staph infection

janbc06

Reaction score
So i've been getting these boils on my thighs most of this pregnancy, I just had one cultured and it came back as staph. My husband has got these for years and I'm just starting to get them. They said it isn't harmful at all to the baby but i'm just wondering if anyone else has this staph living on their skin and how to get rid of it.

I have never had one but both you AND your husband should get rid of it because it is very contagious.

I found some information online. It said to wash the area really well several times a day (like letting the skin soak in the soap). Apply a compress of alcohol or vinegar and cover with a light gauze. Try applying an ointment, like neosporin, to the site. And, of course, see your doctor because you might need antibiotics. Good luck and hope you feel better! :)

Actually everyone has staph living on their skin. Usually your body fights it off before it infects open areas of skin. Do not use neosporin on it unless your doctor told you to. Staph infections can turn into MRSA, which is an antibiotic resistant form of the infection. MRSA infections often require hospitalization and IV antibiotics for treatment. If he didnt prescribe you any antibiotics I would wait and see if your body fights off the infection, which is probably what your doctor is waiting for. It can easily turn into a more serious infection, like MRSA.
Brieanna is right, soap and water. No alcohol, neosporin, or vinegar though. You can use regular vaseline if it is itchy or draining and you have to cover it. Sorry if I sound rude, but I am a nurse and see these types of infections often. I would hate for this to turn into something worse so I just thought I would explain!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->