stabbing pain under my right rib

surprise4th

Reaction score
I have this pain under right rib for at least a couple days now. Its getting worse and sitting is out of the question. Laying on my opposite side gives some relief but not for long. I am having my fourth pregnancy so I know how it feels when a baby is in the ribs. The baby is down lower so I don't think its a foot. Anyone else have this and if so how can I make it stop if even possible?

I've had it since 31 weeks and am bed bound with it :/ doctors have no idea what caused it but you should still get it looked at in case it isn't a rib but your liver or gall bladder or a clot. Good luck

I've recently found out my Dr is a butt and I'm really afraid to even call him. He always acts like I'm making up the pain I feel and tells me I'm a special case cause he's never heard of it before. I also have restless legs so bad I can barely sleep at night and now they affect me all day too!

I have had a similar pain since 26 weeks, at first I thought baby had bruised my ribs or something but it got worse and worse when sitting down. I have to sit really slouched over now and the pain has moved round to my back too this last few days!
It really is uncomfortable but seems there is nothing I can do about it. I hope it doesn't last so long for you, iv accepted its here to stay now :(

Pain in that area can be a sign of pre e and HELLP. Please report it to your doctor immediately or head to the ER.

I've had it off and onnfor a while and was told it was my ribs spreading to make room....this baby is chilling on my right side feet up,nhead down and really pushing things around.

As pp said. Pain under right rib can be a sign of Orr eclampsia. I would also urge you to be seen x

You definitely need to be seen. As someone who had pre-eclampsia I would urge you to make an urgent appointment as a sign is right rib pain

Thanx ladies! I've gotten to the point where I'm afraid to mention anything to the Dr cause be seems to think I'm just complaining. I was told going into this thar it would be complicated due to all my back pain already. I chose not to have an abortion even though the Dr said he recommended I do. I feel this is a blessing and I can't be selfish and so now seems the Dr is almost punishing me for not getting rid of her. I was trying to prevent pregnancy but obviously God had other plans. I don't think that means my medical issues should be ignored but I feel its too late to change Dr now . I have an appointment tomorrow and I'm dreading seeing the Dr

It could be liver issues. You need to call the doctor ASAP and have it checked out. You could be developing HELLP syndrome.

Sounds to me like you need to find yourself a new doctor.

The nurse said its probably just strained muscle and nothing they can do. Since its my fourth kid it makes things harder on my body and I just have to deal with it. My pain is Lao in my back same spot kinda wraps around and keep having hot flashes. No fever but where the pain is its a little darker than the rest of my body and swollen just in the spots under my right rib and my back. Had a small headache but it went away. I guess the nurse says unless I'm bleeding I'm fine. So here I sit laying on my side in pain. Thanks for all the help ladies

Really sorry :( if it's any consolation I literally feel your pain :hugs:

I have this along with upper back pain (occasional) and after a bit of googling it seems like it could be anything from a trapped nerve to a cracked rib, yaaay, lol.
I meant to mention it at my hospital appointment yesterday but they literally kept us waiting so long that we had to rush out for OH to get to work, and we were the only people in the waiting room for over an hour, annoying!
Anyway I read this somewhere else, might help!

"Rib pain can range from mild to extremely sore and tender ribs and is usually felt on the right side, just below the breasts. Mainly occurring in the third trimester, it can be more painful when sitting. Rib pain is caused from the uterus pressing into the abdomen, squashing your ribs, as well as baby kicking or punching the area. The only real ways to help here are to make yourself as comfortable as possible by wearing lose fitting clothes and supporting yourself with cushions when lying down. The pain will likely subside when baby drops (into your pelvic cavity) in preparation for birth. Here is a really effective exercise for temporary relief. Stand facing a wall. With your feet 40cms from the wall, cross your arms in front of your face. Then lean your crossed arms on the wall sliding them up the wall above your head and stretching yourself up as far as possible. Hold the position for as long as comfortable. This lifts the diaphragm and rib cage up"

Has anyone been prescribed Vicodin in any other pregnancy? Any good stories or bad?

Does anyone have good or bad stories on Vicodin prescribed with pregnany? I've Google's and read up on it but there are so many different stories. Anyone have stories on baby being fine? Thanx I'm curious about this

I don't know what vicodin is sorry. I imagine it is a US drug and I am in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"