Spotting with contraceptive pill?

polo_princess

♥ Brookes Mummy ♥
Reaction score
Since having Brooke i asked to be put on the pill and the doctor prescribed me micrgynon or whatever its called and since i started taking it ive had constant spotting almost everyday ... i even skipped the break and took two packs in a row to see if it was just me getting used to it.

Has anyone else had this problem since going on the pill after birth? I never had it before i was pregnant, then again i dont think it was the same pill ..

I had this but full on periods for mnth plus with the first pill i ever went on. I went back to the GP and he gave me a different one, as the first didn't agree with me at all.

I would probably go back and ask for another pill?

I was put on one called Logynon, it was different colours so white pill for 6days then yellow for 10days etc then a break for 7days (period time), it contains different levels of estrogen(sp?) or whatever it is they use and might be better for you?

no advice but im on microgynon and i have no spotting xx

When I first started taking the pill 12 years ago I was prescribed Microgynon and had a constant period for more than 2 months :( The GP then gave me Mercilon and I was fine:D

I've been spotting on the mini pill (Cerazette) so I've just stopped taking it. I'll go back onto Mercilon once I've stopped bf (I'm combination feeding at the mo).

xx

I had that problem with one of the types I was on at one point, told my doctor about it and they changed my prescription.

i was on that when i conceived my eldest 12 years ago.... didnt spot on it tho.... im on cerazette and spotting on that, driving me mad! gonna give it tl end o pack then see gp. is spotting a known side effect?

I had the same problem with mycrogynon, i started taking it about a year after having Chloe and i lasted 4mths and gave up with it. The dr kept telling me it was just my body taking time to settle but it just never seemed to end, it drove me nuts!

Im having this prob, not sure what my pill is called, but looks like i could do with it changing, it really throw me that i just stopped taking at the begining of the week. Ive never had this problem with anyother pill ive taken, ill check the name of it when i get home.

I would maybe see about changing to a different one. I went on microgynon after having Lauryn and have had no spotting, but then I was on the same one before getting pregnant too.

I was on Microgynon a couple of years ago before getting pregnant, and I experienced spotting with it. I changed to a different pill and it soon stopped after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->