• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Starting Cereal?? added

Leah, did you see my posts about gelmix? If the rice is for her spitting up, you should try it. You can get 3 free samples on their website, and its extremely helpful. A months supply is $25.

www.gelmix.com

Well it was at first but i stopped at 1.5 month casue it wasnt doing anything.
it ended up being her formula and we had it switched and she really doesnt have much spit up now.
thank you though, might try it out though:hugs:

Tried Noah at 4 months but he wasnt ready so waited until 5.5 months. Was a totally different experience! I think some people are really eager to start weaning (not saying this is you, just something ive noticed alot people cant wait to start) but honestly its no fun if they're not ready. When Noah was 4 months i'd try to feed him and it would just dribble back out of his mouth, he wasnt interested. At 5.5 months he was like a different baby, would get excited when he saw the spoon, open his mouth and wait and then chew and swallow and smack his lips then reach out for more, and hold the spoon himself and put it in his mouth. Its also easier if your LO can sit on their own, or almost, before weaning. Although of course thats not a necessity, but it certainly helps xx

Tried jayden just under 4 month in hope it would help his reflux since 4 doctors dismissed it, he wasn't ready full stop (okay some babies are but still.)
Tried him again at 5 months and there was a huge difference, mouth wide open soon as he saw the spoon, grabs cucumber and sucks on it x

When did you start your baby on cereal?
4.5 months, literally just a few spoonfuls, a tasting kind of amount. We never, ever got through a full box/bag of baby cereal.

When is the best time to start Gracelynn on cereal?
Whenever you want, between 4 and 6 months I would say is preferable, but some people wait until after 6 months, even as late as 7 months.. no one can answer that for you. World Health Organization guidelines are to exclusively breastfeed for 6 months, but I think I read a figure like either only 35% of the developed world follows those guidelines, and 85% don't follow or follow them loosely, UK is among those who do follow, whereas North America and most of the rest of Europe do not, either at all and say wean @ 4 months, or say 4-6 months. So don't let anyone make you feel bad for weaning before 6 months if you choose that, as long as you wait until 4 months at least and are safe about it. It's a personal choice IMO

:hugs: I'm not going to tell anybody they're wrong or stupid etc for following a doctor's advice, from a young age we are trained to trust doctors, they are intelligent, well educated, etc. So why wouldn't you really if you'd never heard not to do it? <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"