Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

Me too cupcake.

even if the pill doesn't cause spotting, it may be masking a problem until you come off it. In my case although I became aware of the spotting when I came off the pill I remember having the bleeding/ spotting when I was still on it too. I had trouble getting smears done because I was always bleeding and kept having to go back to get them redone and I remember being on holiday and feeling annoyed when I got the bleeding because it made it difficult if I wanted to go swimming etc. I can't really remember that much before coming off it though because back then it was just a minor irritation.

Hi Bun, I agree about the pill masking problems. I also spotted a lot on the pill as well. I was on it for 11 years. I am definitely not going back on it. We will either ntnp, use condoms or I will monitor my cycles. We all know our bodies and cycles so well after ttc for so long. It took me ten months, which really wasn't that long compared to many, but was still painful nonetheless.

Bun and Jodspods, I really hope you concieve soon!! Everyone else to of course, I just know it has been taking a while for you both. Have the dr.'s offered IUI?

Cupcake that's great your smear test was ok! Another thing to tick off the list!

MrsPTTC - congrats you have graduated to another fruit :)

Hey Sbmack - how are you doing? Has the spotting stopped? (I think that you had some the last time I read)

IUI hasn't been considered for me - if I have to have HSG on march 4th we have two possibilities - everything ok = clomid, everything not ok = lap & dye investigations!

I'm 5 dpo now and not having any symptoms that are anything different to usual! Thought I had spotting yesterday but it was really only creamy discharge (rubbish lights in the ladies at work lol) and I have that again today...long wait til next Thursday!

swabs were all clear! Yay! Although I think DH is getting more worried about his test, he hasn't booked it yet....think he was hoping either we get pregnant before he has to do it or they find something in my tests they can treat!

Men can be so funny. Just tell him how manly he will feel when his results come back good.

Hi everyone,
I hope everyone is happy and well.
Mrs P, I love the watermelon, It means you are so close to D day. How are you feeling? xxx
Jods, i hope the spotting was only a result of dodgy lights. FX for you this month xxx
Well I'm 6dpo and started spotting yesterday. My spotting start dates are getting so inconsistent; some days it starts a 1DPO to any time to 11DPO, which makes me think that it could be a fibroid or sensitive cervix issue and hopefully something which doesnt affect conception. Also, I went to the doctor last week about a couple of issues; I have a dodgy mole and I've had some hair loss. I'm rescheduled to go back next Thursday so have the mole looked at with a special microscope and I am going to have my blood tested for thyroid problems, iron deficiency and glucose. Hopefully the mole is nothing, but I wouldn't mind if my blood tests showed I had either of them issues, any of them could be problematic to fertility. I would especially love it if they said my iron was really low, gave me some pills and I got pregnant straight away. TTC makes you want very strange things indeed xxx
Good luck everyone still awaiting their bfp xxx

I'm sorry I know I posted a really long post but I need your advice. I think I might try acupuncture again to accompany my IUI procedures (well hopefully its only 1). I'm booked in with one in Durham on Monday night. My OH says that I shouldn't waste my money and he thinks I shouldn't go. I can afford it but it is still very expensive for something which might not work. I have been to one before (a different one) but I didn't stick with it long enough to get the results and this one in Durham has loads more experience. What do you girls think? xxx

I'm sorry I know I posted a really long post but I need your advice. I think I might try acupuncture again to accompany my IUI procedures (well hopefully its only 1). I'm booked in with one in Durham on Monday night. My OH says that I shouldn't waste my money and he thinks I shouldn't go. I can afford it but it is still very expensive for something which might not work. I have been to one before (a different one) but I didn't stick with it long enough to get the results and this one in Durham has loads more experience. What do you girls think? xxx

I would say go for it as I've been trying reflexology and its made me feel better. A colleagues wife tried acupuncture after a mc and just gave birth yesterday morning!

Happy, I did accupunture the month I got my BFP. I highly reccomend it! My insurance didn't cover it and it was expensive because I did it every week for a month, but it made me feel great and helped me relax. I went to a practioner that specializes in infertility treatments. I planned on going every other week then every three weeks through my first trimester, but because of a miscarraige scare I'm going every week again for a few weeks.

Jods, I spotted starting last Tuesday then some bleeding Thursday night. I saw a midwife at my dr.'s office on Friday. Got bloodwork done and a scan. The horrible midwife called Friday night and told me that I was most likely miscarrying because of my hcg levels and what was on the ultrasound (it was just a gestational sac) at first they thought possible ectopic bc I had some pain in my right side, but the sac was in the uterus so that was ruled out. I had a horrible Friday after I spoke to the midwife. Luckily I came n this board and many reassured me that you can't usually see anything on the scan at five weeks (I was 5 +2) and that my levels were in the normal range. I started to feel hopeful. I went for an appt. on Monday with a dr. and she apologized for what we had been told. There was no evidence that I was definitely miscarrying. I got blood drawn and she called back later that day to say that my levels were increasing! I have an US scheduled for next Thursday (I'll be 7 weeks). By then they should be able to see if I'm growing a healthy bean or not.

