Spotting reassurance needed!!

lozzie27

Reaction score
Hi ladies now I know that spotting in early pregnancy is totally normal as long as it is not bright red but just need some reassurance!! I am seven weeks pregnant today and I woke up this morning and had discoloured discharge with almost a pink brown tinge to it, I panicked and because I am lucky enough to know the midwife at the epu (I work in a hospital) she scanned my belly (didn’t need a vaganial one) and there was baby and heart beat, she said everything looked fine she couldn’t tell me the heart rate of the baby all she could tell me was that heart was beating and all looked ok and as far as she was concerned I was still very much pregnant, bleeding hasn’t got worse and is only there when I use the toilet, I do however have a aching lower back and this is something I am worrying about although I did spend last night decorating so I could well have overdone things!

i spotted on and off my whole 1st trimester with my son and he is a very healthy 18 month old now.

You could just have overdone it, so dont do that again lol!

seeing a heartbeat is brilliant, so hopfully all will be well. if pain does get worse or bleeding heavier than go back.

thankyou I know seeing a heart beat is very positive and i prob have overdone it as have had a very busy weekend!!! Thanku for your positive vibes!

im sure you will be fine, its scary though i know, i lost a baby in Jan so this pregnancy has been terifying, esp as this is twins. but take each day as it comes, i cant beleive im 13 weeks already. Just keep yourself busy (maybe not physically) and hopfully before you know it you will be in second trimester comforting others in the same boat as you are now. xxx

thankyou!!! sorry for your loss I had a chemiccal in feb so nervous this time round but will try relax! Twins how exciting!! I have identical twin nieces who are five now they are gorgeous!!!!!

also dont know if this is relevent but the discoulartion only appers when I push for a bm not when i wipe after just a wee (sorry tmi!!!)

I had a full on bleed, which got on bed sheets and went through all clothes, at 9 wks. After a second full on bleed at 10 wks I was diagnosed with a subchorinoic hemmorhage, and put on one weeks bed rest. I also went to the doctors once a week until my 20 wk scan showed that the SCH was gone. Jaxon was born on November 20th, 2010 and is prefectly healthy.

I have read (in my many, many pregnancy books) that pushing to make a BM can irritate the cervix, causing it to bleed, since it is VERY sensitive during the first trimester. You got a scan and saw a heartbeat, so definitely try to stay positive!

ah thankyou for that i had never read that before but I was talking to lady at work and said I wonder if it is because I pushed and it irratated the cervix!!!! feeling loads more positive now!! Thankyou

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->