Spring/Summer IUI support thread

sorry to hear af got you bteague. fx for next cycle!

The only opk's you supposedly can take with fmu are the digis. All others say not to. I would stick with mid-day to evening. Or use both. Take a cheapie around 1pm and then a digi after dinner (or vice versa). I hate cheapies because I hate trying to decipher if the line is dark enough. A smiley face gives no doubt.

Aayla- that's why my doc insisted on digital. I'm sure lots of patients think they got a positive when it wasn't or vice versa.

bteague - so sorry about AF. Fingers crossed for this next cycle!

Mrsgreen - OPK's can be frustrating. Last month when I was just starting meds and then verifying I ovulated with bloodwork I used OPK's as well to get some practice with reading them, just used the cheapies. I got a very clear positive both times later at night, was told not to use FMU. My doctor said I could test twice a day, afternoon and night in case my surge was short.

As for me.. did my second IUI this morning so officially in the two week wait! Insemination went very smoothly again. Then I came home and got a call that my cousin, who is younger than me, and only with her boyfriend for the past 3 months just found out she is pregnant. Ugh! lol Just sucks how quick and easy..and often without even trying it is for other people. Still feeling positive about this first cycle for me. Been feeling a little bloated and achy in my stomach since yesterday but they said that is normal. Now just to get through these next two weeks!

bteague - I'm so sorry. :hugs: sending you hugs and lots of baby dust for next cycle! :hugs::hugs:

thank you maam. i am really hoping this next round works for us! AF has come with full force this month! she is not joking around. and i am hoping that might be a sign?!!?!?:haha:

bteague0421 - so sorry about this month, fx that next cycle is the one for you :thumbup:

Kate - yaay for the 2ww! Fx this is it :happydance:

Ugh AF hurry up :coffee:

Just a question, outside of your partners who else knows you're on this journey? We've chosen not to tell ours. I don't think we could deal with the pressure each month if it took a while. It's bad enough my friend is sooo excited to get started lol

Do you guys have a show called 'One Born Every Minute'? I watched an episode last night.. I cried, no bawled all the way through. :dohh:

novemberrayne - thank you! I'm so excited, I don't know how I will get through 2 weeks without testing early..we'll see how it goes! Both mine and my partners parents know that we are currently trying, as well as my best friend, some other family members know we are planning to try in the near future..we didn't give any exact details to anyone. I'm with you, didn't want the pressure, and also I don't plan on telling anyone until probably the end of the first trimester so if anyone asks we just say we are starting soon!

Everyone knows. I document my journey on facebook. I've talked about my hyperplasia and the struggle to lose weight; as well as the struggle with infertility. I talk about my doc visits if it is important or news changes. I didn't want to announce as soon as I did but that sort of spiraled out of control. I'm not opposed to announcing before 12 weeks but I barely found out before my sis told her work (which I used to work at so everyone knew me and my story) and when I told my dad my mom figured it was open season. :haha: My way of announcing was posting a pic that said, "I'm so crafty I make people." (I am a craft person so it suited me). and I waited to see how long people took to see it.

when I started to miscarry I didn't say anything until it was confirmed. I did a big post on facebook for it, mainly so that I didn't have to keep telling people individually. Which I did have to do a bit. I started talking to an old friend but we didn't friend each other on facebook. We went months again without talking and just last month she messaged me asking how my pregnancy was. It was hard to have to tell her.

After the miscarriage I did quiet down. There wasn't a lot more to say. But when we thought we had to do IUI I updated and I updated when we found out we didn't but chose to anyway and how I have to get my bmi back down. Now I post my daily workouts as that is my focus until we start up again.

I think when people know, especially if there are fertility issues, they tend to be more sensitive. They won't always tell you they are pregnant (like my ex coworker was going to tell me the day I announced my miscarriage but she kept quiet. I ended up figuring it out by pages she liked lol). Some understand more why you don't want to go to a baby shower, or aren't planning a vacation, or why you just can't be around their kids. Or if you were to be bump buddies. If you don't speak up people aren't aware of the pain you may be going through or the struggle.

Sure you are going to get all kinds of crap like "relax and it will happen." I don't know how many times I got this and how many times I had to explain that I didn't ovulate on my own and no amount of relaxing is just going to make that happen. Or explain to them that I wasn't stressed out. They equate your tracking and charting to stress.

but it's all individual and personal. In ways, particularly for straight couples, it's talking about your sex life. I never went into the nitty gritty of when I was ovulating. But I posted if it was negative. There are a few people who know the nitty gritty stuff, my mom, my sisters, my 2 best friends (1 guy and 1 girl).

Kate26- Yyyyyyeeeeeessss we're all in your corner.

NovemberRayne- we've only told my mother due to the circumstances but some of our friends know as well and people that know we're going down this road has asked questions but only get certain responses. I just don't like people in our business or asking too many questions about what's going on or what we're doing.

PS. I have never felt too much pressure. Usually I get it from my mom. She started to become that stereotypical Jewish / Greek mother questioning when I would give her grand babies. she's not Jewish or Greek btw so it was sort of weird :haha:

This is our #1 month TTC and this TWW is so long!! I'm 5dpo after iui 28th March (with stimulant injections and a trigger shot) I'm having a few different symptom but can't stop googling! Thinking positive but driving myself loopy with the wait!!
I've had back pains, head and ear aches, restless sleep and crazy dreams but thinks it's mainly down to the anxiety and waiting as it's far too early to tell. Also DR gave me progestrone tablets to take so think it could be side effects of those too.
Wishing you all the best*and lots of baby dust!!!

Also Sam sex couple - been with my wife for 10 years and married for 4������

Both the hcg from the trigger and the progesterone could be causing symptoms. Try not to symptom spot because of this. But I know how hard it is.

When do you test? Are you testing out the hcg or waiting until af is late?

We are taking a pregnancy test on 10dpiui (fri 8th April). I had several injections for stimulation and for blocking as I ovulated over the weekend so on sat 26th I took my trigger shot for the iui on 28th March - so it's changed my cycle a little bit.
I thought they would be the side effects �� it's v.hard not to symptom check!! But half way through the wait now.

MrsLJO - good luck with this cycle.. fx for your test date.

I'm sorry I can't add to all the treatment talk just yet. I've never done any of this before. I still haven't got a solid plan yet. So I'm still in limbo..

Good luck with your day two scan!! I hope you get the all clear and are able to go ahead with your iui!
We are using an unknown donor through our fertility clinic and came available quicker than we orginally thought. The our initial consultation was on Feb 25th so it's been a quick learning curve!
Fx for you!!

Thank you so much. If we are able to go ahead its going to be a quick learning curve too. The hospital won't let us do paperwork and bloods until the start of the IUI cycle. It's been a bit of a long process for us to get here so I'm super excited to finally start.

MrsLJo- Welcome hun and FX for you and your wife.

NovemberRayne- Has AF showed her ugly face yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->