starting nursery/school question

pinkish_angel

Reaction score
I know I sound stupid askin this but my daughter was 3 on sunday and just wanted to know bout her goin to nursery/school. Do I get a letter from the government tellin me what to do/how to enroll her and when etc or do I have to go myself and sort it somehow?? Maybe its the school that contacts me?

I put her name down when she was about a year old at the school up the road but do they contact me about her going when its time or? :blush:

xxx

Hi are you in Britain? if so then i would ring the nursery you put her name down at cause most nurseries have 3 intakes in sept, jan and after easter, so you should have heard something by now for this intake but she might have missed the cut off date so at least they can tell you if she will have a place in september good luck x

thanks hun, I will pop in after easter and see what they say. Im such a pleb I just didnt think. I just assumed they would contact me as her name is down. xxx

my baby was 3 in feb. we found out at private nurserys you could put them in before the sept term, most schools said it was sept start? he has been at school since last wednesday and LOVES it. :D

i didn't have a clue either. i phoned our localchild services department, like a sure start and asked and they sent me a packout afterphoning around found 1 with places willing to take my son. went down, viewednursery filled forms in there and then within a month of that he started.

xXx

You have to go and do it yourself hun , fill out a form that they give you and they should sort it all :)

not all nurseries have an easter intake. chloe was 3 last april and started nursery in the september.
for school application i looked on local council website and could apply online in the december. had to wait untl march to hear what school she had got a place in. my letter for her never arrived so had to phne the student services department up

I put kacy down in two nurserys and i had to ring them both to find out if she got in to start in january, one said yes the other said we would of rang you. but neither of them told me either way so i would give them a ring.

did they not tell you when they inrole hun?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->