Spotting/bleeding

springmommy

Reaction score
So I'm 8 weeks 6 days today. Everything has been going great with baby #2!! Although, 2 days ago abput 6pm I went to us3 the restroom on my break at work and had a bit of clear cm and purplish red blood with. Of course freaked out I left work and went straight to the ER being I am RH Negative and need for sure a rhogam shot.
Once at the ER it was more so brown blood (indicating old blood)... although about an hpour later it was back to get again, this time brighter. They ran blood work $ hcg still high- 39000...and did a quick in the room ultrasound where we could see babies heart beat and gave me the rhogam shot.
I did follow up with my OB the following day and since ER did everything they would have we aren't moving up my 1st appointment any sooner and keeping it for next Friday the 2nd although they did schedule for a full ultrasound to be done right before my appointment (requested for my peace of mind)
Now rewind 5 years.. this exact same scenario happened to me in 2013 @ 8 weeks although I only had spotting to an hour and it went away. I lost that baby at 13 weeks :( I know there is nothing we can do to prevent miscarriage I have been resting a ton, took yesterday off and still sent my daughter to the babysitter but I'm still spotting... not a lot or enough for need of a pad just when I use the restroom and it's no longer red.
I have not had any Nassau and my stomach is still hard and I have no cramping or pains...am I stressing myself out for nothing???

Hi hun, sometimes you can lose a bit of your mucous plug, which looks like you are describing, but that isn't an indication that anything is wrong as it replenishes itself over the pregnancy.

bleeding can also be normal and has many causes. if it gets heavier I'd definitely go in again.

Can you ask to have another HCG done to make sure its is still rising, for some reassurance? A week isn't too long, but I totally understand how your past experience is making you worry more.

Try to focus on all of the good stuff- your HCG is a great level, you saw baby's heart, you got your rhogam shot, and you are taking it easy, so you've done everything you can right now.

:hugs: I hope the week flies by for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->