Starting Our Stash! Help!

Chloe Rachel

Reaction score
My little man is now 8 weeks old and we are about to start cloth!

At the moment i am doing a two week trial through our nappy library but of course i have to give them back!
Money is rather tight so i can't buy new as they are far too expensive!
Has anyone got any tips or tricks to getting them second hand?
How much should i pay roughly?
Where abouts should i get them from?

We like the tots bots easy fit and the bumgenius! They fit him perfectly!

Please help i would love to do this! And i really don't want to go back to disposables once i have to give these back!

Have a look online at the mo as its Real Nappy Week. A lot of online retailers are offering discounts and free postage. If you like Tots Bots Babipur are selling 3 v3 for half price. Also tescos are selling some tots bots half price.

A cheap pocket nappy my lo gets on well with is Alva. Great if cost is an issue for you. I love the minky fabric, and they are only £3.99 a nappy on Millies nappies. Also they have deals for 3 on Tiny Nippers. Maybe buy 1 to try to see how your lo gets on with them? I have quite a few of them as well as Tots Bots. Theres soooo much choice!!

I know it's a bit over whelming! I have some Alva on the way :) from tiny nippers!

Very exciting! :happydance:

Thank You

The nappy lady has little lambs one size, a lovely pocket nappy, 10 for £50. And if you have a free consultation you get a 5% discount too. We have them as well as bumgenius for our dd and they're great xx

Ask the nappy library if they have any 'cheapies' you can try - many will have them, and some libraries also keep loan kits of nappies that are no longer available new but you can still get cheaply preloved e.g. the Tots Bots V2s were decent but most shops only have the V3s or V4s now (Tesco have the V2s half price though, clearing stock I think). It's worth trying them before buying though, just in case they don't suit LO as well as the later versions.

If you look on Facebook, there are several big selling groups for nappies - you can get some good bargains in there. Real Nappy Week is just finishing so there are still some good offers on new nappies, but also people in the selling groups will probably be selling lots to fund the RNW purchases :D

I second the little lamb one size pockets, they are great. The cloth nappy shop are 10 for £49 (and larger packs too) with free delivery, its not a sale offer either so gives u room to try and borrow one first?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->