Starting IUI January and TTC #1 - anyone else?

KatO79

Proud Mommy to Alexander
Reaction score
Hi everyone :hi:

I'm 35 (going on 36 in May) and DH is 37 and we've been TTCing #1 since October 2013. We've tried it all: OPKs, CBFM, temping, Preseed, Conceive Plus, Softcups, FertileCM pills, you name it :haha: But nothing seems to help. We did have a chemical on our 7th cycle but I lost it at around 4w3d and nothing since:cry: I have my suspicions that it's my CM that's crappy, I get watery CM at O time but am thinking maybe it hasn't been abundant enough or something:shrug: Our GP could first refer us after 1 year of trying since the state pays for it so they're picky about referring people:dohh:

I've had my CD 3 hormones checked and everything is normal for my age plus my HSG showed both tubes are wide open. DH has normal SA, albeit on the lower side of normal. Our RE seems pretty confident IUI will work for us.

Since AF showed up today officially ending my 17th cycle (she was 1-2 days late), I called the clinic and my appointment for my CD2/CD3 U/S and "Hormone Injection 101" class will be on Friday, January 9th.

So anyone else TTC #1 also going to start IUI around this month?

Hi Kat- I trying to get an IUI started this month. My RE has asked from some test from my GP and they haven't recieved them yet. I've been calling everyday and today I'm going to call the GP to make sure they sent the tests over.

I'm CD 5 and keep getting a crampy feeling on my left. I'm searching the boards to see if anyone else felt these during implantation or before a BFP.

I want a medicated cycle next time if this one doesn't stick. Hopefully I can get into the doctor quick enough to make a treatment plan before my next cycle if needed.

Hi Kat- I trying to get an IUI started this month. My RE has asked from some test from my GP and they haven't recieved them yet. I've been calling everyday and today I'm going to call the GP to make sure they sent the tests over.

I'm CD 5 and keep getting a crampy feeling on my left. I'm searching the boards to see if anyone else felt these during implantation or before a BFP.

I want a medicated cycle next time if this one doesn't stick. Hopefully I can get into the doctor quick enough to make a treatment plan before my next cycle if needed.

Hi sugargully:wave:

Which tests are your RE missing from your GP? I would think if you've gotten all your testing done (CD3 hormones, SA, HSG, ect) then they should be able to start you next cycle. Hope you get your GP to send those results to your RE:thumbup:

I'll be having a medicated cycle myself since it increases the chances of a BFP. Not sure with which hormone(s), I'll find that out on Friday. She only mentioned on the phone that it'd be a mild hormone stimulation so we'll see. Planning on injecting myself as I don't trust DH with a needle:haha:

I'm 35 (going on 36 in May) and DH is 37 and we've been TTCing #1 since October 2013. We've tried it all: OPKs, CBFM, temping, Preseed, Conceive Plus, Softcups, FertileCM pills, you name it :haha: But nothing seems to help. We did have a chemical on our 7th cycle but I lost it at around 4w3d and nothing since:cry: I have my suspicions that it's my CM that's crappy, I get watery CM at O time but am thinking maybe it hasn't been abundant enough or something:shrug: Our GP could first refer us after 1 year of trying since the state pays for it so they're picky about referring people:dohh:

I've had my CD 3 hormones checked and everything is normal for my age plus my HSG showed both tubes are wide open. DH has normal SA, albeit on the lower side of normal. Our RE seems pretty confident IUI will work for us.

Since AF showed up today officially ending my 17th cycle (she was 1-2 days late), I called the clinic and my appointment for my CD2/CD3 U/S and "Hormone Injection 101" class will be on Friday, January 9th.

Hi Kat,
I am exactly in the same boat as you agewose and ttc monthwise...i just had my first iui today only with 50 mg clomid and hcg trigger . My GYN did not recommend other medicines as my response to clomid was satisfactory. When do you plan to start your medication?

Hi Kat,
I am exactly in the same boat as you agewose and ttc monthwise...i just had my first iui today only with 50 mg clomid and hcg trigger . My GYN did not recommend other medicines as my response to clomid was satisfactory. When do you plan to start your medication?

Hi 222excited:flower:

Well I'll be taught how to inject myself on Friday so I'm assuming I'll be starting that day or thereabouts:flower: As said, they'll be starting me on a mild hormone stimulation so we'll see.

Good luck, hope you soon get your BFP :dust:

Hi Kat,

Well I'll be taught how to inject myself on Friday so I'm assuming I'll be starting that day or thereabouts:flower: As said, they'll be starting me on a mild hormone stimulation so we'll see.

Wish you goodluck ...hope this cycle leads us to sticky bfp!:thumbup:

Hi Kat,

Wish you goodluck ...hope this cycle leads us to sticky bfp!:thumbup:

Same to you:happydance:

Did you just steal my story? Lol i felt like i was reading something i wrote! Like twins!

I started ttc dec 2013. Had at chemical at 4+3 in nov 2014. Hsg clear.. Dhs sa was low end of normal.. Diagnosed unexplained in october.

I started my first iui cyle this month. Started injections of menopur on the 3rd which was cd2 for me. Im currently on cd6 and go in for monitoring tomorrow where i will receive further instruction to continue. I will alo be doing an hcg trigger and progesterone supplements.

I float around but you can always find my journal in my signature.

I had someone help with my injection the first time but ive done them myself ince and they have been easy peeezy!

Did you just steal my story? Lol i felt like i was reading something i wrote! Like twins!

I started ttc dec 2013. Had at chemical at 4+3 in nov 2014. Hsg clear.. Dhs sa was low end of normal.. Diagnosed unexplained in october.

I started my first iui cyle this month. Started injections of menopur on the 3rd which was cd2 for me. Im currently on cd6 and go in for monitoring tomorrow where i will receive further instruction to continue. I will alo be doing an hcg trigger and progesterone supplements.

