Start earlier or wait?

Cupcake11

Pregnant! :)
Reaction score
I have a worry that keeps pushing through in my head.

I havent had a period since sept, I have been to docs rencently andhad blood test, but they said they would contact me if anything showed up, and they havent so I think its clear. I will call tomorrow!

Anyway so i know i need to go back and see what the next step it. When I last went in, the doctor said it could be PCOS and I could have trouble concieving.

Hubby knows all this, but I fobbed it off saying i'm sure all will be fine as I didnt want him to worry, but I am worrying!

What if it takes us ages to concieve?! I watched my friend go through a 2 year battle to concieve and it was awful!

We got married last year, I am 25 in oct and hubby 27 next month. We have few hols this year booked all in europe last one being in oct.
We have mortgage on a one bed ground floor flat.

My worry is, that maybe we should get going sooner rather than later? We both want kids but were happy to wait at the mo, but can we really afford to risk that? or maybe we should at least start trying near our lat holiday!?

Its really stressing me out! :nope:

:hugs: sorry that u are feeling stressed, i think only u and ur OH really know the answer to that, u need to speak to ur OH about how much its worrying u though

I just dont want to worry him. I just imagine that what if we waited and then it didnt happen for us for years!?! There does seem to be something not quite right with me.
I know we arnt patically old, but we arnt patically young either!x

Just make sure your earlier on in your pregnancy so you can still fly for your last holiday! Im 24 this june and i worry that i am "running out of time" but then i look at other girls my age who are still trying to sort out their paths in life and i think im so lucky to have got married, bought my very own flat with this terrible econonmy and also got my degree. I focus on the things i have achieved for my age rather than not so help me relax about the babies i dont yet have
xxx

then why not NTNP? if it happens it happens then and takes the pressure off u abit. Im the same age as u so i know how u feel

I think the main reason stopping us is that we are still in a ine bed flat, and cant see us moving for the next year or 2, but then i think by time it takes to get pregnant then it isnt really and problem and the only thing that matters is that baby!

its all so confusing!x

Hey hun, I def agree with odd socks in that you should be honest with your oh about how much this is worrying you. Then I think you should speak to the doctor and try to figure out what the reason is for you not having a period. Whatever it turns out to be (hopefully nothing) it's better to be informed with all the facts. That way if it's confirmed you have pcos at least you know what your options are. If they say it might take you longer to conceive then perhaps you could start ntnp and see what happens. By the time you come to move house you may or may not be pregnant but you'd have gotten to know your body a bit by then and had that bit of a headstart.

On another note, my friend was diagnosed with severe pcos aged 27 and was told if she wanted kids to try asap as they were fairly certain she'd need ivf to conceive - she fell pregnant on her first cycle trying! So you never know. She's gone onto have 4 kids in total, all conceived within 5 months of trying so pcos doesn't always mean things will be difficult.

I hope you get everything sorted though and good luck!

X

I think only you and your OH can make that decision. You need to feel absolutely ready if you do start trying now though as you could catch straight away and have a baby in 9 months nobody could say how long it could take.

With the house situation if your room at the moment is big enough and you think you will be moving in a year or 2 it should be ok as you will be pregnant for 9 months then the baby will be in with you for quite a few months after that.

Good luck with your decision any way

I think the ladies are right you need to be honest with your OH, I know you don't want to worry him but I'm sure he'd want to go through whatever you are and it might make you less stressed sharing with him!

Although now I'm getting worried I'm 27 and although I'm seriously considering TTC I thought I still had loads of time, am I wrong?

I think the ladies are right you need to be honest with your OH, I know you don't want to worry him but I'm sure he'd want to go through whatever you are and it might make you less stressed sharing with him!

Although now I'm getting worried I'm 27 and although I'm seriously considering TTC I thought I still had loads of time, am I wrong?

Im almost 26 and worry to, i know "they say" over 30 it can be more difficult to get :bfp: although i know a few 30+ that have fallen pregnant within 6 months of trying, but i still stress about it and want to get trying ASAP :flower:

no not at all. I think if my periods were all fine and regular I wouldnt be worried about waiting till I was older, its just cause i think I may have trouble! You do it when you feel right hun, you're not old!!xx

its ok hun, ive not had a period since august 2009!
if it doesn tshow up by june 2011 were gonna just NTNP that way it wont be so stressful hopefully we'll be ok.
you're not alone xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->