Starting Clomid next cycle

MrsC10

Mummy
Reaction score
Hi ladies.

As the title reads, I'll be starting on Clomid next cycle after being diagnosed with mild PCOS.
I'm being started off on 25mg CD 3-7. Just wondering if any ladies have had success on this low dosage?
The low dose is because I have a very mild form of PCOS and my consultant doesn't want to overstimulate my ovaries and to also reduce the risk of multiples (I'm a twin, which he says increases my chances).

Any success stories out there?

Xxx

I am on clomid 50 MG cd 3-7. I don't have pcos. our only fertility issue right now is low progressive motility.

Hi there :hi:

Im starting clomid in my next cycle to only 50mg though on CD 2-6, But starting provera on the 16th October for seven days first. I also have PCOS and im on metformin 1500mg too.

Hi!!
I've to take Provera starting on day 42 of this cycle, if AF doesn't show. I'm not taking anything other than Provera (if required) and 25mg of Clomid. I've to take mine on days 3-7 xx

I take my provera on CD 44 if no af shows up which is this Thursday. So nervous about it all and scared in case it doesn't work, don't know what the next step is after clomid.... :nope:

Im getting my ultrasound this friday:coffee:, and next monday(20th) the HSG test. Obgyn is getting me ready to start clomid for novembers cycle:happydance:

dont let my age fool you, ive been ttc for years but only now got the courage to not be lurking.

Hi ladies!! :hi:

Lovely to hear from you all. I'm on cycle day 21 and haven't yet ovulated. Due to take Provera in precisely 21 days if I don't ovulate or AF is a no show.
I've had almost positive OPKs the past two days, but no temp spike yet xx

Im getting my ultrasound this friday:coffee:, and next monday(20th) the HSG test. Obgyn is getting me ready to start clomid for novembers cycle:happydance:

Do you know what strength you'll be starting on? Xx

Said lowest dosage as a trial since (25?) he feels that usually the 1st round of clomid is more of a wake up call and then 2nd round is the nitty gritty.

I know the lowest they make is 50mg, so I'm having to take half a tab. That should be interesting...trying to cut a tablet in half!

i might just say screw it! and take the 50 lol, he said lowest but didnt say anything about pill chopping so i will ask him again this friday. I have been ttc for about 6 years and finally not too broke to start throwing money at this process. I was dx with pcos and all this other fun stuff so i decided to chop my gut and start fresh and ive lost about 70+ lbs and so trying to stay healthy but even that didnt impress the stork so....now im hoping this works ;)

Im trying 50mg first ladies.

Im really impatient to get started now and I have to do provera first and wait for af to arrive before I can start my clomid on CD 2 :nope:

@sarahlou : at least your a few steps ahead of me ( have to wait for next cycle in november...boo!). Hope you get your AF soon! please keep updating! :)

I have to wait till the 16th October and if no af take a pregnancy test if its :bfn: I have to start Provera for 7 days to kick start af then start clomid on CD2 so im guessing it going be nearly another week or two before its time to start beding.

So should be early November by then :flower:

I'm impatient too. I've got 3 weeks to wait before even taking the Provera! Seems like such a long way away xx

We can support each other and get through this. It's not exactly the same time that were going through this but we all going through similar situation.

I will also keep you posted on my experience with provera I'm just scared I'm actually going to start them this Thursday because of the side affects I hope I won't react badly to it :nope:

What are the side effects? My consultant didn't warn me about them! He did say that it could take up to 3 weeks for AF to arrive after taking it though......

Good luck to all of you. Maybe some bfp will pop up before your clomid cycles. I was never on Provera. With clomid.... holy hot flashes and night sweats. I keep the house at 68 and I keep water by my bedside. I get up once or twice just to cool off. I am usually cold blooded not anymore. I am so warm now my mom is starting to ask questions and we haven't told anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->