Starting Clomid...what should I expect??

Angeld

Reaction score
Help!!!!! I'm nervous about starting Clomid. Anyone can tell me their ups and downs with this drug? Side effects?? Effectiveness???

Hi Angel. I'm starting my first Clomid cycle, too, and I was going to post the same thing! I'm really nervous about it for some reason, I guess because I don't know what to expect. I'm on CD5 today, and just took my first dose (100 mg). I'll let you know how it goes. Have you started yours yet?

Hi Angel. I'm starting my first Clomid cycle, too, and I was going to post the same thing! I'm really nervous about it for some reason, I guess because I don't know what to expect. I'm on CD5 today, and just took my first dose (100 mg). I'll let you know how it goes. Have you started yours yet?
I just met with my doctor, and he prescribed it to me yesterday, but he also has prescribed me with a synthetic progesterone, since my period isn't coming on its own very well. So I do the progesterone for 10 days then my period should start after 2 or 3 days, then a few days after that I start the Clomid. But I'm not sure exactly, gotta look at the direction again. Good luck!! I'm excited to hear your journey.

Hey, I hope you don't mind me popping in here...I just wanted to mention that if you aren't having ultrasounds to confirm you aren't pregnant before you start each clomid cycle, make sure you take a pregnancy test EVERY month.

I was told I likely wouldn't get pregnant on my own, and based on my opks and progesterone test the doctor thought I hadn't ovulated, so she didn't order a pregnancy test...and I ended up taking my first cycle of clomid while already pregnant. My implantation bleeding was heavy enough I thought it was a period, so there was really no reason to suspect, but a pregnancy test would have caught it. The beginning of my pregnancy was very stressful since we were worried about effects on the baby since clomid is a category X drug. I just wanted to pass it along in the hopes that everyone else avoids this stress!

I wish you all the best...I only had very mild side effects on 50mg, and I think not everyone has really bad side effects. FX for you! :flower:

I recommend taking the pills at night in order to avoid some side effects! I had hot flashes, headaches and I was pretty crabby/miserable the whole time while taking them.

I only did 2 cycles of clomid (unfortunately I failed to ovulate both times) before I was switched to Femara. I conceived on my second cycle of femara :)

Good luck to you both!

Hi. Sorry to jump in at random here..

I am doing my 2nd cycle of clomid. I did get pregnant with my first cycle but unfortunately it was ectopic.

I have also taken the progesterone for force a period as I have PCOS and do not get more than 1 period a yr on my own.

I took 10 days of progesterone and got af 9 days after stopping it.

I am on CD6 today and started clomid yesterday. I find the side effects mild yet noticeable. I have mood swings and get nauseous alot.

Goodluck! Fx for BFP!

Quick update - I'm on CD 11 now, and so far I've had no side effects. I did take my pills in the evening, I don't know if that made a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"