Stabbing one-sided pain at 8 weeks

ssjad

Reaction score
Has anyone had this before? It feels like ovulation pain, or the twanging that happens early in pregnancy, but stronger.
There's no bleeding involved.
My concern is that this is my seventh pregnancy and I've never had this before. Certainly not this far into the pregnancy.
It's been going about 24 hours now and isn't getting worse, so hoping not an ectopic. It's definitely not gas, constipation or round ligament pain. Definitely is an ovarian type pain, very localised.
Anyone?

Yes, I had this at 9/10 weeks and that is exactly how I described it. My doctor said it was either nothing, a cyst, or, if it got worse, to the point I was doubled over in pain, to get to the hospital immediately as it was likely an ectopic pregnancy. Not very reassuring! But it did finally stop after about three days and has not been an issue since. We heard the heartbeat a few days after it stopped and all is well. Fingers crossed it is nothing for you too, but I know how scary it can be!

Ooh, thanks karalou. .. I had a funny feeling it might be a cyst but I don't know much about them... off to google now!

How are you feeling hun?

I have everything crossed for you but i would definitely get it checked out for reassurance...call the EPAU at your local hospital and tell them how far you are and that you have one sided pain and they should see you immediately. I don't want to scare you and i'm sure it's nothing but best ot be safe than sorry.

If it's any reassurance, i had an ectopic and had no one-sided pain at all..

Fingers crossed and let us know how you get on xx

Thank you!
Very fortunately it subsided on its on after about 48 hours.
I still don't know what it was, but I'm very glad it's gone!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->