Started bleeding, very worried, help please.

enrisa

Reaction score
Hi. I started bleeding today. I called the doctor and he told me better to stay at home and bedrest than going to the hospital.
It was a bit of bleeding, like the beginning of period. I have very mild cramping.
If it is miscarriage, would I start bleeding heavier short afterwards? Or can it last days?
I feel lost and worried.

How many weeks are you? I had some light spotting at 4 and 5 weeks which eased after a couple of days.

When I had my Mc I started bleeding in the early afternoon and by that night it was pretty heavy and I went to the e.r where they confirmed with low hcg numbers. I think it can vary though. I've bled in all three pregnancies for multiple reasons. If it continues after you've rested a while I would call and ask to be seen. It helps to have some answers rather than think the worst. Hope it stops soon for you!

As babybloo says if I were you and it continues I'd ask to be seen and probably scanned.

I had bleeding last week at 10+4 felt like the beginning of my period with really bad cramps. I had a scan and baby was just fine wriggling around, I had a follow up scan yesterday and again baby was doing just fine. It's not always bad news you may have possibly just overdone it. Feet up and rest. Fingers crossed xxx

I bled in this pregnancy and in my last. Also with some cramps it's fine. Hopefully the best will come of this!!

I had bleeding in the first tri with both of my pregnancies. It was a light pink spotting with some mucus and brown mixed in. It lasted almost two weeks with DD2. I can't offer much advice on the MC part Sorry hun. Good luck and I hope everything is ok :hugs:.

I'm 5+ 6 days and I've had bleeding last week and this week. Today I actally went to the rr to make sure everything was ok. The baby is doing just fine and my HCG levels are in normal range. She said the bleeding could just be from the baby attaching and growing. She said long as there is no pain and bright red bleeding then there's nothing to worry about!

It could be a subchorionic hemorrhage which is very common.
I had bleeding from weeks 11-13 and was diagnosed with a large subchorionic hemorrhage.
I was on pelvic rest and ordered to take it easy and not lift anything and 2 weeks later it was almost gone
Baby was perfectly healthy the whole time.
As long as it stays light, it shouldn't be a huge issue and try not to worry too much (WAAAAAY easier said than done, I know)
Bit definitely book a scan as soon as possible so they can determine what's causing it and if you need to take it easy.
Good luck!
Most light bleeds end up sorting themselves out :)

Thanks everybody for all your answers. I bled in the evening, and I haven´t bled since. It is the morning now. I have some mild cramping though. Bleeding was bright red.
I am taking progesterone to prevent.
I am very worried but your answers make me feel better.
I will be 42 next week, chances of miscarriage are higher.
I have a scan booked for Tuesday. Fingers x

:flower:

Good luck, hun. I had my first baby at age 46, and I bled with her. During week 7 I bled bright red for a number of hours and had horrid cramping for over 2 hours before it eased. I thought for sure I had miscarried, or at least started to miscarry, but a scan the following week showed baby was fine, and my OB couldn't figure out where the bleeding came from. I hope you get good news on your next scan.

I had bleeding from weeks 11-13 and was diagnosed with a large subchorionic hemorrhage.
I was on pelvic rest and ordered to take it easy and not lift anything and 2 weeks later it was almost gone
As long as it stays light, it shouldn't be a huge issue and try not to worry too much (WAAAAAY easier said than done, I know)
Bit definitely book a scan as soon as possible so they can determine what's causing it and if you need to take it easy.
Good luck!

It is what you said. I was so worried that I went to ER, and had a scan. It is an hematoma. Doctor told me to bed rest. Baby is fine.

Happy to hear baby is doing well! That is great news! Just take it easy.

Good luck!

It is what you said. I was so worried that I went to ER, and had a scan. It is an hematoma. Doctor told me to bed rest. Baby is fine.

Oh good!!! Lots of rest!!! Not a bad thing ;)

Glad to hear baby is doing well!! :hugs:

I'm a SCH success story and there's many others! Take it very very easy and it will resolve within the coming weeks. For these, bleeding is actually not too bad. My doctor said every time I bled, I was bleeding g out more of the hemorrhage.
Otherwise, it's kind of an annoying waiting game :/
Good luck and glad baby is healthy and sticking!

I'm a SCH success story and there's many others! Take it very very easy and it will resolve within the coming weeks. For these, bleeding is actually not too bad. My doctor said every time I bled, I was bleeding g out more of the hemorrhage.
Otherwise, it's kind of an annoying waiting game :/
Good luck and glad baby is healthy and sticking!

Really? Because I haven´t bled again. It is all inside then! :wacko:

I had a Hematoma during early pregnancy as well. Started bright red bleeding (though no cramps) around 10pm and by next morning it was mostly dark spotting. I had an ultrasound that morning as well and the spotting tapered off and after a week of resting the hematoma had gotten significantly smaller and by my next appointment it was complete gone.

Take it easy now and keep taking the progesterone but don't worry too much, you've seen that baby is fine :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->