Started a registry...and cried tears of terror!

gigglebox

My husband only makes y sperm
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I love my Bun in the over and want nothing more than for him to be a happy and healthy baby. With that said...

I started my registry early so I could get it out of the way and have it ready for Christmas...oh, my, god. We already have over 30 things on the registry and I'm not even close to being done! The entire experience was very overwhelming and I ended up crying when I got home :dohh:

I think it all just hit me about how much work everything is going to be and how life altering. Can you tell this is my first? haha..heh...eh.

I'm a little better now after talking to hubby and having him assure me that we'll be ok...but still..anyone able to ease my fears a little more?

When I first got pregnant, I went round the internet for lists of things to buy. I had a huge list and everything was so expensive. I'm unemployed so it scared the life out of me. Especially prams and cots and things like that. Now, at 17 weeks. All I need is my cot and pram. Which family are buying. If you take your time, it's not that daunting. :D

It's very overwhelming. Just make sure you direct all of your friends and family to your list right away and tell them that is what you guys want for Christmas too - that will help alot if you can get some things before your shower. You should make a point to buy a few things from the list yourself from every paycheck too. That's what we've been doing. We actually started doing this in September because I knew it was all going to come too soon - it always does! Get your expensive items out of the way as soon as possible - the essentials - like carseat and a place for baby to sleep - bottles if you need them, etc. Just chip away at it a piece at a time!

DH and I just went to register at babies r us... Totally felt out of my element and the prices!! Omg!! $150 for a bouncer?! I can't ask for that for my registry! We ended up with only 21 items as I'm registering at target and maybe walmart so people have options as there isn't a babies r us near a lot of my family. I'm a bargain hunter and so is my mom and family so sticker shock really took some of the fun out of it plus I didn't research a lot of the products and review :(

I have had to buy basically everything over again because my kiddos will be over 6 year apart in age, and due to standards here I can't use my old stuff.

When I was pregnant with my daughter I had a huge list but I broke it down and what really helped was having some awesome ladies really tell me what I needed and not what babiesrus says I need.

I tackled the big items first. I knew for me if I got all those first I could relax more. After that I broke up the list even further by different needs and when I would need those items. Anything that I wouldn't need from 0-3months I didn't bother with until the end of my list. I had everything completed and waiting for baby by the time I was 28 weeks. I am so very anal. lol

DH and I just went to register at babies r us... Totally felt out of my element and the prices!! Omg!! $150 for a bouncer?! I can't ask for that for my registry! We ended up with only 21 items as I'm registering at target and maybe walmart so people have options as there isn't a babies r us near a lot of my family. I'm a bargain hunter and so is my mom and family so sticker shock really took some of the fun out of it plus I didn't research a lot of the products and review :(

Yeah some things are expensive but I added them anyway. I wasn't going to and mentioned it at work and got told by all the older ladies that its a good idea to have some higher priced items for people that want to go in on a present together (Like people from the office, or maybe a whole family!). They were right about that too, usually when my mom, sister and I are invited to a shower we will split on a larger item rather than getting three smaller gifts. The only things I didn't add to my registry is the crib, dresser, glider and travel system. I felt those were way too expensive to add.

I registered at walmart first and then went on to babie's r us and wow babies r us is way to expensive I feel their prices are twice that of walmart's plus their are walmarts every where. i have stuck with just walmart. it took me a week to do my whole registry I have no idea how many items are on there!

I registered at Babies R us and target.. My family looked at what I wanted and my sister and sis in law both got my gifts on Amazon.com...cheaper :)

Oh honey, I did that too. It can be very overwhelming to realize how much a little person needs. But like the others have said, take it bit by bit and it wont be too bad.

I just registered at Target yesterday and found out that afterwards, you get a Welcome Baby pack full of samples and coupons. Make sure to check that out..it helps seeing that tiny little newborn diaper! :)

My DH said if I liked it, scan it but to me asking for so many big items is greedy... However there is the 10% off coupon for unpurchased items so I put a glider and crib on our target one.

I'll be making a list of priorities so I don't get overwhelmed. I know I'll get a ton of clothes at my shower and I love going to yard sales for barely used if used at all toys and clothes.

Thank you everyone, you have helped ease my fears about the registry...our little bun is due at the start of Spring so I'll be happy to go to some yard sales around then for some of the things I don't get off the registry. Also, for ladies in the US, try Craigslist. I haven't ever gotten anything baby related from it but I've got a lot of great finds in my house thanks to it.

Now...does anyone have any suggestions on easing my fears about being a mother? Eeep! I keep going back and forth between excitement and pure fear! I would love to hear from first time moms-to-be and those that already have a kiddo or two under her belt...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->