Spotting mid cycle?? (Sorry if TMI)

Louby1986

Gorgeous DD. TTC #2 :)
Reaction score
Hi girls, just looking for someone to shed some light really!

I came off the combined pill in November. Since then I've had two natural periods. I didn't chart my cycle before, but this month I have done as I felt my last period was really late. So I set the chart to 28 days. It told me what day I should ovulate and when I was fertile.

The day after my suspected ovulation date (9th feb) I noticed a very light pink tinge on the paper when I wiped. Looked on Google and read about ovulation spotting so assumed it was this. Me and h2b got to business!

The day later I noticed brown discharge in my knickers, and today (the third day) I have had quite wet brown discharge with slightly darker patches of stringy dark brown blood. It looks like the beginning of a period but it's gone on for three days and no sign of any red blood.
I've looked online and it says ovulation bleeding usually lasts 1-2 days?

I don't know what this is and I'm a bit worried :(
Any advice or help will be appreciated! Thank you xxxxx

Not sure what to tell you! Ovulation bleeding is typically just an hour or two of tinged or streaked CM. It can sometimes last longer, but that's uncommon, and generally not more than a day or two. Brown and red can both be seen during that time, based on what I've read.

Well, on my cycle where I was pregnant, I had spotting right after I ovulated and it lasted all through the preg until I had AF again (My preg was ectopic) so it certainly does happen.

Brown is always indicative of old blood, so its possible that you bleed a bit when you ovulated and it's clearing your system now :)

Thanks girls for your replies.
I really don't know what to think. I hope everything's ok with my cycles... Today I have had no spotting at all xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->