Start of a miscarriage? :(

branham22

Reaction score
When I was 5 weeks I was having some light pink spotting. Went to ER, and was put on an antibodic for a uti. They drew my blood and checked to see if my hormones were doubling and they did. I had a doctor appointment last Thursday (5w4d) and had an ultrasound. They saw the gestational sac and that was all. My doctor was not concerned and said that is what he expects to see that far along.

Yesterday I was SOO bloated! And I felt confident about this pregnancy. Then, this morning, I went to the bathroom and have light pink spotting when I wipe 😢 I am having slight cramping but idk if it's because I'm still bloated and/or because I'm constipated. Sorry tmi! I have no idea what to think! What do you guys think? I go back to the doctor today for another ultrasound and I am so nervous.

Light pink spotting is okay as long as you aren't having pain with it. It's heavy bleeding like a period you want to keep an eye on. And with all of my pregnancies both good and bad I had slight cramping on and off in the early weeks.

With my daughter and this current pregnancy at around week 6 I spotted light brown but everything turned out fine.

With my two chemicals (4 1/2 weeks and 5 1/2 weeks) within 24 hours of starting to spot pink my period came on hard. With my BO I spotted red the day before we went in for a scan. (10 weeks) and when I knew there was no baby within 30 hours I bled real heavy bright red blood.

I wish you the best of luck and please keep us updated. *hugs*

Just left the doctor. I was feeling good about everything and then after talking to the dr I dont.
I got another ultrasound and the gestational sac has gotten bigger and there is a yoak sac now. So that is good. But when the tech pulled the wand from the transvaginal ultrasound out, it has red blood on it. When the doctor came in he said if I was really 6w1d we would see a heartbeat now. And said I'm either not as far as I think or I am going to have a miscarriage. I am getting my blood levels checked now and again Wednesday. And if they go up, he is going to schedule me for another ultrasound later this week. I am so scared...

*hugs* Hoping for the best for you. And at 6w 1d you may or may not see a heartbeat yet. My doctor doesn't like doing scans before 8 weeks (he will do a few days before but has to be close to 8w). Do you know for sure when you ovulated (temping, opk's, etc.). Cause for me I ovulate on day 22 so a week out of what is 'norm' and when doctor thought I was 7w 4d I was only 6w 5d.

I hope your numbers are going up and you'll have relief later this week.

The blood could be from your cervix being irritated. I don't think it takes much when you're pregnant to irritate it bc it's so full of blood vessels. At 6w1d, it's iffy if you'll see a hb. If the gest sac grew the appropriate amount since last ultrasound, then that's good news. I wish you the best and hope it all turns out okay. I know you must be scared.

I didnt see a heartbeat with my daughter till 7 weeks...

Sorry you're going through this :hugs:
I had brown spotting at 6-7 weeks but no cramping. The doctor said unless it filled a pad or I was having severe cramps then not to worry. It turned out that I had a SCH but it sounds like your cervix may be irritated.
I'm not trying to instill false hope but I had a scan at 6+3 because of the bleeding and no heartbeat was seen then, at all, so it's definitely not too early. Hopefully you get to see the HB very soon!
P.s even after all the bleeding scares I had, I now have a perfectly healthy 33wk daughter, who is kicking the hell out of me right now :)

i thought it was normal to have slight spotting from a cervical swab or internal ultrasound? i spotted twice in week 5 but it was tan colored and it did not ever go pink, brown, or red. one time i spotted all day long and the other time i only spotted for about two hours or less. the first time was caused by sexual activity and the second one was caused by my uterus growing. i was so worried though so i went to the doctor and he told me he has no reason to believe im not going to have a normal healthy pregnancy because he said my chances of anything bad were very slim, so that did make me feel better. i got my first ultrasound at 8 weeks 6 days but i had to ask for it. when i had my internal ultrasound i did not have any spotting though. i hope everything goes well for you and im sorry you're going through it. sending positive vibes your way!

Thanks for all the help! Called the doctor to see if they had today's blood work in. When I got it checked last Tuesday it came back at 1,210. And when I got it checked today it came back at over 11,000! Yay! So it more than doubled over the past 6 days. Doctor is happy with it and I get rechecked Wednesday.

Fab news about your bloods I'm sure at your next scan you will see baby with a heartbeat. I've had spotting in 2 of my pregnancies both caused by a SCH and it's always stopped after a day or 2. My miscarriages have always gone from spotting to heavy bleeding with excruciating cramps.

Lots of women spot for no reason too it could be hormonal or as someone said the cervix being irritated. X

Yay yay yay!!!! For you.,.,, I was worried reading ur other message, didn't know what to reply!!!! I am so glad ur bloods came up super doubled!!!! ����������

Just an update: The spotting got a little darker for a few hours after my transvaginal ultrasound yesterday- but never made it to my undies and it was mixed with my cm (sorry tmi!). But after that it got very light again and It has stopped since last night! :) FX'd it stays away! If I was having a mc would the spotting stop like that? Or would it be continuous?

Hun I'm in the same boat but my doctor hasn't thrown the world MC at me! I went to E.R for same pinkish discharge. I had an early scan at 5 weeks 3 days she said before she even started there was a chance we would see nothing this early we did see the gest sac and yolk sac and by measurements I was 1 day ahead so 5 weeks 4 days! The doc did a pelvic exam and said I had a red spot of my cervix that is irritated but that its not coming from above or dripping so everything's fine just cervix are sensitive during pregnancy! My numbers also double Friday they were 4,434 and sunday 8,624 (which they aren't even suppose to double in 48 at this high they are suppose to double every 4 days so that was relieving) I'm still very nervous for monday but trying to get my excitement back! I'm pregnant right now and thats what matters! Cant wait for you update I hope everything is great and you see a little fetal pole! :)

Thanks everyone! I'm going to go get my second beta done here in a little bit. Then wait to talk to the doctor tomorrow over the phone and see what he wants to do. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers!

Here's an update everyone:
As you know my hcg levels on Monday were 11,250 and they more than doubled from the week prior! I got them drawn again yesterday and they came back at 16,000+. So they didn't double. Is that ok? My doctor is happy that they are rising. I'm just worried that they aren't doubling. My spotting is still gone too.

yes the number sounds fine. Once they hit a certain number they can take 3-5 days to double.

That's good, in the thousands they don't double as quickly.

As for the hb, I didn't see my little girls until almost seven weeks, even a day or two can be the difference between seeing a hb or not at this stage x

The higher they get the slower they are to double as someone said above like they should take 5 days to double instead of 2!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->