Spring/Summer IUI support thread

beemeck

Full time mommy
Reaction score
Hi ladies!

I just found out yesterday that I will be having my first IUI the second week of April. I'm very nervous and excited. Hoping some other ladies want to join me for the journey!

A little background on my story - I got pregnant a year ago on our first try, then found out it was a cervical ectopic pregnancy. Lots of drama and trauma later, I was able to start trying again in July. Since then - not a thing. The RE believes that something changed with my cervix from that pregnancy, even though the HSG went through just fine. So she wants to just give IUI a go. I'm going to start on the lowest dose of femara (I don't want to cancel due to 4 or more follies) and go in for my first US on day 14.

Femara starts on Tuesday of next week - eek!

Please join me and tell me about your journey too! :hugs:

Ladies with BFPS!:
danser55 :bfp:
kate26 :bfp:
realfemme30 :bfp:
mina06 :bfp:

Hello!
As promised I'll join!
Of course I won't know what treatment our RE will suggest until this afternoon but having someone else going through new fertility treatments will be nice. :)

I will be doing an IUI in April as well. I've had 2 failed IVF's my RE think the stims are affecting egg quality and since I've gotten pregnant twice my body handles everything better internally.

My RE prefers to do injectibles so I will be doing menopur with an ovidrel trigger. I'm waiting for my period though since my ER was just Tuesday it may be up to two weeks of waiting. I hate waiting.

BEE: I just finished my first IUI last Friday 3/18/16.
I went in for my blood work this morning, and I actually just heard back from the dr. my progesterone (7.1 and they want 10 or greater)is a little lower that what they like.
However I did ovulate. So I am now going to start taking a suppository. They told me to test next Thursday, to see if I am pregnant. I am praying and hoping this WILL work for my husband and I as we have been TTC for 3+ years now. I have PCOS and do not ovulate on my own. So they put me on 100mg of clomid and I did the ovidriel trigger shot once I had a follicle. Best wishes to you and myself.

Hello ladies!
I hope iui works amazing for you all. I won't be doing one, I didn't think I would. I am starting clomid, 100mg for cd3-7. I'm very excited and my doctor is very determined to get my pregnant in 3 months. So although I'm not doing iui I would love to stick around if you don't mind.

Good day ladies. I wanted to pop in an introduce myself. We did an iui in march and I just got my negative bloods today. We may or may not jump right into another cycle. The nurse is supposed to call me on Monday to discuss. I had fluid in my uterus on cd 10 when I triggered. So I'm worried I have an infection or maybe something wrong with my right and only tube. I'd like to get that addressed first I think. We're also going on vacation in april so if af doesn't show soon we might have to skip for that reason too. I stopped taking the progesterone last night so I'm just anxiously awaiting af to see what's next.

Hi ladies, I will be doing my first IUI most likely the end of next week!
A little background on me: I'm 26, no fertility issues that I know of. In a same sex relationship so doing a donor iui. I completed bloodwork and HSG last month, all came back clear. Doctor put me on Letrozole cd5-9, today is currently CD10, will be starting OPK's Sunday and as soon as I get my positive will be doing back to back IUI's. Nervous and excited to finally be getting started. Good luck to everyone!

Hi ladies, I will be doing my first IUI most likely the end of next week!
A little background on me: I'm 26, no fertility issues that I know of. In a same sex relationship so doing a donor iui. I completed bloodwork and HSG last month, all came back clear. Doctor put me on Letrozole cd5-9, today is currently CD10, will be starting OPK's Sunday and as soon as I get my positive will be doing back to back IUI's. Nervous and excited to finally be getting started. Good luck to everyone!

hi kate - welcome! Looks like you might be the guinea pig to go first this month :haha: lol. is this your first month TTC or did you try some at home inseminations first? so exciting!

Good day ladies. I wanted to pop in an introduce myself. We did an iui in march and I just got my negative bloods today. We may or may not jump right into another cycle. The nurse is supposed to call me on Monday to discuss. I had fluid in my uterus on cd 10 when I triggered. So I'm worried I have an infection or maybe something wrong with my right and only tube. I'd like to get that addressed first I think. We're also going on vacation in april so if af doesn't show soon we might have to skip for that reason too. I stopped taking the progesterone last night so I'm just anxiously awaiting af to see what's next.

hi sprite - thanks for joining :) I'm sorry your last IUI didn't work out. I have never heard of fluid in the uterus before so I hope everything is okay :hugs: Keep us posted on what the doc says on Monday! we were thinking about doing a vacation for our anniversary which is April 11 but something told me hold off. Sure enough, the IUI might very well land on that exact day! I'm sick of planning my life around TTC, but what can you do. :shrug:

Hello ladies!
I hope iui works amazing for you all. I won't be doing one, I didn't think I would. I am starting clomid, 100mg for cd3-7. I'm very excited and my doctor is very determined to get my pregnant in 3 months. So although I'm not doing iui I would love to stick around if you don't mind.

hi mrs green :hugs: glad the RE appt went well - I'm hoping clomid alone can do the trick for you. stay on with us here and we will go through this cycle together! last I heard from you, you weren't ovulating - is that still the status? I'm thinking that this clomid is going to do the trick for you :)

BEE: I just finished my first IUI last Friday 3/18/16.
I went in for my blood work this morning, and I actually just heard back from the dr. my progesterone (7.1 and they want 10 or greater)is a little lower that what they like.
However I did ovulate. So I am now going to start taking a suppository. They told me to test next Thursday, to see if I am pregnant. I am praying and hoping this WILL work for my husband and I as we have been TTC for 3+ years now. I have PCOS and do not ovulate on my own. So they put me on 100mg of clomid and I did the ovidriel trigger shot once I had a follicle. Best wishes to you and myself.

