apart... once from each ovary. I spotted with both suspected O's. Since O, I've been spotting or bleeding lightly (depends on the day) off and on. It's happening most days, but some days there's not much to write home about. I definitely haven't had AF-type flow yet. My last real cycle started on July 20. I am going out of my mind! I haven't filled a single pad on any given day, and my AF is usually pretty unpleasant for the first day or two... not terrible but heavy-ish... always have to change pads at least 2-3 times, bad days are more like every 20 mins. So, not filling a single pad on any day so far means that I'm already confused. The blood can be anywhere from brown to pink to bright red to dark red... there have been some very small clots but only kind of... I'm used to a decent bit of clotting (sorry, TMI)! I don't usually have AF cramps, but have from time to time in my life. I am definitely a little crampy and have been for weeks... but not AF cramps. My bb's were super tender with painfully sore nips for a couple of weeks, but have mostly gone back to feeling normal except for odd shooting pains through them every now and again.

The kicker is that my ob/gyn decided that 1 negative urine HPT was enough to decide that I must not be pregnant... and 1 month of actively TTC was enough to chalk me up as a lost cause and refer me to a fertility clinic. Now, I'm ok with the help early on... but she has ordered me to take 1 month of birth control so that I don't have to wait any longer once I meet with the clinic on Sept 23 because they insist on a month of birth control. She told me that the pills would stop the spotting. I've been on them for 4 days, and they haven't done a damn thing to stop the spotting.

So, girls... all you lovely ladies who are with child... Can you shed some light on this? I'm planning to re-test on Friday with FMU, when I can't possibly get a confusing answer anymore I hope! *sighs* Anything? :(

BTW, Congrats to each of you on your :bfp:!

2. Jadey-x

Jadey-x Well-Known Member

I'm not very clued up about any of the stuff mentioned, but all i can say is good luck for you next test hope everything goes ok! dont lose hope, there's obviously something different as your not having your usual cycle right? Wishing you the best of hope for Friday!! fingers crossed, and don't panic, you need to know for sure whats happening xxx

3. twinklestar

twinklestar 2 boys nd 2 girls

test again you big chicken lol, all your symptoms sound like my early ones , ive had 3 lots of bleeding and 3 scans im deffo still preggo

good luck hunny, fingers crossed for you!!!!!!!!!!!:hugs:

4. BABYCAREY

BABYCAREY mummy to a angel

I JUST WANTED TO WISH YOU GOOD LUCK,IT HAPPENED ME LAST YEAR AND NOW I HAVE A HEALTHY BOY!!8MONTHS OLD!!
    KEEP POSITIVE :hugs::kiss:

5. WhosThatGirl

WhosThatGirl Mommy of 4 amazing kids!

I personally think at this point the best thing to do is take another HPT as scarey as it is. You would not want to start the bcp and have been pregnant the whole time. Good Luck!

6. Mahogany

Mahogany Well-Known Member

Test again...it will help you determine what is really going on. Don't let the opportunity pass you by because you may always wonder in the future.

7. Megg33k

Megg33k Going with the flow!

I'm pretty sure I'd rather think it was a bum test than catch another chemical. :( I would really like to be in that clueless group of women who never know when they have a chemical. Ignorance is bliss! :)

8. AlwaysPraying

AlwaysPraying Mom of two!

Ignorance is bliss, but it can be dangerous! ;) You shouldn't be on the pill if your pg, so you should test for that. Stay strong in case of chemical, but you'll get through, no matter what.

I had a big spot of bright red blood on day 18 of my cycle, maybe implanting I don't know. Then I had another big spot of brown blood on day 28, thinking this was my 1st day of my period I didn't think much, but then it stopped, and I was pg. (to answer your question)

The other thing about spotting during a pill pack, that's an indication of the pill not being strong enough / having enough hormone in it. You'll need something stronger.

I hope everything works out great for you!