Spotting mid cycle - low progesterone?

c beary 83

Reaction score
Well this cycle I have had spotting on 1dpo, 4dpo, and 8dpo.

I only have a 12 day leutal phase and always spot at least two days before AF (11 & 12dpo) so I expect the spotting to start again tomorrow.

So I am thinking I may have low progesterone.

I am planning to go to the doctors to see if there are any tests they can do to find out and if it is low progesterone, what they can do to help.

I would be interested to know if anyone else has experienced this and what they have done to improve it.

Thanks very much for reading

If they can confirm a hormonal imbalance with test they can prescribe various fertility drugs each cycle to help to conceive. I had low progesterone and was set to try a combination of fertility drugs but wanted to try to get healthy overall and solve the root of the issue on my own before going down that path. I was suffering from a string of ailments that I contribute to hormonal imbalance and so went on a quest to find a long term solution to my issues and not just a cycle by cycle fertility solution. I was lucky that herbal supplements and over the counter products solved my issues and after several years ttc and many losses we finally welcomed our first baby on July 3rd :baby:

It's very frustrating and definitely made me feel "broken" and so little is known/done to help women with hormonal imbalances. It seems the solution every doctor has is birth control and then when ttc use of fertility drugs that can have side effects. I would have taken whatever I needed if I hadn't found what worked for me on my own for the record but am glad I was able to find a long term natural solution. I am starting my vitex again and am hoping to jump back on the ttc train by the end of the year for #2. It was helping me lose weight and my cycles were very regular when on it before being pregnant.

Get your levels tested and go from there. It sounds like you can get pregnant but need some help keeping your sticky bean :-( I hope you get it all sorted out soon hun. :hugs:

If they can confirm a hormonal imbalance with test they can prescribe various fertility drugs each cycle to help to conceive. I had low progesterone and was set to try a combination of fertility drugs but wanted to try to get healthy overall and solve the root of the issue on my own before going down that path. I was suffering from a string of ailments that I contribute to hormonal imbalance and so went on a quest to find a long term solution to my issues and not just a cycle by cycle fertility solution. I was lucky that herbal supplements and over the counter products solved my issues and after several years ttc and many losses we finally welcomed our first baby on July 3rd :baby:

It's very frustrating and definitely made me feel "broken" and so little is known/done to help women with hormonal imbalances. It seems the solution every doctor has is birth control and then when ttc use of fertility drugs that can have side effects. I would have taken whatever I needed if I hadn't found what worked for me on my own for the record but am glad I was able to find a long term natural solution. I am starting my vitex again and am hoping to jump back on the ttc train by the end of the year for #2. It was helping me lose weight and my cycles were very regular when on it before being pregnant.

Get your levels tested and go from there. It sounds like you can get pregnant but need some help keeping your sticky bean :-( I hope you get it all sorted out soon hun. :hugs:

Hi Pandi! Thank you so much for your reply - I think you replied to my other post a couple of months ago on pre AF spotting.

Do you know what tests the doctors do? Is it blood tests on certain days to check progesterone levels?

I would prefer to go down a natural route if possible. How did you fing out about vitex? And how often do you use it? I have also heard about progesterone cream and taking B6 vitamins - have you tried these?

Sorry for all the questions.

More importantly - Congratulations on becoming a mum! Hope it is all going well for you x

Yay Pandi! Congrats on welcoming that beautiful baby into the world. My best friend had her girl on July 3rd as well! Should get to meet her today. :)

Sorry to high jack the thread, just glad to see Pandi back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->