Stabbing pelvic pain? Ectopic?

lilmisscaviar

2 girls, 3 boys
Reaction score
Hello, ladies!

I have been having this pain on the left side of my pelvis right above my pubic bone. It starts out as a sharp, stabbing pain that only lasts for a few minutes and then is followed by a constant dull ache in the same area that lasts for up to an hour. It keeps coming and going at random times. Has anyone else had this? I'm really hoping it is not ectopic.

To those who have had an ectopic pregnancy: what week were you when you found out it was ectopic? Did you have any unusual symptoms or was it a complete surprise? Also what were your hcg levels, if you knew them?

Thanks in advance!

I've had an ectopic. I had bleeding between week 6 & 7 had a scan and was told I'd definitely had a mc. Went back for 2 further scans over the course of a month and was discharged and told mc was complete.
When I would have been 13 weeks pregnant I suddenly had horrendous pain and rushed to A&E, it was only during surgery the next morning it was diagnosed as a ruptured ectopic with huge internal bleeding.
So for me, I had no pain until very late.

I fell pregnant 2 months later and had lots of pinching pains and niggles and am now 23 weeks :)

Thanks ladies for being reassuring :) Yazzy I'm so sorry you had to go through that... it must be hard to think about. I've had two losses which both ended in D&Cs and I know how devastating it feels :cry: I'm hoping it is just maybe a corpus luteum (sp?) cyst that was maybe a little larger this time than in my previous pregnancies. I won't know until I go to the doctor which won't be until I'm at least 6 weeks per hospital rules.

Hello, ladies!

I have been having this pain on the left side of my pelvis right above my pubic bone. It starts out as a sharp, stabbing pain that only lasts for a few minutes and then is followed by a constant dull ache in the same area that lasts for up to an hour. It keeps coming and going at random times. Has anyone else had this? I'm really hoping it is not ectopic.

To those who have had an ectopic pregnancy: what week were you when you found out it was ectopic? Did you have any unusual symptoms or was it a complete surprise? Also what were your hcg levels, if you knew them?

Thanks in advance!

Still having this pain and will be 6 weeks tomorrow. It is getting more frequent now. I wondered if anyone else was having this same pain?

I'm currently not pregnant, but I have a stabbing pain in the same area as you described. I just saw my doctor. Evidently, my cervix is bruised hahaha oops! Can you get an us to ease your concerns?

I'm not, but I would say please get this checked, ectopics can be so dangerous (I know you know) but ruling it out will help ease your mind !!!!!! Good luck and keep us updated!!!

I'm glad you are getting it checked out. I had to google the corpus luteum cyst as I hadn't heard about it before but it does sound like that's what it could be. Lots of good vibes, I really hope that's what it is!

I had these pains at the start, and went for an early scan baby was in the right place and everything was good strong heart beat :) I did bleed at weeks 4.8 & 11 but now I'm 28 weeks and all is good (fingers crossed) but the pains were like ovulation pain at the start just on my right side and that is the side he is always on :) so maybe was just baby burrowing deeper and deeper but do still get it checked out I did I had a few early scans at the start, congratualtions and good luck hun xx

i very much doubt that it is ectopic, im sure you would know something is wrong. i bled on and off for 3 weeks or more with awful period pains and then when it ruptured it was the most excruciating pain i couldnt even stand up. i also had no other usual pregnancy symptoms.

i had left pains at the beginning of this pregnancy and was closely monitored bcos of my history, but it was just a simple cyst that was leaking. do get checked out at the epau though to put your mind at rest.

Hi lovely,

Ive had 2 previous ectopics and with both had bleeding a couple of days after bfp and the pain was more towards my groin like someone was giving me a bad chinese burn!!

Hope all is ok xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"