Spotting twice in one cycle?

KrissyB

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
I usually have 26 day cycles, but never temped or used OPKs before to confirm ovulation. Of course, the first month I do try to get more data - I get a very severe ear infection right in the middle of the month (~CD 11). I had some pretty moderate pink spotting on CD 12+13, had a temp dip.... but no positive OPK. Temps did go up, even got projected crosshairs, but then dropped again. CD 19 I suddenly got a positive OPK (MUCH later in my cycle than I expected). Got another temp dip, and now I'm spotting again (lighter than earlier in the month, but still pinkish/brown). :wacko:

:help: Any body have any ideas what on earth my body is doing? Anyone else ever have spotting twice in one cycle? Anyone ever get a bad cold and have ovulation this delayed (I expected AF this Friday and still don't even have crosshairs). I know time will answer some of my questions, but I was hoping some of you lovely ladies could provide some guidance in the meantime.

The times that I had midcycle spotting were the times that I did not ovulate....

I would get mid cycle spotting when I O'd from time to time but the first time it happened it was a bit worrisome so I asked my RE and she said (as long as there were no other issues) basically anytime you get a very strong surge of estrogen it can cause spotting and a drop in bbt whether or not ovulation happened or not. She said progesterone is the "hot" hormone and estrogen is the "cold" hormone. It might be worth it to get your levels checked if you haven't already haen't to rule out cyst, fibroids, and polyps as they can cause bleeding too.

I'm hoping my body just geared up to O (including spotting), then got delayed because of the infection. The spotting was much less a few days after the OPK.

This is the first month I've ever had this, so I'm trying not to psych myself out to much about PCOS or polyps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->