Spotting pink and a little achy

laura109

Reaction score
Looks like im out now. Pink cm cramping and nausea has gone. Feel like af is coming. Drs cant do tests because of the bank holiday.

Gutted ive known for two weeks today and spent £60 on tests prenatal vits and morning sickness stuff.

Heartbroken

I hope your ok hun, can you see any doctor? Xx

Ive got blood tests booked in for Tuesday and thursday and apparently the early pregnancy unit will contact me for an early scan but that would have to be in 10 days as i have to be around 7 weeks for that :-(

Rest and try not to worry too much and keep the midwives updated. There should be no reason they can't offer you a scan before 7 weeks, but you honestly won't see much or be able to tell a whole lot. If you feel you need to, go private. I did with my 2nd pregnancy (which did end in a loss but that wasn't why I had the scan, we only discovered the mmc at the scan). It was well worth the few extra quid. There isn't really much you can see at that point and you would need to have repeat scans anyway as they need to be able to document change in how baby is developing, so there is good reason to wait as well. But if you know your dates, you should be able to learn something from a private scan if that's something you would consider doing.

That said, bleeding and spotting can be totally normal in early pregnancy, especially because you are so early on, and it doesn't necessarily mean anything. I was a little bit further on than you, but with my first, I had an episode of gushing heavy bleeding, like literally, it was pouring out and running down my legs. I was seen the next day for a scan and they could give absolutely no explanation for it. I never had anything like that again and that baby is now 4 and getting ready to start school. My nausea also went away with her when I was around 5 ish weeks. It came back much worse a few weeks later. With my actual miscarriage I had hardly any spotting at all (it was a missed miscarriage that technically happened at 5 weeks, but I waited until 11 weeks for things to happen naturally on their own). I did have a few instances of spotting maybe around 9 weeks, but that was it. So spotting and bleeding doesn't necessarily mean anything and I would try to stay hopeful and positive unless you have a reason not to. The bleeding I had was really scary, but I tried to rest and just keep my mind on my appointment that was coming up and that helped a lot (and obviously all was fine).

Bless you and thank you for your kind post. That sounds terrifying what happened to you. They said they cant detect a hb till 7 weeks. It is barely there again now so will see how things go over the weekend. Thanks. How much is a private scan and do they do it internally or in your tummy. I dont like the idea of a vaginal scan.

Thanks again for your help x

Hey Mama I just wanted to share my experience. I had spotting with both of my pregnancies. It was on and off brown and pink until at least 8 to 10 weeks pregnant. It also felt like AF was coming at any time. I now have two healthy beautiful girls.

Just to say that i had brown spotting this week, my symptoms have also been very minimal and the ones i have had have come and gone leaving me some days feeling totally not pregnant. But i had a scan at 7+4 and little bean with heartbeat and all is fine. So don't lose hope yet. How far along are you? If still early could be an implantation bleed. Or could you have done something to irritate your cervix?

I really hope the Epu can see you earlier. Don't lose hope just yet. There are a lot of positive stories out there hun do you have any pain, xx

Thanks ladies. Im 5 weeks and 3 days but found out at 3 weeks as i have short cycles. Im quite teary tonight but spotting has stopped rather than turned into a flow. Totally confused and not sure how to feel. Im currently presuming the worst but i will see. Early scans are vaginal arnt they? Im abit put of by that x

That are vaginal, I've had a lot over the years and honestly they are not that bad for me, it may put your mind at ease and could be worth it. Xx

Hi ladies my cm is clear today. Im absolutely confused and dont know what to think. My nausea seems to be still gone too which is out of character from my history of being pregnant. Really want to get next week out the way xx

My first pregnancy was absolutely textbook. I got all the symptoms, when the books said I would, and didn't have ANY problems. Water broke, I had the baby, that was that. The rest of my pregnancies, though... NOT the same at all. I had spotting with ALL of them. Pink with numbers 2 and 3, pink, red and brown with #4, pink and red with #5 (current pregnancy). The aches and pains, cramping, stretching, all of it has been worse with every subsequent pregnancy.

