Spray Tan while pregnant?

ashleyg

Mama to three
Reaction score
I just found out I'm pregnant on Thursday. I have a boudoir photo session this Friday & I was planning on getting a spray tan to give me some color...but obviously this was before I found out I'm now expecting! Is it safe to get a spray tan when you're this early in pregnancy? Does it even matter? Kinda bummed because I was hoping for a little bit of color for the session :haha:

I'm not sure what harm it could do, not heard any reason not to. I think it's just sun beds due to overheating (And obviously the radiation)

I figured it won't really matter but everyone and everything tells you to be so cautious about things during early pregnancy so I thought I'd ask and see if anyone has done it before lol

I think the only concern with those is that pregnancy hormones can make the color come out funny! My friend looking into it and decided to take the risk and it was fine!

I was a bit of a fake tan addict last pregnancy - I never even considered that it might be unsafe tbh!
Just exfoliate and moisturise thoroughly, in my experience my skin is a lot dryer during pregnancy.

Personally, I wouldn't be putting anything on my skin that wasn't necessary, but that's just me. Even if there's no evidence of it being dangerous, I don't see the point in risking it. I've never been a spray tanner but I do colour my hair a lot. As far as I'm concerned, I can wait until after the pregnancy for pretty hair :) I'll rock the growing out my roots look for a few more months :D Agree with Kate -- skin does seem to be a lot dryer so moisturiser, tan or not, is your friend.

Thanks ladies. I have a phone appt with a nurse tomorrow so I'll ask her and see what she says!

Im a beautician and we are told not to spray in first 3m, but its just incase anything goes wrong and we are blamed/sued rather than any actual risk lol... i trained when i was preg and the lecturer was happy for me to have spray tans throughout which she wouldnt have if there was any risk at all, you'll be fine xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->