Spray Tan Boobies

MissMamma

Mummy
Reaction score
I'm getting a spray tan next week coz i'm going on a hen do down in london (eek my first proper night out!) and i'm wanting it done topless because my dress is very small, very revealing and has thin little criss cross straps so tan lines from my bra will look stupid and apart from being worried about traumatising the tanning lady with my post pregnancy body i 'm a bit worried about breastfeeding my baby whilst I have the tan on?!

I was reading up on this because I want to spray tan also. I read that as long as you wash your nipples and stuff off afterwards, it should be OK. I'll try and dig for the article. And it shouldn't affect breastmilk or anything like that.

Can't find the original but here is something similar to what I read:

However before I get into all of that YES it is safe as so very little is absorbed into your blood. Just -obviously- wash your nipples off after the application before breastfeeding.

(ok yahoo is hating my links again.... so I've taken them out)

[ link to k e l l y m o m . c o m ]
Sunscreen, Self-tanning products

Because these are topically applied, very little would absorb through the skin into the bloodstream and therefore into your milk. They should not be a problem for the breastfeeding mom and baby. Do be careful about applying it on the breast - make sure baby doesn't get any in his mouth.

The spray tanning booths (also called UV-free tanning, airbrush tanning, spray on tanning, etc.) come under the category of self-tanning products. To prevent baby ingesting the self-tanning lotion, wash the self-tanning product from your breasts before nursing.

[link to p a r e n t i n g . i v i l l a g e . c o m ]
Self-tanning preparations are increasing in popularity. They're a great way for you to get a tanned look, without the risks of overexposure to the sun.

The active ingredient in self-tanning products is dihydroxyacetone (DHA). It is derived from sugar cane. This reacts with the amino acids in the upper layers of the skin to produce a tan. No dyes are used, and this is considered to be a safe process.

In general, there is some absorption from any product used on the skin. Only use if your skin is not damaged. There is no evidence that use of skin care products has any negative effect on your nursing baby. When applying to the breast, avoid using around your areola and nipple. Allow to dry thoroughly (about one hour) before breastfeeding.

When applying to the breast, avoid using around your areola and nipple. Allow to dry thoroughly (about one hour) before breastfeeding

I just had an image of some one wearing nipple tassles while getting it done :rofl:

well I asked in Girly sanctuary about what i'm supposed to wear for the tan and people mentioned nipple stickers so i could very well be in some sort of tassle! :rofl:

I'm getting a spray tan next week coz i'm going on a hen do down in london (eek my first proper night out!) and i'm wanting it done topless because my dress is very small, very revealing and has thin little criss cross straps so tan lines from my bra will look stupid and apart from being worried about traumatising the tanning lady with my post pregnancy body i 'm a bit worried about breastfeeding my baby whilst I have the tan on?!

I'm just being nosey and came across this, I spray girls and I would suggest you cover your nipples. Cotton pads would do a great job!! :) :)

Good luck and have fun at the hens!!!

Vaseline over the nipple should do the job too x

I had one done last Tuesday went commando and just washed nipples after with baby wipe and washed with soap I am breast feeding my lo was fine x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->