I float around but you can always find my journal in my signature.

I had someone help with my injection the first time but ive done them myself ince and they have been easy peeezy!

Hi Mississippi03 :wave:

Yes it seems we have very similar stories:haha: I hope that IUI is the answer for both of us :happydance:

I think one of the nurses will help me the first time so I can see how it's done and then it's up to me:wacko: I'll probably be a pro in no time after the initial couple of first times where I'll need to pull myself together :rofl:

I know I'll probably being doing something similar to you but not sure if I'll be on progesterone after they've induced O:shrug: They haven't told us much other than the basics in what goes on during an IUI and that they'll put me on a mild hormone stimulation. So we'll see.

I'll have to check out your journal:thumbup: I have a LTTTC journal myself and it's in my sig as well if you're interested in seeing it:flower:

Good luck with your IUI :dust:

I will hop on over tonight to your journal.. It will be good to have a buddy on the journey with me!

Needles are easy now.. After your first one you will be fine!

My dr gave me the progesterone but if he hadnt i would have been asking for it.. Then again ive been convinced that low progesterone has bern my problem all along!

I will hop on over tonight to your journal.. It will be good to have a buddy on the journey with me!

Needles are easy now.. After your first one you will be fine!

My dr gave me the progesterone but if he hadnt i would have been asking for it.. Then again ive been convinced that low progesterone has bern my problem all along!

I've looked through yours today but haven't read the whole journal yet:winkwink:

That's what I'm hoping:winkwink: Anything to avoid having DH do it since I don't think he's very good at that type of thing. He'll just fumble and mess up or I'll get so nervous watching him I'll tell him to just give it to me :rofl:

Good you got progesterone:thumbup: I have no idea if I'll be getting progesterone but guess I'll find out:shrug:

So they're starting me on 50 i.e. Puregon and I have to take it from today until and including Thursday night. It's in pen form so pretty easy I think:thumbup: At the 2nd U/S next Friday (the 16th) they'll see if I need to keep up the injections or if I'm soon ready to have O induced.

Hi KatO79,

My partner and I are starting our first IUI this month. I am on CD5 and have started Menopur injections on CD3. I go in on CD8 for scan and bloods.
I have had Hycosy done and all is good - tubes are open :thumbup:
I will be taking Pregnyl, but will be advised when to take this.
My partner prepared the syringe on the first eve and I injected. Preparing the syringe for injecting and injecting myself has gotten easy for me on my third eve. :thumbup:
Best of luck with your journey too and I hope that you get a BFP soon.

Hi KatO79,

My partner and I are starting our first IUI this month. I am on CD5 and have started Menopur injections on CD3. I go in on CD8 for scan and bloods.
I have had Hycosy done and all is good - tubes are open :thumbup:
I will be taking Pregnyl, but will be advised when to take this.
My partner prepared the syringe on the first eve and I injected. Preparing the syringe for injecting and injecting myself has gotten easy for me on my third eve. :thumbup:
Best of luck with your journey too and I hope that you get a BFP soon.

Hi Bajayby:wave:

Sounds like we're on the same type of schedule when it comes to days of injections and U/Ss. I don't know yet what I'll be taking as trigger shot though:shrug:

I just did both the prep and injecting for my 1st shot tonight:happydance: Had to pull myself together as everything in my body was against me actually sticking the needle in but I did it :haha: Even waited the 5 seconds before pulling it out although I counted to 10 to be sure since I was afraid I was counting a bit too fast:haha: Hoping I'll soon be more pro like you are now:thumbup:

Thank you, hope you soon see your BFP as well :dust:

Hi KATO79,

Yes, definitely seems like we are on a similar plan. It will be great to have a TTC buddy on a similar plan - we can exchange experiences :thumbup:
As this is my first, fingers crossed, I'm feeling excited and scared all at once. I suppose it's not knowing what's to come. I'm feeling positive though :winkwink:

Here's wishing lots of TTC magic for your journey.

:dust:

Hi KATO79,

Yes, definitely seems like we are on a similar plan. It will be great to have a TTC buddy on a similar plan - we can exchange experiences :thumbup:
As this is my first, fingers crossed, I'm feeling excited and scared all at once. I suppose it's not knowing what's to come. I'm feeling positive though :winkwink:

Here's wishing lots of TTC magic for your journey.

:dust:

Yes sounds like a good idea to me:winkwink:

I'm pretty much feeling the same thing. Just trying not to get my hopes up too high since I know there is a chance it won't work the 1st time and we may need a 2nd or 3rd try, even maybe need to go over to IVF if bad should be. But still more hopeful then I've been on my natural cycles as my chances have increased from 6% to around 15%:haha: :happydance:

Right back at you :dust:

That's great. How did your u/s go? how do you feel about your meds? As the days go on, I'm finding it easier with mine.

That's great. How did your u/s go? how do you feel about your meds? As the days go on, I'm finding it easier with mine.

Mine went pretty well although I was a bit unconfortable since I was on CD2 of AF:wacko: But the nurse told me to relax and she's used to it:haha: I did wipe the worst of it off in the changing room with some paper they have to wipe off the gel they use on the U/S probes, sorry maybe TMI:haha:

I think it's going ok with my meds. I perfected my technique today on day 2 of hormones and tried turning the needle after 5 seconds and then gave it 5 seconds more before I slowly pulled the needle out. The drop on the needle was a good deal smaller than yesterday:thumbup: I'd read about people using this technique when taking their insulin for diabetes and reporting smaller or no drops afterwards. So think I'll continue with this method. I'm using the Puregon Pen to take my Puregon so it's been pretty easy:thumbup:

How did yours go? Are you using a pen as well or vials?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->