Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

Garfield

Reaction score
Hi all,

New to this board. I have a little girl 2 but been TTC #2 for nearly a year now.

Have always had spotting 2/3 days before which I know is normal for lots of people and nothing to worry about but its been getting longer and now I start spotting 7 days before AF due and continue until arrives every month.

OF course I always hope its IB which it never is.

Have now read maybe due to low progesterone? and this may make implantation difficult?

Have been to Dr's for something else and asked about stuff but given we already have a child they are not interested until we have been trying 2 years.

Does anyone have an experience or advice for this? Have you tried anything that helped... don't want to have to be pushy with Dr but if there is something wrong dont really want to wait another year to find out.

Any advice much appreciated

Good luck everyone

Hi Garfield, I have this too, and your post about the low progesterone got me panicking as I'm already taking loads of supplements, I thought "oh no not more!"

I'm been googling and found this website https://thefertilityshop.com/fertility_herbs_vitamins.htm which mentions progesterone creams, but also agnus castus (vitex/chasteberry), which I'm already taking to lengthen my luteal phase (and worked from month 1, am on month 2 now.) So I'm happy that I don't need to start taking anything else! I believe vit B6 helps with progesterone too and I found this https://www.babyhopes.com/articles/luteal-phase-defect.html . I'm taking pregnacare conception vits too which contains a small amount of B6 so I hope it's enough to help along with the agnus castus.

Before TTC I had spotting for about a day before AF, sometimes 2 days, but since TTC it's increased to 4-5 days :( . This also happened last month when taking the AC for the first month, but I'm hoping it'll settle down as it can take 3 months to get into your system.

:dust: to you! x

p.s I can't believe your doctor told you 2 years! I thought they'd give you help at 1 year, though I'm in the UK so it may be different.

FOLLOW UP THREAD

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...ttc-thread-bfp-success-last.html#post24894575

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Didn't mean to worry you. I have lots of other PMS type symptoms which start at day 21 which also lead me to worry about progesterone. Rather than the cream which seems a bit extreme especially as I really need to have bloods done to check that is the issue before messing with hormones. i will try some B6 and see what happens.

Read a bit about Agnus castus but found lots of conflict re when you should take it. I think most seem to think you need to allow to build up so everyday is best. But seen some that take either for first or second half of the cycle. What do you do? Also how much Holland and Barratt have 400mg tablets but also seen 20mg ones which is massive difference.

Re Dr I'm in UK too - but Dr wasn't interested as I already have a child so there can not be anything wrong in their opinion. I know what he means but my cycles have changed since my first - I've had an early miscarriage (maybe linked although not necessarily), and also I had bleeding in my first pregnancy up to 12 weeks- had healthy baby (can also indicate low progesterone) - so think I have convinced myself.

Come on B6!!

Good luck and thanks again

I have the same problem and its really worrying me. I have spotting 6 days before my AF arrives and I think it is having affect on my fertility. I have taken B-vits this month but there has not been much difference.
I may take Agnus Castus along side the B-Vits this month but need to investigate the side effects. If that doesn't help I will go to the doctors next month for them to check my hormone balance.
Has anyone tried Soya Isoflavones and does it help with spotting?
FX we find something which help the problem. :dust:

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Didn't mean to worry you. I have lots of other PMS type symptoms which start at day 21 which also lead me to worry about progesterone. Rather than the cream which seems a bit extreme especially as I really need to have bloods done to check that is the issue before messing with hormones. i will try some B6 and see what happens.

Read a bit about Agnus castus but found lots of conflict re when you should take it. I think most seem to think you need to allow to build up so everyday is best. But seen some that take either for first or second half of the cycle. What do you do? Also how much Holland and Barratt have 400mg tablets but also seen 20mg ones which is massive difference.

Re Dr I'm in UK too - but Dr wasn't interested as I already have a child so there can not be anything wrong in their opinion. I know what he means but my cycles have changed since my first - I've had an early miscarriage (maybe linked although not necessarily), and also I had bleeding in my first pregnancy up to 12 weeks- had healthy baby (can also indicate low progesterone) - so think I have convinced myself.

Come on B6!!

Good luck and thanks again

Ha no it's ok! You know when you overcome one problem then you realise you've got another! We'll see what happens this month, got postive OPK 2 days ago, my ticker was wrong, was 2 days earlier than last month thanks again to the AC. I take 400mg x 2 twice a day from Holland and Barrett. I have heard conflicting reports of taking them all the way through the cycle vs taking them up to ovulation. There was a thread on here for AC and on there the majority were taking them up to ovulation so I'm going with that. Also taking evening primrose oil which can cause uterine contractions so again I'm only taking that up to ovulation. It's funny though this spotting has got so longer since TTC, it's as if perhaps an egg has fertilised but isn't managing to implant, it's probably not that, but seems very strange. I've also had some cramping along with the spotting, last month from 6DPO onwards... Good luck to you and lots of :dust: x

I have the same problem and its really worrying me. I have spotting 6 days before my AF arrives and I think it is having affect on my fertility. I have taken B-vits this month but there has not been much difference.
I may take Agnus Castus along side the B-Vits this month but need to investigate the side effects. If that doesn't help I will go to the doctors next month for them to check my hormone balance.
Has anyone tried Soya Isoflavones and does it help with spotting?
FX we find something which help the problem. :dust:

Hi Happyshopper I'm not far from you, in Washington :) I think some vits are supposed to take around 3 months to take effect, Agnus Castus for one, however I noticed a difference straight away. I've read about soy, there's a thread on here for it. But I came across this https://www.babyhopes.com/articles/soy.html and it put me right off, is talking about it decreasing fertility! I think it depends on getting the balance right, there's been a lot of soy babies on here! :dust: to you too x

