Started trying straight after loss - where are we now

Hi Dodger! :flower: Whens the next bloods? Must be sooooo close now!

Next bloods are on Tuesday. I did another hpt last night and it took the full time to even show up and was definitely barely there! So I'd say I'm getting very close and I'm hoping that I might even get a negative hpt this weekend!

lozdi, im gna get a test myself today and then ill get them to test in hospital 2morrow just to be sure.

dodgercpkl, do u no i could b ovulating, cuz i didnt hav any of these ovulating pains all month...after this af im def gna get opks bcuz i hav pcos so i dont no wen or even if i do o each month...

Do you temp at all? I have pcos as well and while I know some ladies with pcos swear by opks, I never had any luck with them. But by temping I am able to tell if I'm ovulating or not. The signs sound very much like it could just be late ovulation so it wouldn't surprise me! :)

Just saying hello to Filipenko, who hopefully will be along in a mo to see what we've been gassing about here!

I'm giggling to myself at how many threads I am now flicking back and forth too and still seeing our wonderful bunch of friends :)
We seem to be slowly taking over the B&B forum lol! xxxx

Ooops! I'm almost late to school! Back in a bit *gets all road runner*

I'm giggling to myself at how many threads I am now flicking back and forth too and still seeing our wonderful bunch of friends :)

Me too, I love having these little mini support networks. Makes me feel like I don't have to dump things on my friends irl.

Hi Dodger! :flower: Whens the next bloods? Must be sooooo close now!

Next bloods are on Tuesday. I did another hpt last night and it took the full time to even show up and was definitely barely there! So I'd say I'm getting very close and I'm hoping that I might even get a negative hpt this weekend!

lozdi, im gna get a test myself today and then ill get them to test in hospital 2morrow just to be sure.

dodgercpkl, do u no i could b ovulating, cuz i didnt hav any of these ovulating pains all month...after this af im def gna get opks bcuz i hav pcos so i dont no wen or even if i do o each month...

Do you temp at all? I have pcos as well and while I know some ladies with pcos swear by opks, I never had any luck with them. But by temping I am able to tell if I'm ovulating or not. The signs sound very much like it could just be late ovulation so it wouldn't surprise me! :)

i never thought of temping, tbh im new to this whole ttc thing...before i got pregnant we were just letting things happen naturally...that took 4 YEARS.. so now were going to try and help things along because we couldnt wait another 4 years.. do you just take you temp everyday and wait for a change?

Little1 - that's pretty much it but you have to take your temp first thing every morning before you move or speak, at the same time everyday (even at the weekend) and it needs to be after at least 3 continuous hours of sleep to be accurate. There's a great site called Fertility Friend that you can use to chart your temperatures. It has a charting course that teaches you everything you need to know. Lots of us have FF links in our signatures, you can just click on them and have a wee peek at our charts to see what we mean. Because so many of us do it, there's always plenty of help if you're struggling :)

Me too, I love having these little mini support networks. Makes me feel like I don't have to dump things on my friends irl.

Same here, support from those better equipped to be supportive rather from rl friends who mean well but can't all understand.

Us? Take over? But, its not like we are a chatty bunch....:blush::haha:

Little, I knew nothing of temping when I got on here, and wasn't sure if I wanted to get that into it, but it drew me in, and I really enjoyed it actually. You get to know your cycle very well, and it completely eliminates that whole not knowing when your last period was (I never kept track before). You will need a basal thermometer, which will read your temp to 2 decimal places, as sometimes the shift is subtle.

To be fair, the 7 pages did spring up pretty fast lol you know what we are like!

I keep looking at my chart again, I am sure one day it will speak to me. Getting the urge to poas but I know nothing will be there. I'll be glad if I can get a 10+ day LP, and I don't get AF on the plane. That once happened flying to Dominican and I wasn't prepared. So bad I had to wipe the airline seat, awful - never want to repeat that.

i never thought of temping, tbh im new to this whole ttc thing...before i got pregnant we were just letting things happen naturally...that took 4 YEARS.. so now were going to try and help things along because we couldnt wait another 4 years.. do you just take you temp everyday and wait for a change?

Yep that's it indeed! You do need a BBT thermometer, but those aren't that expensive and that will clue you in on the more subtle changes that your body makes. I fought doing this for the first year and a 1/2 that I was ttc because I was afraid that I would get too obsessed or it would feel more like a job or something, but once I finally caved, I found that it really gave me a sense of control over things. Maybe it helped that the first month that I chose to temp turned out to be the month that I got pregnant and the first month that my cycle really got back on track, but prior to getting my bfp, it was fantastic to actually KNOW that I had ovulated and that my body was WORKING!

Little1 - that's pretty much it but you have to take your temp first thing every morning before you move or speak, at the same time everyday (even at the weekend) and it needs to be after at least 3 continuous hours of sleep to be accurate. There's a great site called Fertility Friend that you can use to chart your temperatures. It has a charting course that teaches you everything you need to know. Lots of us have FF links in our signatures, you can just click on them and have a wee peek at our charts to see what we mean. Because so many of us do it, there's always plenty of help if you're struggling :)

Actually, I can never take mine at the same time because I work shifts. According to FF and my OB, it's fine to temp at different times as long as you try and keep everything as much the same as possible - ie take your temp after at least 3 hours of sleep and do so immediately after waking up. I love Fertility Friend (FF) as it's just easy to use! :)

Count me in! :wave:

You found us! YAY!!! :hugs:

Little1 -I'd give temping a go as the others have said. Definite sense of control and does help in understanding your body. I love it.

I'll have to read up about time differences for when I am away.

I keep looking at my chart again, I am sure one day it will speak to me. Getting the urge to poas but I know nothing will be there. I'll be glad if I can get a 10+ day LP, and I don't get AF on the plane. That once happened flying to Dominican and I wasn't prepared. So bad I had to wipe the airline seat, awful - never want to repeat that.

Ooo! I just looked at your chart and it really IS looking good actually! I do wonder....

OMG. That would be soooo awful! I always make sure I have pads with me on plane rides... just in case. >.<

This is all great help and has actually lifted my mood a good bit, thanks ladies :).... now can i buy any bbt or is there a recommended brand of one?...gna get myself prepared to go full steam ahead next month (we'll call this month a "rest" period between mmc and bfp :) )

This is all great help and has actually lifted my mood a good bit, thanks ladies :).... now can i buy any bbt or is there a recommended brand of one?...gna get myself prepared to go full steam ahead next month (we'll call this month a "rest" period between mmc and bfp :) )

I got mine from Amazon, it wasn't expensive at all. You can temp orally or vaginally (Twinkle temping!!). A lot of us now twinkle temp as it is more accurate especially if you breath through your mouth a lot at night.

this is a really stupid question pink but is there different bbt's dependiing on how your going to temp?? think im mite just grab one of amazon and give it a go :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->