Spotting in middle of cycle 4 days before ovulation

Hann12

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced this? This is my 3rd cycle after stopping breastfeeding (one year). Last month on day 16 I spotted for one day then ovulated (according to opks) on day 20 (positive CD 19 and 20). My LP has been 8 days for the last 2 cycles too so assume I have low progesterone and that my body is trying to normalise after BF for so long. Some one told me that Agnus Castus can help so this month I've been taking it every day (plan to take it up until ovulation). However CD 15, 16 and now 17 I'm spotting. I haven't had a positive opk yet so I doubt its ovulation bleeding. What could it be? Its spotting as opposed to bleeding because I'm also getting EWCM. I read that both low and high oestrogen can cause spotting so guessing it could be one of those but have no clue as to which. Should I stop taking the agnus castus? Not sure whats going on!! Thanks for reading :)

I had it last cycle confused me too but this cycle was normal. Only problem this cycle was later ovulation i normally ovulate cd15/16 this cycle was cd21 i am starting agnis castus next cycle hoping to balance hormones & regulate things.

If you get it next cycle as well I'd get it checked out with your dr. I get spotting pretty much the whole time from O to AF, went to dr and was diagnosed with a cervical erosion which is harmless if annoying.

Thanks for your replies! I am due to get 21 day bloods taken this month so I'll find out if I'm ovulating, I def getting positive opks but as my LP is only 8 days I'm assuming something's not right so whether it's low progesterone because I'm not ovulating at all or whether it's a poor quality egg being released I'm not sure. I think I'll def say to the GP though when I get my test results. It's odd though as it happened when I took soy when I was ttc for my second baby, but this month I've only taken agnus castus which I thought regulated hormones so not sure if it has caused the spotting

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->