Start of a BFP or chemical? UPDATE! Pg 3!!

BSelck24

Pregnant with Baby #4!!!
Reaction score
Hey ladies! So I tested on Sunday, April 17th and Monday, April 18th at 10 and 11 DPO and both were BFN.

I waited until today when AF was due at 14dpo and got a very faint BFP!!

I'm excited, but worried that it is so light for 14dpo?? My last cycle I got a BFP at 10dpo and it was wayyy darker at 14dpo. Do you think this is the sign of a chemical pregnancy!

Let me know what you see from the pic as I know it's hard to capture, and let me know if anyone has had this faint of a BFP on 14dpo!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 106
You may have ovulated later than you thought. Looks like the start of a bfp to me!

Little bit of a different angle...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 70
I think it's the start of a bfp. I've heard bfp stories where women didn't get their positive til the day their period was due or even 17 dpo and they charted and knew their o time. Hope it darkens up by the morning for you!

Thanks Catiren! That gives me hope!

I didn't get my bfp until 16dpo and at 7w2d everything seems to be okay! Congrats xx

OH malia thank you so much for your story!! Congrats on your pregnancy!!

Oh yes I can see that. Hope it darkens up over next few days. Expected implantation days are 6-12 DPO with most common being 9DPO. It generally takes a few days after implantation for lines to show on tests. So if you implanted on the late side a light BFP at 14dpo is OK. I guess its how it darkens that's the main thing.

Keep updating us! Keep posirive

I've had a few chemicals, in my experience I get the positive about 10dpo the. It fades from there. I got my BFP at 13dpo with Sophie and it was so faint! That was a day after my period was due.

Back in Aug i got my light bfp at 13dpo. On 14dpo my hcg was at 14. Which is what it would be if I implanted at 6dpo and started at 1hcg and doubled every 48 hours. Doc called and said I was pregnant and it was in normal range. While it did end in a mc it wasn't until I was nearly 6 weeks.

I think there are a variety of factors to think of. Implantation day is one, the liklihood your hcg started at 1, the sensitivity of the test. While frer are the most sensitive only some were known to have a sensitivity of 6miu. Most are at least 10miu. And some could be higher. Also how long it took for egg and sperm to meet. The egg stays there for 24 hours and it can take the sperm up to 12 hours to get up there (assuming there weren't some waiting).

Test in a couple of days and you should see some progression.

My friend had a very faint BFP at 14 dpo ! Hope this is it for you :)

Thanks ladies! Your support means a lot! Of course I ended up googling "faint BFPs at 14dpo" and found out that the first response "rapid result" has a much higher HCG detection (some said 50, others said 100) so I went out tonight and bought the regular FRER which starts detecting at 25 and will test with that in the morning! We shall see if that makes a difference!

B! I see your line!! Looks like the start of a bfp!!! So excited for you and I can't wait to see your other tests!!! 😊

I've never gotten a bfp before AF in any of my successful pregnancies. This pregnancy I was 17dpo. Had a negative blood test at 13dpo and stark white bfn's at 14dpo. I chart/temp and confirm with opk's so know exactly when I o'd. Guess I just implant late. All 9 of my chemicals were early bfps! Your test looks great, good luck!

Thanks ladies! Your support means a lot! Of course I ended up googling "faint BFPs at 14dpo" and found out that the first response "rapid result" has a much higher HCG detection (some said 50, others said 100) so I went out tonight and bought the regular FRER which starts detecting at 25 and will test with that in the morning! We shall see if that makes a difference!

How did it go?

B! I see your line!! Looks like the start of a bfp!!! So excited for you and I can't wait to see your other tests!!! 😊

Lulu!! So glad to see you on here, I've been thinking of you! Thanks girl!

I've never gotten a bfp before AF in any of my successful pregnancies. This pregnancy I was 17dpo. Had a negative blood test at 13dpo and stark white bfn's at 14dpo. I chart/temp and confirm with opk's so know exactly when I o'd. Guess I just implant late. All 9 of my chemicals were early bfps! Your test looks great, good luck!

Maryanne- wow how interesting! It just proves early BFPs are not needed to have a successful pregnancy! Thank you for sharing!!

I'm just about to take my step daughter to school and then after that I will be testing again! I will post the pic right away!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->