Starting clomid!

mindgames77

Reaction score
Hi Ladies!

I'm currently 12dpo and waiting for AF to arrive! (Temps are dropping and still getting BFNs so I now I'm out this round!)

I am planning to start clomid this cycle.

Just wondering if you ladies have any tips or stories to share? I'd particularly like to hear success stories for the first round of clomid! (And up to 3 rounds because that's the extent of my prescription!

We're not doing IUIs yet, I'd like to try at home for the first couple cycles!

Share share share!

Just picked up my prescription. The doctor has me taking 50mg twice a day from day 5-9 of my cycle.

Did anyone else start at 100mg? The pharmacist seemed a bit unsure about the dosage as most people start at 50mg a day!

I started at 100 mg. I asked my doctor about it b/c I had heard 50 was standard to star with, but unfortunately I can't remember what she said... The good news is I have been on it for 4 days now and no side effects. I hope it's actually working!

:dust: :dust:
Good luck! It says right on the pamphlet that starting at a higher dose than the recommended 50mg can increase the already increased chance of twins! That makes me a bit nervous.

I'm nervous about twins too...my appointment for the mid-cycle ultrasound is on the 11th. We'll see what they find.. hopefully my ovaries won't go too crazy :). If they see too many large follicles I think they cancel the IUI. Good luck to you too!

Hi! I am on CD 4 but took Clomid for the first time last month and did start with 100 mg. Boy, did my ovaries hurt..both of them! The only real side effects I had was hotflashes. I am taking it 5-9 at night since I heard it helps with side effects to take it at night. I hope this month is the month though! I hate pills and with all my vitamins, I feel like a walking medicine cabinet! hehe Good luck to you and keep in touch!

I just started my first round of clomid as well... days 5-9 at night.. of 50mg.. I do mine at night as well.. no success as of yet lol.. we will see the beg of march.. :) only side effect so far has been hot flashes and minor headaches.. Good luck!!!

Oh and forgot to add that before Clomid, my p4 was around 3.4 and last month on Clomid it was 29.7! It definitely works if you have low progesterone!

hey! I don't have a success story but I am on my first round of clomid, 100mg day2-6. I just wanted to let you know because I was also wondering about the 100mg (however my fs said 100mg was standard but if I wanted I could do 50mg). I took it first thing in the morning and didn't have many symptoms during the days I took it- a few hot flashes and a bit more emotional. Now I'm on cd10 and have noticed it is making me feel depressed and some hot flashes at times. Hoping my ovaries will start to hurt any day now!
Good luck to you!

hey! I don't have a success story but I am on my first round of clomid, 100mg day2-6. I just wanted to let you know because I was also wondering about the 100mg (however my fs said 100mg was standard but if I wanted I could do 50mg). I took it first thing in the morning and didn't have many symptoms during the days I took it- a few hot flashes and a bit more emotional. Now I'm on cd10 and have noticed it is making me feel depressed and some hot flashes at times. Hoping my ovaries will start to hurt any day now!
Good luck to you!
I was surprised my doctor started me w/ 100mg too. But I didn't really have side effects and I only had one mature follicle, so it didn't work as intended. She may increase the dosage next cycle if this one didn't work.

Today will be day 4 of taking it for me! I have no side effects at all so far. I hope it's working!!

Hello! From what I experienced last month..you should maybe start feelin the ovary pains in a few days...mine hurt so bad I thought it was the dreaded 'overstimulated' thingy you can read about..but once I ovulated, felt a ton better! I am on cd5 (almost 6! hehe)....it just takes a lil' bit for it to get in your system and start the stimulation!! I am sure it is working so keep the faith! :hugs:

Today will be day 4 of taking it for me! I have no side effects at all so far. I hope it's working!!
I didn't have side effects either, on 100mg. Just a little bit of warm flashes. Apparently a lot of people don't have side effects. It didn't "work" for me, in that I only produced one mature follicle (I'm monitored b/c doing IUI as well), but I don't think that's necessarily correlated with not having side effects. Good luck!

Im on my last night of taking it.. well i took it lol.. so fxed.. hope it works out for all you ladies.. :)

Tonight will be my last night of taking it! I have this huge fear of missing ovulation! Worried it'll happen too soon, before I start testing!

Did Clomid give any of you guys vivid dreams? I have had pregnancy or baby related dreams like mad in the past 3 nights. Dreamt about twins, dreamt about having a home birth, etc etc.

Last month, my doctor wanted me to wait until Cycle day 13 to start OPK's, but i started 2 days (CD11) after my last clomid and thank goodness I did because I ovulated on the 14th! I did get lines before O but they were light..so I again will start testing 2 days after last pill....

Mindgames77- Hello! Good luck with your first round of Clomid! I am currently on my 3rd round (no success story yet) My first round of Clomid I took 50mg days 3-7 only had some hotflashes and that was it.for side effects. That month ended with a BFN. My 2nd round of Clomid was very strange... I toon 50mg again but this time days 5-9 and had zero symptoms but AF showed on CD 14!!! I was so upset because I obviously had not even ovulated yet... My doctor had no idea why that happened. So now I am on my 3rd of Clomid 50mg days 5-9 and today is CD 6. I have started my hotflashes which I am looking at as a good thing. Anyways I am hoping the 3rd time is the charm for me and I wish all of you other ladies babydust and good luck!!

I have been having baby dreams.. had one last night even that i was having a baby at the hospital it was strange and very real.. lol so include me.. :) last night was my last night.. Im starting to test this weekend... cd12

It is only Cycle day 6!! I even started re-doing my entertainment center to keep busy..might have to vacuum out car next!! 2 doses of 100 mg and headache so far! !! I hate the waiting!:growlmad: hehe

lol faither... i get that.. i hate waiting too.. Im done now with clomid for this cycle.. but now waiting for ovulation..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->