Spotting

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by le_annek, Jan 26, 2011.

1. le_annek

le_annek Well-Known Member

I am 7 weeks and 2 days today. When I got up this morning I wiped a small amount of blood away. It wasn't brown it was red. Haven't had anything since. No pain or anything but can't help but worry as had 2 previous m/c at 5 weeks. Should I go to Drs or just wait and see what happens :( xxx

2. Rumpskin

Rumpskin Free to try again!

I personally would tell the doctors, they may get you in for an earlier scan xxx

3. sarahjane10

sarahjane10 love my lil boy so much

tell your doctor hun or if you are that scarde go to a&e hun i would because i had a prevoius mc.. i would go x

4. pinkpolkadot

pinkpolkadot Well-Known Member

This can be normal, I had lots of red blood and everything is OK so try not to worry but do go to your docs for a check :flower:

5. le_annek

Thanks for replying will phone my doctors asap :) xx

6. crazylilth1ng

crazylilth1ng Well-Known Member

I had the same thing myself this morning... woke up, wiped and reddish brown blood. After several wipes it was gone and since, I am just having the leftover brown spotting.

I phoned the midwife who wasn't overly concerned, she said if it gets any heavier to phone back and she will organise a scan, but as I am only just over 5 weeks, they wouldn't see much of anything anyway.

Lets just hope it is one of those things... good luck.

Forgot to add... please do phone the doctors if you are worried.

7. babyhopesxx

babyhopesxx Mum of 2 boys

Please go straight to your doctor or m/w if your concerned. Let me know how you get on. (hugs) xx

8. le_annek

Phoned my doctors at 2.00pm and im still waiting for a call back!!! haven't got any pains and no more spotting at the moment anyway. EPU will be closed now so I hope they can refer me there tomorrow xx

9. sarahjane10

hopefully hunie.. its common to have some spotting, xxx :hugs:

10. Claudia83

Claudia83 Well-Known Member

When in doubt, always phone your DR/MW, that's what they get paid for :) I hope all is ok, but some spotting is normal, I had spotting on and off from week 4-6, it was never bright red, but pinkish and brown. I know you won't get peace of mind until you talk to your doctor, but try to stay positive :hugs:

11. ahbon

ahbon Well-Known Member

have had many episodes of spotting now (already had 4scans!). If any problems at this stage there is nothing they can do but they won't know this until you are scanned. At this time you should be able to see a heartbeat too! Good luck! x

12. le_annek

Well I have been to EPU today and my baby is fine :) Im measurng 7 weeks and 5 days 2 days more than what I thought. I am so releaved. They said the bleeding must just be implantation bleeding. Its fading slowly today. I got to see my little blob and a heartbeat xxx

13. sarahjane10

great news hun :) xxx

14. awesome news! so happy for you :)

15. le_annek

Thank you everyone for your posts yesterday it kept me calm went to bed at 6pm and had a little sleep and got up this morning hopeful. So spotting doesn't always mean the end. Im absolutly over the moon xxx

16. MooMrs

MooMrs Well-Known Member

Congrats! I was in a similar situation myself with spotting and had a very successful scan this morning too :)