• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Starting IVF Sept/Oct - UK - anyone else?

Essjay86

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have not been on here properly for quite a while. Like maybe nearly a year!

I have been TTC for years. Me and my fiance have been together for 6 years and haven't used protection for around 4 yrs. We have never got pregnant and around 2 yrs ago we went to the GP to ask for help.

Turns out my DF has low sperm count, I have a tilted back uterus and long cycles (36 days)
I found out in January that we could progress with ICSI IVF. There was a waiting list of 6-9 months and they asked me to lose 2 stone before we started. June was 6 months and we were told we could start!! Exciting. We still have to wait though...

I assumed we would start straight away, how naive of me. On my next period (AF due around 24th Aug) I have to go have my bloods done, and then my next period we will start.

Im hoping to find someone who is also starting around this time so we can be buddies and chat.

Or anyone who'd just like to join in that has been through this, especially in the UK so i can relate to the appointments etc.

Hi Guys,

I have not been on here properly for quite a while. Like maybe nearly a year!

I have been TTC for years. Me and my fiance have been together for 6 years and haven't used protection for around 4 yrs. We have never got pregnant and around 2 yrs ago we went to the GP to ask for help.

Turns out my DF has low sperm count, I have a tilted back uterus and long cycles (36 days)
I found out in January that we could progress with ICSI IVF. There was a waiting list of 6-9 months and they asked me to lose 2 stone before we started. June was 6 months and we were told we could start!! Exciting. We still have to wait though...

I assumed we would start straight away, how naive of me. On my next period (AF due around 24th Aug) I have to go have my bloods done, and then my next period we will start.

Im hoping to find someone who is also starting around this time so we can be buddies and chat.

Or anyone who'd just like to join in that has been through this, especially in the UK so i can relate to the appointments etc.

Hi Essjay86,

Didn't want to read and run. I'm also in the UK but I'm gong through my first round of ivf now. I'm just on day 4 of my cycle so 2nd day of FSH injections. I've been trying for many years to become pregnant naturally and it has just got to the stage where I don't want to wait any longer so we've gone private...my bmi was 34 so I'd have to wait another 6 months after achieving the correct bmi which I didn't want to wait for. My bmi is now under 30 so I'm happy but with private I could just wait a month to start. I'm a teacher so I felt that being in the summer holidays would give us the best chance.

Wishing you all the best for your upcoming cycle.

Hi I'm also from the uk, I'm currently researching on the ivf centres in the uk to see which one is best my OH has reduced motility (24% progressive) and we've been trying for 4 years without protection.

We are currently saving up for private as we wouldn't been accepted for nhs so my ivf won't start until feb/March time.

X

Hi Sarah, wishing you the best of luck with your journey ahead. What area are you searching?

Thank you, I've looked into Manchester, burton, Cheshire, Nottingham etc just trying to see which are best ones

Best of luck. For me it was the staff and how they made me feel. I'm down south but the staff are so lovely and they seemed to listen and reassure which makes a massive difference. I hope you find somewhere you are happy with.

Thank you it's about 6 months away so have time yet to look into them all x

Oh I did try to tag you in this reply but i don't think its worked!

Thanks for replying guys!! So sorry its taken me a few days to get back on here. Ive just started in a new job at work and its been a bit stressful. Not exactly the best idea to start a new job just before ivf...but oh well. Work knows my situation :)

Sarah, the hospital i go to does private too but i'm on NHS, they're called Fertility Fusion, wrightington. Dr Harris.
It's up north in greater manchester/lancashire.

Goingforit - Congrats on starting! I am so excited to start. If we had the money maybe we would have gone private to start sooner...but i'm so glad its just round the corner for us now. i feel like i've waited for years!
How are you finding the injections? Do you take them at the same time everyday? Im dreading injecting myself.

I know how the waiting feels. Honestly it feels like a bfp is never going to happen but with ivf I feel I now have hope.

I started my injections on Monday and take them at 6:40am. I chose that time because although I'm on holidays (teacher) my husband leaves for work at this time and I wanted to be sure if I couldn't face it he could do it for me. Day 1 wasn't great...I am scared of needles and got myself worked up. Day 2 I did it with encouragement and today I just got on with it. I'm on gonal f and it honestly doesn't hurt...the needle is tiny. Bit worried about taking the cetrotide but again hubby can help if needed...my next scan is Saturday and they'll be advising me when to take it.

Congrats on your new job. So with nhs when do they tell you the start date? I'm sure it'll soon come around

I know how the waiting feels. Honestly it feels like a bfp is never going to happen but with ivf I feel I now have hope.

