• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Started Charting.

Fadetoblack

Reaction score
We starting charting BBT this month. It looks to be all over the place. Not a good sign i dont think. one day its 97.4 then up to 97.9 then back down to 97.2. Just strange. I fear ovulation is not taking place inbetween periods.

Will it be noticable in temperature. Lets say all the temps have been in the 97 range. After ovulation could they all be in the 98 range?

Might start taking vitex to increase chances of ovulation

Hi there!

I've heard that many ladies who has a chart that resembles mountains and valleys change over from oral temping to vaginal temping.

I only did oral temping for a week before reading that vaginal temping is much more accurate (especially if you sleep with your mouth open) and changed over to vaginal temping.

I think if you keep the thermometer in for five minutes (no matter where you temp), it should give a more flowing chart and get rid of the ups and downs.

If however you have been doing it this way then I'm afraid I have no idea what could be causing the spikes and dips - except if you had a head cold?

Anyway, good luck and I hope that you get your desired results very soon! :hugs:

Oh, and yes. Temps rise after ovulation. If you use FertilityFriend, you will find that after 3 high temps, they put crosshairs on the day before the first high(er) temp which is your O date - unfortunately, temping will only show you that you have already o'ed, it won't warn you that O is coming.

Fertility friend also has helpful videos on charting. They say charting is based on your on individual pattern. I vaginal temp as well and never done oral because I am a mouth breather.

fertility friend has not put a cross hair in yet. Day 15 of cycle. ( irregular periods ) Clear blue has been flashing high fertility for 5 days now. I guess we will keep bding and hope ovulation occurs in the next few days.

Well, first of all, if you are having periods at all, then you SHOULD be ovulating. There are some rare cases where you still have "periods" if you don't but they would be highly irregular. (like 30 one month, 65 the next) So, my initial assumption is that if you are having periods, you are, in fact, ovulating.

I have been temping for almost 2 years now, so I consider myself somewhat knowledgeable in this area. :p

When I first got started, it was the same thing, I had mountains all over the place. Part of it I think was just due to recently being off BC and so on,t he other part was that I probably wasn't doing it right. First rule of temping is to choose one method of temping and stick to it, never change. I have always done it orally, despite being a mouth breather and I haven't had an issue with it. I can still pinpoint ovulation with no issue.

Second rule, always and I mean ALWAYS, without fail, take your temp at the EXACT same time each day. I tend to get up at random times (especially now that I am unemployed/working freelance) so I take my temp at 6am, 7 days a week. Then I go back to sleep. I would suggest doing the same. Pick a time that is earlier than you would ever normally get up (but still 3-4 hours after bedtime).

Third is when you temp, you can not move, not even to get the thermometer, so it keep it really close to you. Within arms reach. Moving affects your temp. Also, be sure you arent drinking water or anything first, that also affects it.

Other than that, things like drinking the night before, or restless sleep or being sick will affect temps as well. So, I tend not to temp during those times because it's never going to be an accurate temp.

I have read you can get ur period every month and still not be ovulating

My Fertility doctor says the opposite.

The bleeding women experience from that is called estrogen breakthrough bleeding. Its not an actual period. You'll know it because it'll be extremely light compared to a normal period and maybe only lasts 1 or 2 days. That's why I said you might experience "periods".

I can tell you though from experience, I did not ovulate for six months and in that time I also didnt get a period.

Ok thank you.

Now to figure out why we are on days 6
Of a flashing smile

Well put bee bee. I also didn't ovulate for 6 months cause i didnt get a period for 6 months. My re said the same if you get period you will ovulate. A friend of mine was like me and got AF twice a yr, on her second AF that yr she tracked her O day and got her BFP.

Today is day 8 and and finally a solid smile for peak. Alsoooo lowest body temp yet. Wonder if this is the dip in body temp right before ovulation!?

Time to get busy tonight!

Yes, the day your temp drops significantly, is generally your o day, keep bding until ff gives you crosshairs.

Today is day 8 and and finally a solid smile for peak. Alsoooo lowest body temp yet. Wonder if this is the dip in body temp right before ovulation!?

Time to get busy tonight!

Could be! :) Will take a few more days of temps to be sure. But thats always a good first sign and a good hint to BD a bunch :p

Maybe not :(. Temp only rose .2 degrees today from yesterday

The rise doesnt always happen fast. If you look at my chart, I generally have 2 temps before I get into my temp rise. Mine also only rose .2 the day after O.

As long as its going up you are still doing well. Tomorrows temp will be a good sign as to whether you O'd or not. :)

This is the chart we are dealing with. I know all over the place!

Did have some slight pain near ovaries yesterday so possible ovulation yesterday ( Monday ). Opk showed peak on Sunday morning.

Guess will keep an eye on temps the next few days

https://i57.tinypic.com/2wfolqa.jpg

Still no ovulation I don't think. Just a funky chart

https://i57.tinypic.com/29dhk5l.jpg

these are the irregular periods.

10/30/13 - 44 days
12/2/12 - 33days
2/3/13 - 63 days
3/23/14 - 48 days
5/3/14 - 41 days
6/8/14 - 37 days
7/18/14 - 40 days
8/21/14 - 34 days
9/27/14 - 37 days
10/28/14 - 31 days
12/13/14 - 36 days
2/2/15 - 51 days
3/6/15 ( current cycle ) ( period induced with progesterone , Progesterone challenge )

My chart looked similar! It was up and down and all over the place (followed all the rules-- same time, didn't move, thermometer in arms reach). My periods are very irregular. After talking to my doctor, she said I'd have better luck with OPKs. SO, I quit temping. Good luck, though! Hopefully you'll see a pattern soon!

so your doctor told you to use opks even though you can have a lh surge and not actually ovulate until a later time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"