By the way ladies, how long have you been trying? x

Just want to say I have this too, this month I've spotted since 8DPO the hardest thing is you start convincing yourself it's implantation then have to accept the fact it's not when it doesn't stop :cry:

I'm trying vit b6 this cycle (50mg) plus an additional vit b complex tablet I'm also going to take Evening Primrose (just up until ovulation) and also a regular strength Vitamin C (because I've heard it's good when TTC and I also hope to keep the many colds at bay). I also have just an 11 day luteal phase so I'm hoping the B vitamins lengthen that too, as weird as it's sounds I've love my two week wait to actually be two weeks :happydance: instead I have a 28/29 day cycle but have to wait till CD 18 to ovulate grrrrrrr

Lets hope these B vitamins help us both! PMA , they will work :hugs:

Hi MrsPTTC, thanks very much for the link. Im from Aycliffe and only 20 minutes down the A1 from you.
I couldnt decide whether to go for AC or Soy. Soy seems to have such a high success rate and I was willing to try anything that may help. I will probably go for AC with B vits as I think it will help the spotting hopefully.
We are just coming to the end of the fourth cycle but were NTNP for a year to September.

Hi MrsPTTC, thanks very much for the link. Im from Aycliffe and only 20 minutes down the A1 from you.
I couldnt decide whether to go for AC or Soy. Soy seems to have such a high success rate and I was willing to try anything that may help. I will probably go for AC with B vits as I think it will help the spotting hopefully.
We are just coming to the end of the fourth cycle but were NTNP for a year to September.

Yes not far at all! I hope the AC stops the spotting this month, even if I don't get my :bfp: I'll be happy with no spotting until the day before AF. It's very frustrating thinking it's implantation bleeding at first. We didnt NTNP so it was all systems go when hubby finally agreed to TTC! Was on the pill for about 8yrs, came off for over a year, then went back on for about 6 months, been off again for about 11 months so I know it's had plenty of time to get out of my system! Still can't believe some people fall pregnant within a few months of coming off the pill, they are so lucky x

I definately would be a lot happier without the spotting. I hoped it was IB this month but it has lasted 4 days now. I usually spot for 5 days before my AF so it looks like b-vits havent shortened it yet but it has made it lighter.
I was also on the pill for several years and I think it has taken my body a while to adjust. I thought it would happen easily after I stopped the pill like my sister but nope.
I guess its still early days for us and FX we get our BFPs very soon xxx

Hi hun, just to update you, no spotting this month but super early :witch: today! Good or bad? 28 day cycle and 10 day lp. x

Hi girls

I'm in the same boat! Started ttc 10 mths ago and I never used to spot before that. It seems to range from 4 - 8 days before I get my period. Started taking angus castus drops from Holland + Barrett (just til ov) and also vit B tablets about 6 wks ago. Maybe a bit too early to say yet but the spotting only lasted 4 days last month. This month I had 2 days of spotting 4 days after ov but it seemed to just happed after we BD'd...does anyone else get that? AF supposedly due a week today so we'll see. Think the agnus castus/vit b mix is defo helping make my periods regular though so that's good. Got first appointment at gyno at hosp tomorrow, bit nervous, will see what they say about the spotting etc and keep you updated.

Hi MissPTTC, Im so sorry the horrid :witch: got you. What was your LP before you took AC and B-vits? xxx

Hi MissPTTC, Im so sorry the horrid :witch: got you. What was your LP before you took AC and B-vits? xxx

I'm not taking b vits hun, just AC, EPO & pregnacare conception (which has small amount of b vits in though.) LP varied, I've had as short and 9 and as long as 13, then 14/15 last month on the AC, thought it would be 16 this month but ended up with 10! :growlmad: I guess the spotting has concerned me the most, now I think about it my AF has come round about when my spotting would usually start....interesting! xxx

I have this same problem. TTC for 7 cycles, and started taking Vitex and Bcomplex. It helped for the first two months, but last month, started spotting 5 dpo (thought it was IB), then AF arrived four days earlier than normal.

I'm going to my doctor's on Monday for a physical, getting an ultrasound, and he also told me that he will send me to my OBGYN to get the spotting checked out. I know it's most likely low progesterone. I ovulate usually around cd13/14 (I chart my BBT), and have a 27 day cycle. The spotting is caused by an endometrial lining that cannot be sustained due to inadequate progesterone. I would put money on me getting pg as soon as my doctor finally realizes that he just needs to give me some prometrium for me to take after I ovulate for 12 days.

I had this, I was ttc for 16 mos. I found this site and read a post about vitamin b. I started taking b100 complex time released capsules from walmart (and a few other things)and got my BFP the next month. Its not enough to just take B6, you have to take it with others for it to work so I would highly recommend getting B100 complex. They are water soluble so anything your body doesnt use will just come out in your pee.... Just dont freak out if your pee is really yellow, its the vitamins. ;) Welcome!! there are a bunch of Great ladies on here and they are always willing to listen and help if they can.

Thanks to everyone for advice on this. I'm trying the Bvit complex this month and have started on AC as well - fingers crossed.

Baby dust to all

xx

My spotting is really concerning me as I think I may have low progesterone so I take a seperate B vit complex as well as a good multi-vit. I took B vit complex on its own last month and I reduced my spotting by a day. So I'm taking a multi-vit with lots of B-vits and hope that it does the trick.
I've also reduced my sugar intake (I've got a big sweet tooth) and upped my exercise as I've heard that can cause low progesterone.
Miss PTTC- They do say that it takes a while for AC to take effect so FX next month you get a much longer LP. Do you take it in tablet or liquid form? I have heard the the liquid form gives you faster results.
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->