Starting again, join me?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive #1' started by happymrs, Jun 9, 2013.

1. happymrs

happymrs Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

I'm out this month, yesterday AF came full force and literally wiped me out (emotionally and physically!)

This month I had managed to convince myself that all symptoms were pointing to BFP but were in fact just PMS!!!

Anyway, I'm going to start this new cycle positively and keep focussed on enjoying my life at the same time as ttc!

Any one else out there just starting a new cycle and trying to look on the bright side?

:baby::dust:

2. scottbaby

scottbaby Active Member

Hello Happymrs,

Pretty much in the same boat, was so sure I was waiting for my BFP and having heaps of different symptoms than I had in previous months, then Friday AF arrived :growlmad:

Remaining positive though, obviously we weren't meant to have a February baby, aiming for our March Miracle now :thumbup:

Planning a very healthy June (far too much naughty foods and not enough fruit and veggies last month) with lots of fun in bed with hubby :blush:

Best of luck to you for June :dust:

3. happymrs

Hi scottbaby,

Its crazy how our mind plays tricks on us and convinces us we'll get the bfp! I just notice every little thing and convince myself its a symptom!

I agree, June is a positive month, healthy living and lots of fun should mean less stressing about ttc!

Good luck to you too!:flower:

4. lilly88

lilly88 Well-Known Member

Hey

AF came for me on Saturday which was 4 days early and surprised the hell out of me!

I'm in it to win it this month lol. DH goes away on CD13 so we're BD'ing as much as we can before that and hope for the best! I usually O around that time anyway so hopefully we're still in with a shot!

Good luck girls, let's catch those eggs! :hugs: x

5. KittyKan

KittyKan Well-Known Member

Hi Ladies,
    May I join? AF got me today and I too felt like this month was 'different' from the previous two. I was wrong, sadly. I am finding this process difficult to be honest, but I am trying desperately to stay positive and am hoping and praying for a March miracle.
    Good luck to us all xx

6. AnneBurg

AnneBurg Mother of 2, extended breastfeeder!

Not at the beginning of my cycle but really REALLY bent on being positive throughout this whole thing. Plus I can't help but feel that the chance of a bfp will be higher if one is relaxed and happy. So far some of the things that are keeping me that way are:
    -lots of time outdoors
    -lots of time doing fun things with my man
    -discussing positivity/good body image/how to trample down jealousy with my best friends
    -baking (seriously, it totally makes me zen!)

How about you guys? Any tips for how to not get bogged down?

7. lilly88

cooking always really helps me. I baked quite a lot at the weekend. Exercise (which I do most days) is probably when I think of TTC the most!!!

Gosh I really hope it's this month, not sure I can cope with seeing AF again!

8. happymrs

Its so nice to read about everyone being positive this month!

I agree with anneburg, being stressed does not help the situation!

To keep positive I am just trying to enjoy all of the things I won't be able to do very easily once I have a baby. That doesn't mean I don't want one, it just means realistically there will be less time for myself once that happens!

I am finding to time to go out with my husband for dinner spontaneously without getting a babysitter, go for a sudden weekend away or just sit down for an hour and read a magazine all the way through!

These things help me feel more positive and hopefully are making me feel relaxed. I would happily give up all of those things to have a baby but while I'm waiting I might aswell make the most of them!!

I will also try not to symptom spot this month as I'm sure most of it is in my head anyway!
    This is much easier to say than do though!
    :dust:

9. KittyKan

Exercise is crucial, although I dont always want to do it, I always try and do a little something daily. Zumba today! I sometimes worry about exercise affecting implantation etc, but I suppose that can be counter-producitve... ! Do you ladies exercise regularly especially during 2ww?

Can I ask -how do you know if someone has responded to a thread you've posted on? Do you have to just keep checking back??

10. lilly88

I think you have to go into your control panel Kitty and find the notifications section and set it to email you when there's a reply. That's what I had to do anyway!

I exercise during my TWW but not as heavy exercise as I would before O. Like yesterday I did 4 miles on treadmill at a very high intensity and then skipped for a while and then did a weights session but in the TWW I'd probably go ont he cross training and then do some seriously light weights. I'm sure really it doesn't make a huge difference but DH worries and so do I!

Just been and bought some brazil nuts to eat during my TWW as I hear that helps implantation. Can't hurt (unless I find out I'm allergic to brazil nuts!) I guess

11. minni2906

minni2906 Mommy to Emily

AF got me this morning and I was devastated but I decided to pull a positive thing out of it and I'll be excited for a St Patty's baby if we conceive this cycle. :)

12. KittyKan

Ah thanks for the help lilly :) - I'll give that a go. There's no way I'll remember which ones I have and havent posted on - mind you, its only been two threads so far!

That sounds like a great exercise plan -you definitely sound fitter than me. I too take it easier post ovulation/in 2ww (less jumping- which is annoying as it does burn the calories) Then I do slightly more during before ovulation.

Nice to approach a cycle with positivity rather than an inpending sense of doom. However I always feel optimistic cycle day 2/3 or so onwards. I just need to not focus on it as much I think - MUCH easier said than done!

Every mag features pregnancy, every person I see/know seems to be pregnant; its so hard to switch off sometimes. I think I will try to avoid them. That & the symptom spotting - which leaves my disappointed month after month.

Do any of you use the Clear Blue Fertility Monitor? I have used it for a few months now, even though my ovulation is very regular and I know when I will ovulate because I can feel it. I still like it as I see it as some kind of validation, which I know is a little silly :-S

13. DGWish

DGWish New Member

Hi everyone, I had a tubal reversal and an HSG done in the last 3 months its been a roller coaster.... Now we are ttc but I'm so scared I had my tubes cut for 11 yrs so now idk if my body would do what its suppose to. I keep wishing that I have a positive prego test but it keeps coming back negative its so disappointing. :cry:

14. AustinGigi

AustinGigi Member

I'm cd4 coming off an early MC. I'm excited and nervous to try again. But I feel good and am trying to stay positive. So I'm sending positive vibes and sticky
    Baby dust!!! C'mon March babies!! :winkwink:

15. minni2906

minni2906 Mommy to Emily

So sorry for your loss but glad to see you being positive!!

16. Lia41511

Lia41511 New Member

Hi Ladies,

Joining in here....AF arrived today unfortunately, so I'm waiting it out until we can try again! I was so sure this month would be it, but I guess my body had other plans. I've been charting for over 6 months now, and its been really strange the last couple; I've had different symptoms than normal PMS but still no BFP. Hoping for a March 2014 baby!

17. FarmersWife5

FarmersWife5 Well-Known Member

AF showed Monday, so started my new cycle as well. This will be our 4th cycle TTC. I wish everyone luck. Lets get some BFP's

18. AnneBurg

AnneBurg Mother of 2, extended breastfeeder!

I like the positive vibes going! Go us!

19. tymeg

tymeg Well-Known Member

I like the positive vibes too... :)

Im on cycle day 6 now.... AF has left the building, and tomorrow is the last day of 150mg of clomid, I too want a March Baby.... Maybe my dream will come true.... Our anniversary is the 3rd March and DH and my dad bday is the 4th March :)

20. KittyKan

Good luck to all of us girlies, lets keep our chins up!! BFPs are on their way :)