Starting IVF in march/april 2015 - buddies wanted :)

Mrs W 11

Reaction score
Hi all,

After ttc for a year after a mmc we have just made the decision to have IVF. The consultant said we would be able to have it in 1-2 months when I spoke to her last week so I guess in march/April.

I have a dd who was conceived naturally so I am new to all of this and would love some buddies to go through the journey with. Having really mixed emotions, happy that we are getting started, sad that we are having to go through this, nervous, terrified it won't work!

Would be great to have a support group and chat about things that might help such as diet, lifestyle etc.

X

We are starting our 2nd round of IVF this month but will not be putting them back in until the end of march early April. We plan on freezing them 1st. We have been at this for the last 5,6,7 years. At this point I have lost count on how long we have been trying. Infertility can do that to you...lol good luck with everything!

Hi Allie, sorry to hear about how much you have been through. Don't loose hope, it will happen! My bil and sil recently had a baby after 6 years ttc and at least 5 failed ivf before their rainbow so it does happen if you keep going, though I can only imagine how tough it must be.

As you have been through this before I'm sure ill have millions of questions if you fancy keeping me company between now and then?! Good luck xx

Hi ladies.
I will be starting my 2nd IVF in March. My first round was last September which resulted in a BFN. I then had a FET with two perfect blasts in November and still BFN.
I'm waiting on cycle day 1 to start on the pill. Will probably start stims the 2nd week of March if all goes well.
I'm anxious to try again. Fingers crossed that this will be our year!

Hi Doxie! Wishing you so much luck for march!!

I think my ivf will be April as I have my consultant appointment on 16th feb, nurse appointment 2-3 weeks after that and start mess on my next af so mid march. I have no idea how long it all takes or what will happen really!

Are either of you eating any foods to try and help or cutting out alcohol, sugar, caffeine or anything like that? I really enjoy a glass of wine but I'm paying privately and it's costing such a lot of money, I feel I need to do evening I can to prepare in advance!

Hi Allie, sorry to hear about how much you have been through. Don't loose hope, it will happen! My bil and sil recently had a baby after 6 years ttc and at least 5 failed ivf before their rainbow so it does happen if you keep going, though I can only imagine how tough it must be.

As you have been through this before I'm sure ill have millions of questions if you fancy keeping me company between now and then?! Good luck xx

Thanks! And yes if you have any questions I'll do my best to help you out.

I don't plan to do anything special this time around. I don't drink caffeine and I cut out alcohol once I start stimming.
Last time I tried to do everything right... I ate pineapple core and kept my feet warm, but it still didn't work. This time I'm just going to do what I always do. I know what you mean about it costing so much and wanting to do everything you can.

Hi, Ladies

Mind if I join? I may be a little ahead, but my EC should be end of feb/beginning March depending when AF shows in February!!

Had one failed IVF, one canceled and hoping third time is a charm.

Doxie, I am just stalking you!! =) hehe

Hi beneath, welcome!!

So as it turns out, after a major roller coaster week it looks like all being well my ivf will be February too. I had all my tests done and all came back normal so I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility and as we had been trying for a year we decided to start the ball rolling on ivf. The only test result I hadn't had back was my amh and the consultant told me it would be fine because of my age.... Famous last words.

She called me Wednesday to say it came back showing I have a low ovarian reserve. I'm pretty devastated because if they can't get any good eggs then there isn't much I can do and I had always assumed it would happen for me eventually. Anyway they got me straight in today to sign consent forms. I see the nurse 2nd feb re the drugs and start on my next period which should be around 12th feb. so I do get enough eggs, ivf will be end of feb early march.

So glad you ladies will be along for the ride and we can all support each other. I will be having the highest doses of swims possible due to my low amh so expecting to feel pretty pants! But I'm glad to finally be diagnosed and get started with a plan.

I'm going to do yoga, try an ivf relaxation cd, eat healthily and cut out alcohol and caffeine.

X

Hi beneath, welcome!!