I really hope you get your BFP bteague! Had your doc discussed femara with you? I know that they usually prescribe that for PCOS over clomid. if this cycle doesn't work, maybe that can help out? But looks like the progesterone being ordered should cover all of your bases and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

I will be doing an IUI in April as well. I've had 2 failed IVF's my RE think the stims are affecting egg quality and since I've gotten pregnant twice my body handles everything better internally.

My RE prefers to do injectibles so I will be doing menopur with an ovidrel trigger. I'm waiting for my period though since my ER was just Tuesday it may be up to two weeks of waiting. I hate waiting.

hi danser. I haven't seen you in awhile since that last TTC after a loss thread we were on together. I'm sorry to see you are also still TTC. had you never had an iui before? just skipped to IVF? hoping this is just what you need then. I've heard great things about the injectibles. the waiting game sucks - it's neverending. one wait ends and another begins. ugh. wishing you tons of luck too!

AFM starting spotting today so expecting AF tomorrow. Hate that this is all starting on the holiday weekend. that means that I'll have to get my meds Monday so I can start taking them right away and schedule my baseline ultrasound all Monday morning when they return my call. things feel like they are moving fast now and April 8 doesn't seem far away at all - eek!

So excited for all you ladies! I can't wait for some bfps even though it looks like Kate will be the first with starting next week!

Bee- sorry AF is starting on a holiday but I'm excited it's also starting your first iui cycle!
And yes still no ovulation. Occasionally I'll get fitted cross hairs but it's not very convincing and the RE said everything I described especially no positive opk means no Ov. But I am so positive I will get my beautiful rainbow bfp soon.

danser- it sounds like iui could really be the key for you!

Btea- hope it comes back next week as positive and you get your bfp!

Sprite- what would you have to do for fluid? It sounds painful.

So glad this group was made.....I'll also be having my IUI done in April. Just waiting on AF to show her face. I'll be doing Clomid 50mg I believe on days 3-7 along with a trigger shot.

Little background: Same sex as well as Kate26, will be using donor sperm. I'm 29 and I have a 10 yr old son.

These support groups are amazing and helps keep a little peace of mind knowing that you're not alone. Baby Dust to all 😍😘

Hi Beemeck - this is our first month ttc, was referred to the doctor here almost a year ago, finally got in in January and since then completed testing and started on the meds. Everything has come back good so far, I know realistically things can take a while but with the $1800/month cost just for sperm we are really hoping for some good luck!

Realfemme - is this your first attempt at iui? nice to have someone else in the same situation as me!

Hi Beemeck - this is our first month ttc, was referred to the doctor here almost a year ago, finally got in in January and since then completed testing and started on the meds. Everything has come back good so far, I know realistically things can take a while but with the $1800/month cost just for sperm we are really hoping for some good luck!

Realfemme - is this your first attempt at iui? nice to have someone else in the same situation as me!

I'm know right and yes this will be our first attempt. Which sperm bank are you using? And where do you live?

I live in Ontario, Canada. We are going through Xytex, our doctor does back to back iui's so with importing the 2 vials each cycle it is $1800. What about you?

I live in Washington, DC and we're using Seattle Sperm Bank. And what do you mean you're having back to back IUI's? Do you plan on using two vials at a time?

Two days in a row. Because of my age and all tests coming back good, my doctor said that he thinks we will be successful within first 3 months and won't need to switch to monitored cycles. We will just do at home OPK's, as soon as I get the positive we will go in at 10am each of the following two days and do an iui. I have read different things about whether or not more than one iui/cycle increases chance of success. Since timing is so important, and OPK's don't give an exact time you will actually ovulate, I figure it can't hurt and following the doctors advice.

Oh ok......we're doing things a little different. I'm going to be monitored because of my progesterone level so I'll be doing Clomid 50mg with prometrium and a trigger shot then the iui two days later. (Hopefully lol)

I think with trigger they can better predict the timing of ovulation so makes sense to just have the one insemination. Last month when I was starting meds and checking bloodwork to confirm ovulation I got a positive OPK on cd16, which will be this coming Thursday. Just want to get through this week. Can't even imagine how long the two weeks of waiting to test for pregnancy will feel!

Right lol.....My period isn't due til April 8th so this wait is just annoying. But I'm gone pray that it works for us on the first try. Fingers crossed and praying you get the BIG O 😊☺😉😎

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->