Spotting when AF would have been due??

wannabemomy37

~ Waiting ~
Reaction score
Just curious how many of you lovely ladies have had spotting/light AF (brown, pink, dark red) at the times AF would have been due?? Is this a common occurrence?

I've only been spotting (literally NO flow and only when wiping) for the past 2 AFs, which would have been at EXACTLY 4 weeks and 8 weeks preg (where I normally have 30-32 day cycles so crazy how this adds up like that)

LMP details:
July 15th - Normal AF with clots, cramps, medium flow for about 3-4 days
Aug 11&12 - Spotting, cramps NO flow, not convinced it's AF at all (this was CD27&CD28 which is about a week before expected AF anyways)
Now Sept 9th (yesterday) I had brown spotting again only when wiping (didn't even make it on my pantyliner!) and then noticed a darker red but TMI it was after pushing a BM so again, not convinced AF has arrived fully since July 15th!!

I'm always a regular 30-32 days, 3-4 days of medium flow, with cramps and clots. I believe I am pregnant (would be 8+1 today) but still BFN so what's going on????

Please share any stories that might be helpful! :flower:
I feel like I'm going insane!!

Mine hasn't been exactly the same. However I did have brown spotting at 4 wks when AF was due. Then 2 weeks later, I had 4 hours of regular flow followed by 2 weeks of brown spotting (which just went away thanks i think to progesterone supplements). I think I ovulated late, though because I don't remember DTD during my fertile time, and the baby is measuring about 5 days behind. So it likely implantation bleeding. (The other bleed - my first scan showed a pool of blood near the sac, which is mostly gone now.)

Our bodies do crazy things at these times.

Wish I could be more help

Have you ever seen "I didn't know I was pregnant"? Most of those women went their entire pregnancy getting their "period". Have you called and tried getting a blood test? That's all the advice I can offer you. The only time I've blead this pregnancy so far is after intercourse, and even then I wasn't worried due to it not being a flow or anything. I'd call your Dr or ob and tell them you're two months late and need to know what's going on in your body...weather its a pregnancy or something else.

I had some only-when-wiping red spotting right around 4 weeks with my daughter. Didn't have any around 8 weeks.

I've been the same was about to post about a similar things. my cycles are usually around 30 days. not had a proper period since july 24th. had some spotting a few days before when af would have been due. i'm now 18 days late, if spotting was not af. negative pregnancy tests. I was going to wait until my next af would be due, around the 24th, and if the same thing happens then im going to my doctors.
I think the only difference is we're not trying. we're not in the position to have anymore children at the moment. I've just gone back to work so want to work a few years before having anymore.

Thanks girls. Yeah I guess I could be like the I didnt Know I was Pregnant ladies, but spotting at time of AF and BFN kinda make me think I'm not, yet the constant nausea (worsens at night), diff CM, AF-type cramping for the past 2 months, etc. just all point to :baby:

I'll prob wait a few more days to see if AF decides to make an appearance, otherwise I need to get some tests done because I haven't had a proper period in 2 months then and that's CRAZY for me!!

i heard of this before from several friends i know and it's a pretty normal thing. your body is a hormonal balance between the old, usual hormones of your cycle and the new hormones of pregnancy. your standard hormones sometimes keep cycling "underneath" the pregnancy ones and sometimes it is strong enough to make you have a "period" - extremely rarely to really ovulate (though this has been reported in scientific literature too, one case of a woman who got pregnant with her 2nd child 3 months into her pregnancy so her kids are not twins but shared a womb!!!)

i heard of this before from several friends i know and it's a pretty normal thing. your body is a hormonal balance between the old, usual hormones of your cycle and the new hormones of pregnancy. your standard hormones sometimes keep cycling "underneath" the pregnancy ones and sometimes it is strong enough to make you have a "period" - extremely rarely to really ovulate (though this has been reported in scientific literature too, one case of a woman who got pregnant with her 2nd child 3 months into her pregnancy so her kids are not twins but shared a womb!!!)

True, I've heard of that story as well!!! I don't believe I ovulated this last month, but then again wasn't checking because I've just been acting as if I'm pregnant. Still NO spotting/AF today either so it was just that one day and a little bit of stringy brown/dark red CM last night when checking. My body is so messed up sometimes lol

Well, AF is here - dark red and clotty-like, light flow but definitely AF. What an interesting body I have....:nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->