Starting FET / IVF in Nov 14????

katie1981

Reaction score
Hi, I am starting my 1st frozen cycle in early Nov. Is there anyone else starting around that time that would like to join me???
Have a little boy from my only cycle of Ivf / Icsi . We were blessed. We have 4 frosties from that cycle. 2x 5 day and 2x 6 day blasts. Any one get lucky twice in a row. Would love to hear some success stories.

I start injections in Nov for a Dec FET.

We had success with our first IVF and have 8 frosties. :thumbup:

Omg 8. That's brilliant. What injections are you on. I think I have to take oral hormones. Or at least I assumed they would be oral!!!! In for pre period scan on tues so will find out then I suppose.

I start injecting next sat for a FET around 29th Nov. Our first ivf resulted in our son and we have 1 day 5 and 2 day 6 blasts frozen. I'm really excited, but it's hard to believe we could be so lucky a second time. I still can't believe the first cycle worked! X

I will be doing delestrogen and then PIO shots! I start injections in a month!

Hi everyone. How is everyone doing. Well my af came early so started taking my meds yesterday . Thought I had a few days left. So excited to actually be started but nervous too. So on day 2 now . Have my next appointment on day 13 now to check how things are progressing and the should get a date for et . So I'm guess around the 15 th of November . ��������

Hi Harley . Your story is so similar to mine. Little boy from first cycle . And praying for a second miracle.
I start injecting next sat for a FET around 29th Nov. Our first ivf resulted in our son and we have 1 day 5 and 2 day 6 blasts frozen. I'm really excited, but it's hard to believe we could be so lucky a second time. I still can't believe the first cycle worked! X

Katie...our schedules are very close. If all goes well, my FET will be on the 12th. I have been on Lupron injections for almost 2 weeks. I'm also on Estrace pills. Good luck to you!

I am still on BC and will start injections in about 4 weeks for an ET in mid-December! I also have a little boy from our first IVF cycle and am praying it works again!! Keeping fingers crossed for all of us!

I had my drug appointment on Friday, I start injecting tomorrow (exciting!). I'm on a different protocol than I thought though. I've got to down reg for 3 weeks, they've booked me in for a baseline scan on 25th November. Hopefully I'll be able to start the oestrogen tablets soon after that, it is much longer away than I thought though!

Starting my first IVF cycle after 2 failed IUI's, doing my first injections today (Menopur). Going to try inject myself tonight otherwise it's rushing off to the emergency for them to do it for me again, DH is petrified of needles. My scan is on Saturday, any tips would be awesome.

What is the difference between a frozen egg transfer and a fresh egg transfer? I'm sorry, I'm very new and my gynae hasn't spoken to me about any of this. This is all so confusing, just became an expert in IUI's, now I must become an expert in IVF's because the gynae's don't tell you anything.

Hi ,thanks for replying . I have been on oestrogen tablets for a week now. Back in hospital on Monday 10th for a scan and if everything is looking ok I will get my date then. I will need to start progesterone before my transfer. Thankfully I have had no side effects. Are you having any? We will be in the tww together. That's when the nerves really kick in . Fingers crossed.
Katie...our schedules are very close. If all goes well, my FET will be on the 12th. I have been on Lupron injections for almost 2 weeks. I'm also on Estrace pills. Good luck to you!

I did a fresh ivf cycle 3 years ago. As I only transferred one and was successful the remaining 4 were frozen for use later. Now because we have some frozen we only need to do a frozen cycle. This is much easier because you don't need all the stim medication as you already have embryos ready. This is also much more coat effective too if you are lucky enough to have some to freeze. If your frozen cycle/s fail well it's back a full fresh cycle again. Hope this answers your question . Will you be starting ivf?
What is the difference between a frozen egg transfer and a fresh egg transfer? I'm sorry, I'm very new and my gynae hasn't spoken to me about any of this. This is all so confusing, just became an expert in IUI's, now I must become an expert in IVF's because the gynae's don't tell you anything.

Good luck. The injections aren't too bad one you overcome the first one. Just keep thinking about why your doing them . Try to stay as relaxed and positive as possible throughout the process although sometimes it is hard. Hopefully we will all get the outcome we want.xx
Starting my first IVF cycle after 2 failed IUI's, doing my first injections today (Menopur). Going to try inject myself tonight otherwise it's rushing off to the emergency for them to do it for me again, DH is petrified of needles. My scan is on Saturday, any tips would be awesome.

All the boys. Hopefully we will all be as lucky and blessed on these cycles. Xx
I am still on BC and will start injections in about 4 weeks for an ET in mid-December! I also have a little boy from our first IVF cycle and am praying it works again!! Keeping fingers crossed for all of us!

katie1981 thanks for clearing that up, this is all so much! Yes, I've started my injections on Monday, scan on Saturday, my RE will then let me know when we will do the transfer, 1st IVF with fresh egg, 1st baby, unexplained infertility, ttc since March 2012.

So proud! Am now giving myself Menopur injections, methinks I'm going to become a pro by the time this cycle is done.

I have not noticed any side effects from the Lupron or estrogen tablets. I started Progesterone suppositories today. I had my last scan and blood work today. FET is booked for Wednesday November 12th...eek... getting excited! I took my last Lupron shot last night.

Hi, did you have your transfer . How did it go????how is the wait going. My transfer is Monday 17. Only 3 more days.
I have not noticed any side effects from the Lupron or estrogen tablets. I started Progesterone suppositories today. I had my last scan and blood work today. FET is booked for Wednesday November 12th...eek... getting excited! I took my last Lupron shot last night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->