Most of the time, my spotting would be within a day of me pushing (even a little) to poop or having sex. Knowing what causes it (cervix being irritated, which doesn't harm the pregnancy) and when to expect it (after straining in the area or brushing up against it) made me feel a lot better. So, is there any chance you'd pooped or had sex before the spotting began? I hope everything is just fine. Spotting is so very common.

Hiya yes i had been to the loo when it happened. I wasn't straining and it lasted a good 5 hours.

Thank you for your reassuring post. I was convinced it was over yesterday but you are giving me hope. How long did your spotting last please? Was it one wipe a time or a few hours? Xx

The fact that the spotting has stopped is a good sign. Generally with a miscarriage spotting leads to full blown bleeding with clots and cramps. When i was spotting earlier this week it was just for a morning. I was also convinced it was all over though. And my symptoms have been very hit and miss so couldn't even rely on them to give me reassurance. I would suggest holding out till about 7 weeks then going for a private reassurance scan then you should be in with a good chance of seeing a heartbeat - and earlier and you run the risk of not seeing a heartbeat even though it may just be too early. If you get any more spotting alongside pain then contact midwife/early preg unit and you will most likely be referred for an early scan on nhs. Fingers crossed for you and its not over yet! xx

The fact that your spotting has stopped is a good sign and some women do have unexplained bleeding throughout the pregnancy. It's possible it's just implantation bleeding coming out a little late. Try to take it easy until you can get checked. Internal scans aren't as bad as you think. When I had mine, they gave me some paper to cover myself with, then the ultrasound tech had me take the probe and guide it in myself so there was very little contact, and the probe doesn't hurt (and this is from someone who finds even the smallest speculum painful). They then just move it around and prod you a little while they check everything they need to. Be prepared that some women can get a bit of cramping after an internal ultrasound... absolutely nothing to worry about but it's best to know to expect it so you don't worry!! Lasted about 24 hours for me. Good luck, I hope you get some good news soon :hugs:

Unfortunately the spotting cane back this morning. Its clear again but I've got what feels like mild period heaviness. Not really a pain but like my body is preparing to bleed. I thought by now a miscarriage would of kicked in properly. I really do not feel pregnant at all.

Hiya yes i had been to the loo when it happened. I wasn't straining and it lasted a good 5 hours.

Thank you for your reassuring post. I was convinced it was over yesterday but you are giving me hope. How long did your spotting last please? Was it one wipe a time or a few hours? Xx

This varies. If I haven't strained to use the bathroom, I still get a few hours to a day of spotting. If I have strained, I can spot for days after. It seems that as soon as the spotting stops, I finally go again, and then the spotting starts over all over again. I really hope everything's all right. I also get that period pain you describe, throughout all of my first trimesters. I know how worrying this is. Hang in there. :hugs:

Thank you hun nothing so far today. Oh thinks i am ok but im prepared to loose the baby. I do feel abit menstrually today but as i said no spotting. Thanks for your encouragement unfortunately my family havnt even asked how things are going. I would be lost without this board.

I guess in a miscarriage the flow would come pretty fast at 5-6 weeks. The fact it goes back to clear cm is making me think theres a smudge of hope. I just hate how lethargic i feel. I am hoping that could be a good sign. Oh even
Has suggested im having a boy and thats why ive had no sickness as such other than waves. With dd i felt nauseous allday from 5 weeks and couldn't find drinks or foods that partically tasted nice.

Just wanted to say I've had a few episodes of spotting/ light bleeding over the past two weeks and scan on Friday showed an 8 week bean with a Hb and no reason for the bleeding. I've never bled before in pregnancy so I really thought that was it but so far it's hanging in there. X

Thank you that is so good to know. I bet you was so worried and scared. Its truly and awful feeling. Its made me think that if this goes wrong i may not want to try again, I desperately want a sibling for my dd. i hate the idea of her being lonley but she has just turned 2 and is full on. Im feeling emotional that i have spent a bank holiday feeling so down and not being a fun mummy to dd. id of usually taken her out and ive even been avoiding her playgroup the last two weeks as i honestly cant face it. I dunno why i am feeling so negative. I guess its because i feel like i dont know my future at this point. Its really hard. Thanks for your reassuring words again and i am so pleased your baby is thriving you must be made up xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->