Started bleeding 5+3. Gutted. What to do?

Sammy1

Reaction score
As the title says. Bright red fresh blood and lower cramps. Too early for early pregnancy unit- they won't even see before 6 weeks. Don't know what to do!

Don't panic. I have known people to bleed at this stage and go on to have a successful pregnancy. I've unfortunately had three losses at around your stage and whilst the EPU have only scanned me once (when I was 6+weeks) they have always been happy to advise and have been pretty reassuring even when I've had red blood and cramping. Their advice to me was to wait until the bleeding stops and then do a pregnancy test. I will keep everything crossed that your bleeding stops soon. Sorry you're going through this.

im so sorry i tested with a pregnancy test over the coarse of a week until they where negative :(

Thanks ladies. Rang epau who were really helpful and picked up on my anxiety. They have kindly booked me an appt for Friday morning at 9am. They are aware it might be too early to see anything on USS but they will do hcg levels. Now have to get through the next 36 hours until my appointment x

I'm so sorry I really hope it stops soon for you. I think all you can do is take a test every few days and see what happens to the line. Rubbish advice I know :hugs:

Sorry to hear you are going through this :hugs: Yes, if you take a pregnancy test and the line looks much lighter than your last test then it is usually bad news. If the line is darker then things could be fine, I know of lots of ladies that have had early pregnancy bleeding with everything being fine. Good luck with your appointment on Friday. Xxx

With my DD I had a subchronic hematoma and bled from 6w to 11w. I had 2 instances of bright red and went to the ER both times. Fingers crossed for you. :hugs:

Have you tried testing to see if there is change in lines? So sorry you are going through this. Hugs and fingers crossed!

Thanks everyone. Tested this morning and still a dark line, darker than control. But still bleeding. 9am tmrw can't come quickly enough!

Thanks ladies. Love the support of this group! So nice to have someone to talk to about my worries. I promise to update you all first thing tmrw after my scan and bloods xx

I have bled loads. Two instances of heavy bleeding bright red. Then bright red spotting for most of my pregnancy so far. From 4 weeks to now, though it has slowed down.

It can go either way whenever there is bleeding. Fingers are crossed for you :)

This morning test still dark and cb still 3+ weeks- surely that is a good sign??? X

Attachments

• 20170929_053542.jpg
    20170929_053542.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 22
Good luck today I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Great results on the clearblue btw

Good luck! Those are great tests. :thumbup: xxx

Thank you everyone. 5+5 today and an empty sac was seen only. This was transvaginal too. Nothing at all inside. Not sure if I should be worried or not! They are rescanning me in 2 weeks- I also insisted on them doing a hcg today but awaiting that result xx

Thank you everyone. 5+5 today and an empty sac was seen only. This was transvaginal too. Nothing at all inside. Not sure if I should be worried or not! They are rescanning me in 2 weeks- I also insisted on them doing a hcg today but awaiting that result xx

With my daughter I had an empty sac at 6 weeks! Development can be so different at this stage which is why they don't normally scan before 7 weeks. There is still hope! :hugs: Goodluck with the hcg test. xxx

Thanks everyone. Hcg is 8193- not sure if that is good or bad?! Getting a repeat on sunday xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->