I started my injections on Monday and take them at 6:40am. I chose that time because although I'm on holidays (teacher) my husband leaves for work at this time and I wanted to be sure if I couldn't face it he could do it for me. Day 1 wasn't great...I am scared of needles and got myself worked up. Day 2 I did it with encouragement and today I just got on with it. I'm on gonal f and it honestly doesn't hurt...the needle is tiny. Bit worried about taking the cetrotide but again hubby can help if needed...my next scan is Saturday and they'll be advising me when to take it.

Congrats on your new job. So with nhs when do they tell you the start date? I'm sure it'll soon come around

Yes thats a good idea, i think i will do mine in a morning. I don't even know what my injections are yet, i assume it'll be the same stuff as you. All's i know is that i need to wait till i'm next due on and day 2 i have to have a blood test and then the AF after that will be when i start. It's a day 1 cycle (if thats what you call it) that i am having.

If my FF calendar is right (i have long cycles so it maybe wont be) I will start on 25th Sept. I'm really hoping it is around that time as i am due to go to london for 2 days on the 30th Sept - 2nd Oct for my cousins 30th...which was supposed to be in Ibiza but she changed it to london so i could come. But i'm just hoping my AF timing is good and I will be at injection stage and i really hope i wont be due a scan on those dates or even worse AF hasnt arrived by then!
Obv i wont be drinking whilst in london but id like to be there for her as we're really close.

So it's not too long off now!

I'm sure it'll all work out. We cut a holiday to France short so that we would be back in time for the ivf cycle. I'm a teacher and really wanted the majority of it to be in the school holidays...mainly to see if less stress will benefit our fertility.

If youd welcome it, I start my stimulation cycle on the 31st. I too have been ttc for 6 years!!! Can I join you?

Hi there,

I am due to start IVF soon too, so it would be nice
to have a few buddies.

I was wondering if someone could advise
me on NHS protocol for IVF, specifically regarding when treatment begins prior to stims. I just want to see if I get another shot at a cycle before it all starts.

I have an appointment to get bloods in early September, then an appointment to plan treatment two weeks later. Do they start giving you medication straight away at the blood appointment to quiet your cycle or does this all happen from the main appointment onwards.

I would appreciate any advice. I have been on this ttc journey for nearly five years, 1 early miscarriage and 1 chemical. I have very low amh so the dr was a bit reluctant to let me try IVF on the NHS. I have been with Napro for a while prior to this too.

Hi Nolimitxox and FPD,

Nolimitxox...the more the merrier :) I think LTTC can be such a lovely journey and the truth is no one else quite understands it like those who are also going through it. It's nice to have people on here that you can chat/rant to! What type of protocol are you doing? Wishing you all the best!!

FPD mine isn't nhs but I believe they are all different depending on your needs. Sorry to hear about your losses and good luck with the ivf...I think it's unfair they were reluctant to let you try it...it gives us hope! My experience (private) was an appointment to talk through the protocol and then the medicines on the next cycle.

Good luck and keep me posted. The time will fly by!

Thanks goingforit. I don't know my protocol yet. Best
Of luck. Hope it all goes ok.
My main appointment is not until the middle of
September. I'm really nervous about the whole
Process and fitting it around work. I definitely don't
Want to tell them. How is everyone else getting on?

I may be starting early. I was supoosed to start Wednesday but I have gotten my period at least two days early and I still have an active birth control pill to take for today. Lets see what the doctor says.

Hope you are all going okay...any news?

My egg collection was a week ago today and they collected 11 eggs. 1 got to day 5 and is of the best quality so fx that will be our miracle.

Sadly I developed ohss and was admitted to hospital as I wasn't even able to keep my fluids down. My stomach looks 5 months pregnant and it's rather uncomfortable. Still here...having an ultrasound today to check my liver but actually feeling much more alive and now keeping things down.

My frostie is waiting and I expect they'll make me wait for at least two bleeds.

Hope you all have more exciting news!

I started stimulation wednesday with micro lupron and today i added low dose hcg and folistim tonight. I have an ultrasound and blood on Tuesday.

Sorry to hear about being over stimulated :( that stinks. I hope you feel better soon!!

Hi ladies, can I join? I've no idea when I'm starting though!!

I've just found out I'm going for a follicle ultrasound scan on Friday. Then consultant will decide what's happening next. The fertility coordinator told me this morning that he's put down for me to have a drug first but apparently not the pill so I'm not sure what it is or how long for, then I'll be getting cetrotide for 14 days.

I've had IVF for DD but at a different clinic and I was on different medication then, so diff circumstances.

Did anyone else take a pill/other drug before starting injections?

I was on birth control for 3 weeks before stimulation. I'm currently on day 4 of stimulation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"