So as it turns out, after a major roller coaster week it looks like all being well my ivf will be February too. I had all my tests done and all came back normal so I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility and as we had been trying for a year we decided to start the ball rolling on ivf. The only test result I hadn't had back was my amh and the consultant told me it would be fine because of my age.... Famous last words.

She called me Wednesday to say it came back showing I have a low ovarian reserve. I'm pretty devastated because if they can't get any good eggs then there isn't much I can do and I had always assumed it would happen for me eventually. Anyway they got me straight in today to sign consent forms. I see the nurse 2nd feb re the drugs and start on my next period which should be around 12th feb. so I do get enough eggs, ivf will be end of feb early march.

So glad you ladies will be along for the ride and we can all support each other. I will be having the highest doses of swims possible due to my low amh so expecting to feel pretty pants! But I'm glad to finally be diagnosed and get started with a plan.

I'm going to do yoga, try an ivf relaxation cd, eat healthily and cut out alcohol and caffeine.

X

Hey, girl! Sorry abut the low ovarian reserve diagnosis. I have that as well and know firsthand how horrible and heartbroken I felt when I was told that was my issue, but we will get our baby! Just may be a little harder, but will be so worth it in the end.

We should be cycling at the same time. I expect af a few days after you. I switched RE's and he doesn't believe in high stims for women with LOR, so I am going to be on low stims this cycle. Not completely low, but a lot less than what my old RE had me on and I was not responding so well to that.

FX for us!!!

New York here, and you?

I'm in England. That's cool that we will be going through it all at the same time, can't wait to get started now I know!

I guess they will see how I respond to the stims first time, they said there will be a lot of question marks until we actually get started as amh is only a guide and the real proof of my chance at ivf will only be revealed when we actually try. They did say they hope to get 5-8 eggs from me so I'm hoping they will. How many eggs do you usually get? X

I'm in England. That's cool that we will be going through it all at the same time, can't wait to get started now I know!

I guess they will see how I respond to the stims first time, they said there will be a lot of question marks until we actually get started as amh is only a guide and the real proof of my chance at ivf will only be revealed when we actually try. They did say they hope to get 5-8 eggs from me so I'm hoping they will. How many eggs do you usually get? X

I got 7 eggs my first IVF. We are hoping to get 4-5 good ones with the lower stims as we are going more for quality versus quantity!!

That's a good number, so does lower stims usually mean better quality? How many good ones did you get last time? As they say, it only takes one so hopefully you'll be lucky.

That's a good number, so does lower stims usually mean better quality? How many good ones did you get last time? As they say, it only takes one so hopefully you'll be lucky.

My new re really believes higher stims affects egg quality. Out of 7, 4 fertilized, I transferred 2 and the other 2 did not make it to freeze.

You are moving right along Mrs W. It does feel good to finally get the ball rolling and to be doing something.
I hate being in limbo. I am waiting on my period to show and then I will be starting the bcp for a few weeks until stims start.
It is true they can't really predict how you will respond until you have a cycle. My amh is excellent but I was a poor responder to the meds last time so we didn't get very many eggs.
I do believe it is quality over quantity though. Paying out of pocket, I wanted more eggs to freeze though as frozen embryo transfers are not as expensive as a fresh IVF cycle.

I am in Pennsylvania

Yes I totally agree Doxie that quality is much more important, if I could just get one blasty to day 5 and transferred ill be happy. I am under 37 so my clinic will only transfer one egg unless they get to day 3 with two poor quality embryos and then would discuss transferring both as chances of implantation are lower.

I'd love one or two to freeze as I originally wanted 3 children, however I know that's unlikely and my focus is to have #2 now.

It sounds like we will all be starting together at a similar time! My clinic haven't mentioned bcp so I don't think I'm doing that bit. Straight to stims after my baseline scan once af is here.

Roll on the march bfps!!! X

Hi Ladies :flower:

Mind if I join?
DH and I are both late 20s and all the tests came back clear so we have been diagnosed "unexplained infertility"

We have just had our appointment to start the IVF ball rolling with it due to start in march. I am nervous and excited.

I'm in Australia O:)

Hopefully BFPs for all of us xo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"