Stage 2 food !!!!

Donna79x

Mummy to Rihanna Paige x
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Rihanna was 7 mths yesterday and over the last week or so I have kept trying her with Stage 2 food and she aint having none of it, she gags so much that she aint swallowing any so end up giving her Stage 1 again so she gets some food down her....

Is it normal for it to take a while?? Should I stick to Stage 1 for a while longer?

Thanks again x

it's because they get lazy. Babies have to work harder at stage 2 food, they can't just swallow it as they did with the puree. You need to stick at it really but becareful obviously. I found offereing a drink in the middle of the meal helped for my LO.

Daisy has been on lumpy food since about 5.5 months and she was a bit like that to start with, if you are using jars add a little bit of cooled boiled water to it and mash it up just a little bit more so it's kind of inbetween lumpy and smooth.

Does she have finger foods? this can get them used to having little lumps in their mouths and I found that buying the dried baby pasta stars and adding them to a stage one jar helped in the beginning too, they are alot smaller than the big lumps in the jars.

Daisy loved (and still loves) pasta stars added to the HIPP stage one pasta with ham and tomato sauce.

Hope this helps a wee bit! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->