Good luck with the HSG, Jodspods. I had a lap and dye. It's scary going under, but recovery wasn't that bad.

swabs were all clear! Yay! Although I think DH is getting more worried about his test, he hasn't booked it yet....think he was hoping either we get pregnant before he has to do it or they find something in my tests they can treat!

Men can be so funny. Just tell him how manly he will feel when his results come back good.

His other fave excuse is that he is scared they will 'use' his stuff to get someone else pregnant! Lol! Men

His other fave excuse is that he is scared they will 'use' his stuff to get someone else pregnant! Lol! Men

That's hilarious!! When I told my DH that the nurse said his sample was great, he was all 'disgusting. What to guys turn them in all messy' haha. He thought she was referring to him having a clean sample not a good sperm count.

That's hilarious!! When I told my DH that the nurse said his sample was great, he was all 'disgusting. What to guys turn them in all messy' haha. He thought she was referring to him having a clean sample not a good sperm count.

haha men eh! I'm not sure if he's worried about the process of the test or the results. In the UK does the sample get dropped off at his GP's or is it the hospital does anyone know?

My DH was given a date and time to drop off the sample. The letter came with a pot. He went home from work, did the necessary then dropped it off. I was more horrified than him! He saw it as a necessary step to getting where we want to be! Didn't find them forthcoming with results though. He phoned GP eventually and they gave him them. Luckily he came back normal which was then proved as we conceived!

Me too cupcake.

even if the pill doesn't cause spotting, it may be masking a problem until you come off it. In my case although I became aware of the spotting when I came off the pill I remember having the bleeding/ spotting when I was still on it too. I had trouble getting smears done because I was always bleeding and kept having to go back to get them redone and I remember being on holiday and feeling annoyed when I got the bleeding because it made it difficult if I wanted to go swimming etc. I can't really remember that much before coming off it though because back then it was just a minor irritation.

Hi Bun, I agree about the pill masking problems. I also spotted a lot on the pill as well. I was on it for 11 years. I am definitely not going back on it. We will either ntnp, use condoms or I will monitor my cycles. We all know our bodies and cycles so well after ttc for so long. It took me ten months, which really wasn't that long compared to many, but was still painful nonetheless.

Bun and Jodspods, I really hope you concieve soon!! Everyone else to of course, I just know it has been taking a while for you both. Have the dr.'s offered IUI?

Great news about the smear cupcake! SB I haven't been offered IUI yet. My doc wants me to wait another 6 months and see what happens before taking any further action. I wanted him to send me for a lap and dye to check for endo but he said no. I'm worried about having IUI or IVF because I've looked at the success rates and they aren't great and I only get one go on the NHS in my area so I'm guessing if it doesn't work they will turn round and tell us they can't do anymore, end of the road IYSWIM.

If I do manage to get preggers again then i wont be going back on the pill. i told DH I wanted to start TTC for a second DC as soon as I'm physically well enough. Think he was quite taken aback when he said that!

Happy, I did accupunture the month I got my BFP. I highly reccomend it! My insurance didn't cover it and it was expensive because I did it every week for a month, but it made me feel great and helped me relax. I went to a practioner that specializes in infertility treatments. I planned on going every other week then every three weeks through my first trimester, but because of a miscarraige scare I'm going every week again for a few weeks.

Jods, I spotted starting last Tuesday then some bleeding Thursday night. I saw a midwife at my dr.'s office on Friday. Got bloodwork done and a scan. The horrible midwife called Friday night and told me that I was most likely miscarrying because of my hcg levels and what was on the ultrasound (it was just a gestational sac) at first they thought possible ectopic bc I had some pain in my right side, but the sac was in the uterus so that was ruled out. I had a horrible Friday after I spoke to the midwife. Luckily I came n this board and many reassured me that you can't usually see anything on the scan at five weeks (I was 5 +2) and that my levels were in the normal range. I started to feel hopeful. I went for an appt. on Monday with a dr. and she apologized for what we had been told. There was no evidence that I was definitely miscarrying. I got blood drawn and she called back later that day to say that my levels were increasing! I have an US scheduled for next Thursday (I'll be 7 weeks). By then they should be able to see if I'm growing a healthy bean or not.

Good luck with the HSG, Jodspods. I had a lap and dye. It's scary going under, but recovery wasn't that bad.

Sbmack what a horrible experience! I was treated like that too! I refuse to see that doctor again! I'm hoping all goes well from now on and your scan shows a perfect bean next Thursday!

Hi happyshopper, I'm in the same position as you. I have 4 weekly sessions coming up soon and it's so expensive. I as thinking of cancelling but then read SB's post saying she got her BFP the month she did acu so I think I'm going for it! If it goes well I might do it every few weeks afterward. Personally if I was in your shoes and I was having IUI I would definitely do it, anything to be as relaxed as possible and to maximise the chance of a successful outcome. I wish you the very best of luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->