Start of Something? Advice Please!

tallemgirl

Reaction score
So yesterday I was sitting on the couch, watching TV when all of the sudden I got these EXTREME period like pains that would go away after about a minute of being there but like 5 minutes, come back. I don't really know how to explain them, but they hurt so so so bad. Then later that night, I was out to dinner with family and when I went to the bathroom, I discovered I had lost my plug. It wasn't blood tinged or anything, but it was definitely my plug. Then throughout the night, I kept getting sharp pains in my cervix area whenever I would move, or whenever LO would move. I also kept waking up because even though I'm on medication to keep contractions away, the contractions seemed to be getting stronger and reaching around to my back more.

Does this seem like actual labor is starting?
Because I've already had the shots for LO's lungs, they won't try to stop labor anymore, so I want to know if you all think I should be getting ready to go in, seeing as I don't have my hospital bag packed yet :blush:

What do you think?

Try getting in the bath for an hour (mw told me this today) she said if the contractions continue to be 3 times in 10 minutes for an hour and a half and last 50 secs then that is true labour.
Hope that helps Hun x

Try getting in the bath for an hour (mw told me this today) she said if the contractions continue to be 3 times in 10 minutes for an hour and a half and last 50 secs then that is true labour.
Hope that helps Hun x

I wish I could fit in my bathtub :( I'm 6'1" all leg, so I don't fit :( and when I try, my bump doesn't even touch the water :cry:

I'll try a warm shower though. Thanks for the advice :):thumbup:

I would just give labour ward a call hun to be on the safe side, They will ask you to come in if they are at all worried. Good luck!!

xx

Hope that helps Hun x

I wish I could fit in my bathtub :( I'm 6'1" all leg, so I don't fit :( and when I try, my bump doesn't even touch the water :cry:

I feel your pain, I have 2 bath tubs in the house, neither if them is big enough to cover my bump...I feel so frustrated!!:cry:

Hope that helps Hun x

I feel your pain, I have 2 bath tubs in the house, neither if them is big enough to cover my bump...I feel so frustrated!!:cry:

Exactly! It doesn't help if it doesn't cover whats hurting :(
And showers don't help much, since my contractions get worse when I'm standing up and that's what you have to do in the shower.... ugh.

i wud go and get checked to b on the safe side ur still early hun best for bubs to stay put for another few wks. i had my show at 32 wks and had contracsions but all fizzled out and im still goin ill b 40wks on thursday i wud still go an get checked out tho hun xx good luck xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->